[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.55 release thread (r)
FHSW 0.55 release thread (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:05 PM | Message # 41
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote Mr_J ()
I have to put a pinch of criticism here, someone else would do that sooner or later. I mean that destructible walls ruin the map balance and mapper's intentions at the same time. Like on Ramelle, where always was only one way for Panzers to get through the street and cap the first flag, what was a challenging task.
Same about Juno. While crushing the beach wall by arty and Avre looks spectacular, it's easy job, so again tanks go thru wherever they want, what doesn't allow Germans to set up a firm defence at tight passages.

That's a bad example because Juno already had destructible walls in previous versions. biggrin
But I get what you're saying, in the upcoming weeks we have to observe how much it effects gameplay and if it's positive or negative. My main concern is that it makes infantry play even less enjoyable as it is because it's harder to hide from tanks. Combine that with the fact that there are often more tanks than players on a lot of maps with also very short respawn times. I understand that they want to show what they have but it feels more and more like World of Tanks especially with our lower player numbers. I really enjoyed the lower number of tanks on FHT, makes for more tactical gameplay and also encourages teamplay. That's just my personal opinion no idea what you guys think.

Quote Xenanab ()
Are these structures specifically modified for certain maps or would ALL of them on each map be destructible??

Only on certain maps and even there only specific trees/structures. You can't make all things destructible because according to the devs there's a limit of about 800 objects you can have on a map. Check the developer readme included in FHSW 0.55.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 42
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
That's a bad example because Juno already had destructible walls in previous versions.

oh i had no idea.

My main concern is that it makes infantry play even less enjoyable as it is because it's harder to hide from tanks. Combine that with the fact that there are often more tanks than players on a lot of maps with also very short respawn times. I understand that they want to show what they have but it feels more and more like World of Tanks especially with our lower player numbers.

You can read my mind, i have the same feeling.

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 43
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Already starting to miss 0.51.

They turned the Ar-234 into a level bomber, removed the remote MG. The physics of the bombs of the new level bombers have changed completely so that they're more like cannons shooting straight down, not much seems to be inherited from airspeed. Seriously, point your craft upwards of 45 degrees and use it as if it were a gun. Icon on the map is distracting, is there anyway for me to mod that so that I don't see it anymore?

I appreciate the hard work of the devs but so far I personally do not like much of what is new.

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 44
Accessory Admin
From what I can see, huge maps with large ammount of objects cause server to crash sad Siegfried Line, Alpenfestung, Zitadelle, Goodwood and probably many more that we have not played yet... This is not cool... I don't know if the mod files are bugged or our server got too old for the 0.55. Can anyone say what is happening on Japanese server?

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 45
Major
Isn't there a crap ton of server side mods? Unless those have been fully overwritten and tossed there are probably many conflicts.

Message edited by Korsakov829 - Wednesday, 2014-07-02, 9:59 PM

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 46
Accessory Admin
Any maps related SSM made for 0.51 is discarded

This is one of the latest FHSWman tweets. Anyone with Japanese skills?
Quote FHSWman
FHSW055について、どうも真ん中あたりの時期のドイツ系マップに何か良からんものがあるみたいで。カラテが回復次第原因究明に務めます。あと、一部マップでは樹木柵類が二重になっているようで、この修正とも合わせて遠くないうちにhotfixを出すことになると思います

undefined amount of maps involving Germans causing problems, trees, fences, hotfix on the way, ????

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:06 PM | Message # 47
General
Hmm maybe I'll wait a bit with the installer then. They usually don't release patches you have to download the whole thing again.

btw. Siegfried Line worked fine when we played it with 10 to 15 players on Sunday, strange.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:07 PM | Message # 48
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Just yet it works the whole time without servercrash (Siegfriedline) ?!  Yes perhaps better to wait if a hotfix will be released!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:07 PM | Message # 49
Major
Played Siegried tonight and it didn't crash, it did disconnect me when changing to the next map which for some reason was Siegfried again.

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:07 PM | Message # 50
Accessory Admin
I checked the logs. Siegfried crashed 3 times since the time we had the 055 installed.

I found some SSM patches on umeboshi ftp and applied them to the server. However I have no idea if these can do anything against the crashes.
ftp://princeumeboshi2.servegame.com/modfile....0Weapon

wewakDate: Monday, 2014-06-30, 8:07 PM | Message # 51
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Quote Mr_J ()
Can anyone say what is happening on Japanese server?
Plays fine with 70 people, just crashes with maps involving germans.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Friday, 2014-07-04, 0:29 AM | Message # 52
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
OK, so I downloaded the FHSW .55 version and tried to open it with WinRAR, but I got an error message that said "NO ARCHIVES FOUND" and in the dialogue box said that the files inside were broken or corrupt, I've downloaded it twice so I know I didn't download it incorrectly, anybody got any idea's?

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2014-07-04, 8:16 PM | Message # 53
General
Try to unzip it with 7zip

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DeathDate: Saturday, 2014-07-05, 5:45 AM | Message # 54
Colonel
Awards: 13
J apparently they are aware and they are going to make a hotfix, double fenes and other stuff is causing the problem with everything looks like.

MannsDate: Saturday, 2014-07-05, 1:55 PM | Message # 55
Colonel
Awards: 11
Leopard you can elevate the smokelauncher on position 2 with arrows !

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2014-07-13, 4:00 PM | Message # 56
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote Manns ()
Leopard you can elevate the smokelauncher on position 2 with arrows !

Its not the smoke launcher its the periscope

Detected PAK 40 L70 on seelow heights as most AT guns

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Sunday, 2014-07-13, 4:07 PM

Korsakov829Date: Tuesday, 2014-07-15, 10:15 PM | Message # 57
Major
Looks like they changed Manchuria quite a bit, new Soviet main base. Wish they would've kept the original ground textures though.

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2014-07-25, 10:36 AM | Message # 58
General
Deathy can you please translate the latest FHSWdev tweet for us:

FHSW0.55について、PrinceUmeboshi serverでは今日からしばらくの間、不具合があると確定したマップは出来るだけ外したマップ巡回となる予定です。ご迷惑をおかけしております

Google Translator only creates gibberish for me.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2014-07-25, 2:01 PM | Message # 59
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Google Translator only creates gibberish for me.
Google often fails with Japanese, so I use it in pair with Bing Translator and Babylon, that translate it much better sometimes. Here is what I've got so far:

From today while glitches in PrinceUmeboshi server FHSW0.55 information is finalized and a map is going to map circuit removed as much as possible. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2014-07-25, 4:05 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2014-07-26, 11:36 AM | Message # 60
General
Hmm and what does it mean? They're going to remove maps from the rotation on Prince Umeboshi?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.55 release thread (r)
Search: