[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.6 BUG REPORTS (r) (Post any bugs found)
FHSW 0.6 BUG REPORTS (r)
wewakDate: Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 2:37 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Gameplay Bugs:

Visual Bugs:

Sound Bugs:

Other:

Added (2016-09-27, 1:37 PM)
---------------------------------------------
So far I have had a random crash on Rheinübung, anyone else on this map?

jesseperraro89Date: Wednesday, 2016-09-28, 1:10 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
In this new update can not play on the server Midway map in 1942 when loading the map in my stalingrad carries the forgotten hope and ends up giving error on my pc. one thing I noticed was that after I have this map inserted in this FHSW 0.6 but not in crete game recognizes the map found it strange that

RexmontDate: Thursday, 2016-09-29, 9:38 PM | Message # 3
Private
Awards: 0
A bug that still hasn't been fixed is the bug where when you press the 7 key it crashes the game if your kit has nothing in the 7th slot.

MannsDate: Friday, 2016-09-30, 10:44 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Blocked
Awards: 11
m1 Garand with scope has a bug that makes you blind when you look through the scope
Sherman with Sandbags got wrong symbol on pos 1 still not fixed

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Message edited by Manns - Friday, 2016-09-30, 10:45 AM

XenanabDate: Friday, 2016-09-30, 2:41 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Remagen is broken. At least on multiplayer it seems to crash all player clients.

starking018Date: Friday, 2016-09-30, 7:09 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Awards: 22
I was able to load Remagen when connecting to my server. I run my game in Windows NT4.0 compatibility mode. I think some of you may have some custom maps for FH (such as from PFC mappacks or Fan Mappacks other than FH Fan Mappack 6) which are known to cause crashes, specifically on maps such as Remagen and Midway-1942 and maybe others. We haven't determined exactly which maps cause the crashes, but what fixes the problem is removing all map files from Battlefield 1942\Mods\FH\Archives\bf1942\levels that aren't from FH 0.7 or Fan Mappack 6. Usually, if you order the files by date modified you'll see that the FH 0.7 map files are dated 2005, Fan Mappack 6 map files are dated May 2006 and all map files dated after 2006 are probably custom  maps which you can remove. If you are not sure, or the "date modified" is not right, you can remove the whole folder and reinstall just FH 0.7 and Fan Mappack 6. If you want to still be able to play those other FH maps too, have a copy of the entire Battlefield 1942 directory with all the custom FH maps in, and start FH from there.

I and Duck did have client crashes loading Alaska, while E-3 did not. In v0.552 the map used to crash only if I used Alt+Tab (this issue was absent if I didn't run the game in Windows NT4.0 compatibility mode). And now it doesn't work at all, in any compatibility mode, nor out of compatibility mode. I remember in v0.552 on Gazaps I had a similar crash to what I have now on Alaska, and if I recall correctly, the issue wasn't there when I was using a nVidia GPU instead of Intel's, so I suspect Intel's GPU/driver as having something to do with crashes on some maps.

I tested Alaska on my server and the server also crashed on Alaska at the end of the round, sometimes. In the event log there was this information: "Faulting application bf1942_w32ded.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.1.2600.6055, fault address 0x00010a19."

I can confirm the crash when pressing 7 with some kits (such as some of the kits with a M18 recoilless rifle).

Some other bugs I found:

Cleveland's 28mm AA guns' projectiles produce no effect when hitting water, even at close distance.

On the map Kakazu Ridge in the tunnels when players die their kits disappear (fall through the object?)

VK16.02 MAN on Reichsbahn lacks icons on positions 3 and 4.

On FHT Pasir Panjang at flag 3 there is a Vickers machinegun on the roof of the building, inclined slightly upwards. When a player enters it the soldier clips through the roof.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Friday, 2016-09-30, 7:23 PM

E-3Date: Friday, 2016-09-30, 11:19 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
the ju88 on battle of britain and  el alamein is missing texture on side
and i keep disconnecting from server on battle of britain
dont know if  its just me but it piss me off i have tried joining like 5 times on multiple settings
like lower resolution net speed and even turning off firewall

what i got is bf1942 on post gamespy patch
plus mods like
desert combat
dc final
dcx
bf1918
battlegroup42
pirates
airwolf
interstate
galactic conquest
eve of destruction
finwars
silent heroes
and even more but dont think thats my problem
i have only fh and mappack 6 nothing more and the new fhsw 0.6

my system
intel core i5 4670 16 gb ram asus maximus vi hero and a amd xfx hd 7970
my amd driver is not uptodate   its on 12.13 but its useless to update  anyway  they dont fix bf1942 sad
and im on windows 7 can dual boot win10

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Friday, 2016-09-30, 11:25 PM

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2016-10-04, 12:38 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
floating mg post on midway 1942 need to be fix its small problem but still

https://i.imgsafe.org/39304592ef.jpg

and the map midway 1942 has way bigger problems it can not be found in the map list only on server side
when i join on my own server it had all the spawns  messed up in  water or ships where below water
this map needs  alot of rework and it should be removed from the map list for now

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2016-10-04, 12:40 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2016-10-04, 4:39 PM | Message # 9
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote Manns ()
m1 Garand with scope has a bug that makes you blind when you look through the scope

Can confirm, also happens with Arisaka sniper rifle.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

CanukAttakDate: Friday, 2016-10-07, 3:07 AM | Message # 10
Captain
Bouganville Japanese main base spawn point by the Betties is invisible wall that isn't easy to get through

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2016-10-08, 0:40 AM | Message # 11
Lieutenant General
Quote CanukAttak ()
Bouganville Japanese main base spawn point by the Betties is invisible wall that isn't easy to get through

confirm, sensed that too

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2016-10-08, 9:22 AM | Message # 12
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Awards: 27
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Can confirm, also happens with Arisaka sniper rifle.
Same for S-18/1100.

wewakDate: Saturday, 2016-10-08, 12:39 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 3
I will update the OP later today. thanks for the contributions so far.

starking018Date: Saturday, 2016-10-08, 8:18 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Midway-1942 objective mode works fine for me on a dedicated server - all 4 axis carriers are present, no apparent problems with spawns.

Here's a list of various bugs I've noticed in FHSW. Many of them were in previous versions, too:

• The collision mesh of the deployable Bofors 40mm is wrong. It's too large and protects the operator from being shot, while the gun itself is also hard to destroy. Realistically, it should take damage from projectiles as small as 12.7mm, but it doesn't. The bug is present in both the deployed and non-deployed Bofors, but not on stationary Bofors.
  • In the PT Elco boat you can kill yourself with your own torpedos if you launch them while in a turn at high speed. Specifically, rear left torpedo in a left turn and rear right torpedo in a right turn.

Things I've noticed since version 0.6:
  • I couldn't load Gazaps with any settings under Windows XP OS. I used to be able to load it only with
    Windows NT 4.0 or earlier compatibility mode in v0.552.
  • On Apennines the counterspawn SturmTiger in axis main seems to be locked
    to allies. Also, the train is not team locked, while I see no reason it
    and all its cars?) shouldn't be locked, since it spawns from the
    beginning.
  • There doesn't seem to be much flare pistol ammo in the ammoboxes. It happens that it runs out
    e.g. it happened once on FHT Hong Kong).

• In the current version I noticed these wrong kill message texts:
  • On Bulge when you get killed by a Pershing it says "[Universal Carrier]".
  • On Rattrap kills by the E25 variant with 75mm gun show the text for the one with a "10.5cm PAW1000".

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 1:19 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant Colonel
retest map midway 1942 its now loading up on my own server and has the spawns good.
so i retest on fhsw-europ.ucoz server when no 1 was on playing  and it was not good you get pegasus bridge loading screen
and once you loaded up allies have no aircraft carrier so cannot play objective mode when played the map on the server when it had 30 players on  last week  no one knows what to do so  i have looked at the spawn script i think allies have 3 objects 1 aircraft carrier 2 Sand_Island 3 Eastern_Island  axis have 4  aircraft carriers  when game loading up i think the allies aircraft carrier is underwater  and die or not ? or never spawns even before game starts so again the map has to be fixed.
and a new problem me and new player where looking at fhsw maps  and i want to show  the ohka bomb  on Operation Kikusui day2 but that map just crashed the server

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2016-10-12, 0:06 AM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 7:09 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant General
Seems that there are any interfences with any other map from Pixelfighter or other custom stuff. For me everything is fine at the map and I have no other stuff in my map folder.

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 7:10 PM

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 9:21 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant Colonel
i have no Pixelfighter  maps installed.

i have opened midway 1942 again and have a good look .

ObjectiveSpawnerTemplates.con shows  there are 3 objects to Destroy for axis  1 Eastern_Island   2 Sand_Island 3 Yorktown

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2016-10-11, 11:58 PM

sonikglightDate: Wednesday, 2016-10-12, 1:35 AM | Message # 18
Private
Awards: 6
Any add on to your FH folder like "sound and texture pack" will miss up or could miss up your FHSW folder.

FHSW uses FH to play. 

This info is for thoes who don't know.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2016-10-12, 1:42 AM | Message # 19
Lieutenant Colonel
no add ons

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2016-10-12, 4:34 AM | Message # 20
Colonel
OK, I don't understand this stuff very well, but I opened that file and I found that the Yorktown part is surrounded by beginrem and endrem, so it's not meant to be executed. Maybe the map is meant to be this way in this version, with no allied carriers. Also, the pictures in the readme folder show only the 2 island targets. It is strange that you have a pegasus bridge loading screen though. I have no loading screen at all, and no map name is shown with the original release of 0.6. When I replace the lexiconall.dat file with the one that eYe made and included in his installer, I at least get the right map name (Battle of Midway). If anyone is bothered by missing or wrong map names on loading screens and other similar minor issues, you can ask someone to upload eYe's lexiconall.dat file separately.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.6 BUG REPORTS (r) (Post any bugs found)
Search: