[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Modelling attempts (m)
Modelling attempts (m)
Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2012-12-29, 0:44 AM | Message # 41
Accessory Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 22
I would love to see this mortar on a semi-objective map where Germans are ordered to destroy a couple of crucial buildings, using the heavy artillery fire. Current Warsaw Uprising would fit well after being tweaked a little bit; I would place the firing position far away from the combat area so Resistance soldiers couldn't capture it (just like the heavy arty in Supercharge)

Also the sources say that a battery of two 540mm Karl mortars was used to shoot the Remagen bridge.

Do you know that one of Karl's 1,5 tone 600mm projectile was found in Warsaw this Summer? The excavator operator had to change his pants, no doubt.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2013-07-25, 8:27 PM | Message # 42
General
Awards: 38
There hasn't been much action on the server lately so I have more time and fun in Photoshop, so here's a small update regarding my Do 335:

It's still very much WIP (almost no weathering and no cockpit at the moment) but it's finally getting some shape. I haven't worked with Photoshop before so it's a very time consuming and tedious job for me. Big thanks to Mr_J who pointed me to several really helpful tutorials.

For the Do 335 B-2 I picked the II./JG 4 because it was a special bomber destroyer unit and in service till the end. Not sure if they would still have used that camo but it's the only offical one I could find for this plane.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

SimoHayhaDate: Thursday, 2013-07-25, 9:37 PM | Message # 43
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
eYe that is an awesome looking model!

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-07-28, 2:22 PM | Message # 44
Accessory Admin
Looks fantastic. What engine sounds have you used?

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2013-07-28, 3:54 PM | Message # 45
General
Thanks guys, still a long way to go though! smile

Do 335 used the DB 603 as engine, but there are only sounds for DB 601 and DB 605 in FHSW. So I picked the latter for the time being. It's also used by He 219 and Bf 110 nightfighter.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2013-11-28, 9:26 PM | Message # 46
Accessory Admin
Yeah, this is not yet another german superb fighter, so no one cares about this plane besides me tongue . This is PZL.23B Karaś, main Polish bomber and reconnaissance aircraft used during the defense of Poland, around 300 were built.

This model was exclusively made for "War over Poland 1939", a mod of the Targetware flying sim engine, both are dead today. I asked its leaders if I could make use of their plane and the result was that I've got full permission to convert and put this model in FHSW.

Many thx to eYe for sharing his knowledge about BF related things. On top of that he is working on coding right now (I think so)

The above texture look was achieved after few tweaks made by me. Bellow you can see the Karaś in its
source game:

Fritz-KempfDate: Thursday, 2013-11-28, 9:34 PM | Message # 47
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
If this be add in FHSW, then its great great news! There is a need for more Polish weapons and maps. Also French, Canada, Finland, Hungary, Italy and Australia! Can you have more aircrafts?

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2013-11-28, 10:46 PM | Message # 48
General
Quote Mr_J ()
Yeah, this is not yet another german superb fighter, so no one cares about this plane besides me .

Hey I love it, too. tongue

Texture and model quality-wise it also fits really well into FHSW.

@Fritz: You're talking like it's a 1-day job to create or even convert a model. It's definitely not. wink

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2013-11-28, 11:05 PM | Message # 49
Accessory Admin
Quote Fritz-Kempf ()
Can you have more aircrafts?
This is my last content contribution leaded by me, sorry. However, the Targetware is full of great lacking planes like P-39 Airacobra, Dornier Do-17, Fiesler Fi-156 Storch...

Fritz-KempfDate: Friday, 2013-11-29, 0:42 AM | Message # 50
FHSW Wikia Admin
. I know its not a
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
@Fritz: You're talking like it's a 1-day job to create or even convert a model. It's definitely not. day job.

Eye.....Do you know who i am? One of the developpers of BF1918 and i know its indeed not a 1 day job. I just say, there is a need. Why the FHSW dev team focus on USA - German - Japanese - Russian stuff and not on others? wink

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2013-11-29, 1:02 PM | Message # 51
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Very nice model! I will be happy to see it ingame!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Santa-AnnaDate: Saturday, 2013-11-30, 12:10 PM | Message # 52
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 19
I wish I could learn to do the same models. They are wonderful...

slobodanDate: Saturday, 2013-11-30, 1:38 PM | Message # 53
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
Karaś  happy

It's my dream to have so big knowledge about modeling for FHSW like Mr_J and eYe book

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-12-01, 4:11 PM | Message # 54
Accessory Admin
I can't do models Slobo, I just converted it

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2013-12-01, 5:37 PM | Message # 55
FHSW Wikia Admin
And how you do that?

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-12-01, 6:35 PM | Message # 56
Accessory Admin
I press the "Convert it" button happy

slobodanDate: Sunday, 2013-12-01, 6:39 PM | Message # 57
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
Where can I find this converter?  booze

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-12-01, 7:39 PM | Message # 58
Accessory Admin
Well, basically you need to weld / detach all elements of model, textures and materials to follow the BF scheme. Codding is another issue, but this is not question to me.

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2014-01-18, 9:57 PM | Message # 59
Accessory Admin
Mission accomplished. Ultimately after long and curvy trip, with enormous contribution of our fellow eYe, I've finished working on the PZL.23B Karaś.

I would have never had this model coded by myself, so dear eYe, one more time let me express my gratitude for the long hours of your life you wasted, doing stuff for some stranger from the Internet. Thank you!

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2014-01-18, 11:49 PM | Message # 60
General
No problem mate, it was a fun project for the most part and I learned a lot from it, especially about lod selectors. biggrin I think we're a good team.

I really like how you improved the textures when I compare the current model with the screenshot above.

Now let's hope the devs actually put it in. Shouldn't be too much work now to do that.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Modelling attempts (m)
Search: