[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Time to remove/mod signal flair gun?
Time to remove/mod signal flair gun?
djmeltdown653029Date: Sunday, 2023-01-15, 2:22 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
This item is overly abused as a one shot kill gun akin to but better than the winchester. People run around and use it as their primary weapon because the hit box it creates is enormous.

Unlink the winchester, where you need multiple buckshot hits to achieve a kill, death is almost certain any time you are hit by signal flare and this is unfair and cheap. On top of that, the signal flare is near silent so you don't even hear someone shooting it at you.

It's for these reasons I ask that we either significantly lower the HP damage it causes or remove it from gameplay.

twistedkebabfaceDate: Monday, 2023-01-16, 12:10 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
Quote djmeltdown653029 ()
This item is overly abused as a one shot kill gun akin to but better than the winchester. People run around and use it as their primary weapon because the hit box it creates is enormous.Unlink the winchester, where you need multiple buckshot hits to achieve a kill, death is almost certain any time you are hit by signal flare and this is unfair and cheap. On top of that, the signal flare is near silent so you don't even hear someone shooting it at you.

It's for these reasons I ask that we either significantly lower the HP damage it causes or remove it from gameplay.

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

mardukDate: Monday, 2023-01-16, 8:06 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
I partly agree. We had the same issue a while ago with ppl running aroung using AT-weapons for close combat (< 1 m) against inf and that was bullcrap too.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2023-01-17, 1:01 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
it takes practise to use signal flare gun it isn't any more powerful than using a knife or a regular sub-machine gun or rifle.
I don't see much of an issue with it, just let it be, you are far more likely to die by getting snipe from a distance by rifle then a signal flare.
Besides I think you wouldn't be standing if you get shot by a blazing hot firework. The same is true for getting hit by anti tank rockets or heavy calibre anti-tank rounds. Yes it's not historically accurate but it's a f****** game so deal with it and get over it.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2023-01-17, 1:03 PM

twistedkebabfaceDate: Tuesday, 2023-01-17, 8:29 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Awards: 8
Quote marduk ()
I partly agree. We had the same issue a while ago with ppl running aroung using AT-weapons for close combat (< 1 m) against inf and that was bullcrap too.

What's the problem with flare gun? It's one of the hardest and shittiest infantry weapons to operate, like No2 revolver. The point is that The_Meltdown got annoyed and felt humilated that somebody dared to shoot him with this gun.

So you see, the flare gun isn't something imbalanced or the thing that can wipe out the whole team. It's just some challenging weapon that can be fun.

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

waldhurzakDate: Saturday, 2023-01-21, 4:54 PM | Message # 6
Captain
Awards: 5
I partly agree as Marduk, this flare gun has often option as TRIPLE flare,marker shot

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

the_naturatDate: Saturday, 2023-01-28, 6:30 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
I dont agree. Flare gun is not so powerful, the reload time is way longer than winchester and this makes the balance. And usually only Chad uses flare gun, most people dont use it at all.

n.o.i.c.e.

I don`t know how to change my profile name here lol

LampoDate: Saturday, 2023-01-28, 10:19 PM | Message # 8
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
Quote waldhurzak ()
And usually only Chad uses flare gun
I ask a ban for chaddi each time I join...  love

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Time to remove/mod signal flair gun?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: