[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-01-22, 2:34 AM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Quote rumpirate100 ()
Yeah thanks for that do maps get updated frequently do you know.

Yes, I think they update their map pack at least 3 times a year after every custom map event. Here is their December 2019 map pack: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kLlLkLSxy3jfJpaF_d-i5SnCsvs0SXg/view

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Wednesday, 2020-01-22, 2:55 AM | Message # 22
Captain
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
Thanks i have that one, somehow I found myself on 1121 twitter page at some point and he usually links latest mappack.

https://twitter.com/akari1121aA

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-06-14, 1:04 PM | Message # 23
Captain
1121 linked to these 2 maps recently haven't tried them but Sea Lion especially sounds interesting :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FEBvYZsZCtogQn82PMI8k0q35Fp5MaxY/view

lepiolotmathieuDate: Saturday, 2021-01-30, 2:41 PM | Message # 24
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hi, I would like to be able to play on this server but it remains grayed out in the list I don't understand. I downloaded the maps that I found here, it dates from this month (January 2021), but the server remains grayed out. Could someone help me?

Blasphemy

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Saturday, 2021-01-30, 6:26 PM | Message # 25
Captain
Sure its right one i've seen 2 in the list.

This is the IP for the correct one - 163.43.113.199:14567

Also it does fill up quickly by about 1:15 GMT I notice its all but full.

lepiolotmathieuDate: Sunday, 2021-01-31, 2:12 PM | Message # 26
Private
This is the one I have in the list, but grayed out  sad

Blasphemy

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Monday, 2021-02-01, 2:01 AM | Message # 27
Captain
Just because it's grey doesn't mean you can't join it try it.

Also get allin1 installer if you didn't http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/34-909-1

lepiolotmathieuDate: Monday, 2021-02-01, 12:31 PM | Message # 28
Private
I'll try, I thought greyed out meant unavailable, once I tried on another server, after an hour the server was still loading.

I think I already have everything this installer offers. I have the game on CD and the latest patch, and the latest versions of FH and FHSW.

Blasphemy

lepiolotmathieuDate: Monday, 2021-02-01, 1:27 PM | Message # 29
Private
Well I tried and it does not work, the map loads and when the loading bar is full, the music continues but the game does not start, I waited 5 minutes I think it is no use 'wait more.

On the other hand I think I know why the server is grayed out, in the server information, it is indicated that the version of Battlefield 1942 used is 1.62, which does not exist doesn't it? (EDIT : well it is 1.612, I might have found the problem) This is the case for several grayed out servers so I think that's why.

Anyway, it doesn't work and I think I will give up. Thanks for answering my questions though.

EDIT : I installed 1.612, that's why the server was grayed out, however it still doesn't work. And indeed the yellow servers have turned gray but are still functioning.I give up.

Blasphemy

Message edited by lepiolotmathieu - Monday, 2021-02-01, 2:00 PM

starking018Date: Monday, 2021-02-01, 4:26 PM | Message # 30
Colonel
Quote lepiolotmathieu ()
Well I tried and it does not work, the map loads and when the loading bar is full, the music continues but the game does not start, I waited 5 minutes I think it is no use 'wait more.
Hi! If you are on Windows 8 or 10 you should uninstall the thing called "Battlefield 1942 Windows Vista/7 compatibility fix". I guess you installed FHSW from the FHSW installed and you clicked Yes when it asked you whether to install this or not. It is known to cause long or infinite loading, while it's not actually needed on Windows 8 and newer. Also you should disable any compatibility modes if you are on Windows 10.

Also if your CPU is super slow and ancient FHSW can take 5 minutes to load, so it is recommended to install it on the fastest PC you have (it can load in about 30 seconds on latest CPUs). The game is old, but this mod is not, so it is not made for ancient hardware.

lepiolotmathieuDate: Thursday, 2021-04-29, 3:56 PM | Message # 31
Private
Thank you very much for your answer. I wanted to try again, without success, so I came to ask for help here before I saw your answer.

So, I uninstalled Battlefield 1942 Windows Vista/7 compatibility fix, and although I still can't play it, it has changed. Now when the bar has finished loading, the game tries to launch the map and after a few seconds the game quits completely.

I don't have the option to turn off Compatibility Mode (fixed on Windows XP (Service Pack 3)), and I have no other computer, and the power of this one is only 2.20 GHz.

Could it be possible that the game crashes when I try to play on this server because my processor is too weak?

Blasphemy

starking018Date: Saturday, 2021-05-01, 5:29 PM | Message # 32
Colonel
Apply the 4GB patch to BF1942.exe:
6. Apply the 4GB patch to avoid unnecessary crashes, slow loading, random errors, etc.
Try the "4 GB Patch" (it does not have 4 GB in size, it allows your BF1942 process to use 4GB of RAM on older systems instead of just 2 GB). To install it follow instructions on this page: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

I think what happened is this: first you installed FHSW from the FHSW installer (the one made by eYe.ris and uploaded to moddb), as I mentioned before. It automatically patches bf1942.exe with the 4GB patch above. However, you later said "I installed 1.612, that's why the server was grayed out...", so you've replaced bf1942.exe with a different one, which means the 4GB patch is no longer in your bf1942.exe. So, in this case the install order was important, even though it's not explicitly mentioned anywhere, unfortunately.

Please report if applying the 4GB patch fixed it. If there are issues still, you can start a new thread in the Support and Help section: http://www.fhsw-europe.com/forum/21.

Quote lepiolotmathieu ()
I don't have the option to turn off Compatibility Mode (fixed on Windows XP (Service Pack 3)),
I suppose it's greyed out because it is disabled, i.e. the check box above it, "Run this program in compatibility mode..." is not checked. So everything is fine if that is the case.

Quote lepiolotmathieu ()
Could it be possible that the game crashes when I try to play on this server because my processor is too weak?
I don't think that's possible. It'll just affect the loading time.

Message edited by starking018 - Saturday, 2021-05-01, 5:35 PM

lepiolotmathieuDate: Monday, 2021-05-03, 0:08 AM | Message # 33
Private
Thank you again for your answer.

I installed the 4GB patch on the bf1942.exe file, but the result is the same. Then I realized that the compatibility mode was in fact enabled, by clicking on an option I was able to disable it, but the result is the same.

I tested on the Japanese server, then for once I saw people on the European server so I also tried, same result..

Blasphemy

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2021-10-10, 3:05 PM | Message # 34
Captain
Would anyone have a link to the latest kabu map pack was just on there and they had festung breslau map which must be in their latest one.

jeanstonezeDate: Sunday, 2021-10-10, 5:15 PM | Message # 35
Lieutenant
Awards: 7
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BGRD724y1P0WkULMJDuPOQTa_eNAacy8/view
All of their maps are coming with european mappack 4.2 too very soon I think.

Jan Paul a.k.a. DALlDA

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW Server in Japan: Kabu.server FHSW0.61 (m)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: