[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSWdev's Twitter pictures (m)
FHSWdev's Twitter pictures (m)
littlecowboyandyDate: Thursday, 2017-04-20, 8:00 PM | Message # 341
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
Is this a new japanese bomber?
https://twitter.com/FHSWman/status/854282291022929920/photo/1

RADIOSMERSHDate: Tuesday, 2017-06-13, 12:57 PM | Message # 342
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote littlecowboyandy ()

Nah, just the Il-4 cockpit.

Added (2017-06-13, 11:57 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Someone had implemented toggable tank gunsight magnification:

twistedkebabfaceDate: Tuesday, 2017-06-13, 1:20 PM | Message # 343
Lieutenant
Awards: 8
Wow! That's so cool!!  wow

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 3:54 PM | Message # 344
Accessory Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 22
This is my video that you have found. That little mod was made quite a long time ago by eYe and me. Yes, I do realize you may conceive this as a cheat, but on the other hand this brings a feature which is missing in FHSW,. Each tanks game I,ve ever played allows to make full usage of tank gun optics. Without it tanking is so dull imho.

mardukDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 3:58 PM | Message # 345
General
Awards: 45
I think its pretty cool. Cant we apply it for everybody?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 4:00 PM | Message # 346
Accessory Admin
I think we can share our thoughts about it. I don't mind posting the files if we agreed.

mardukDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 5:09 PM | Message # 347
General
Since I also used to play tank simulations I think it is a great feature and it would quite improve the mod.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 6:01 PM | Message # 348
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
It indeed is a cool feature that makes tank combat more tense.

However in my opinion, before such a huge advantage for tankers is provided, turret traverse speed should be slower on all tanks. Otherwise armored player will always dominate a map in a rather unrealistic way.
It really sucks that allies must receive Pershing tanks in 1944 in order to balance out maps with Tigers and friends. With slower traverse speeds it would be actually possible to flank a King Tiger how it's suppose to happen and both teams can actually apply more tactical armor movement instead of just straightly going with KT and Pershing on the battlefield.

Why does the KV2 has such a slow turret while you can turn a KT's gun with the speed of light ? I dont say that the speeds should be realistic... that would be unbearable for this arcady game. But there should still be a way to make it more appropiate. Plane speeds also got configurated in a balanced way.

xxpollenzxxDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 6:33 PM | Message # 349
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Quote Xenanab ()
It indeed is a cool feature that makes tank combat more tense.

However in my opinion, before such a huge advantage for tankers is provided, turret traverse speed should be slower on all tanks. Otherwise armored player will always dominate a map in a rather unrealistic way.
It really sucks that allies must receive Pershing tanks in 1944 in order to balance out maps with Tigers and friends. With slower traverse speeds it would be actually possible to flank a King Tiger how it's suppose to happen and both teams can actually apply more tactical armor movement instead of just straightly going with KT and Pershing on the battlefield.

Why does the KV2 has such a slow turret while you can turn a KT's gun with the speed of light ? I dont say that the speeds should be realistic... that would be unbearable for this arcady game. But there should still be a way to make it more appropiate. Plane speeds also got configurated in a balanced way.

Agreed.

And question. Do you have to press the inside camera button to get closer, dont you? Like when you press C and it changes from the first camera to the last one, or what?

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2017-06-16, 9:58 PM | Message # 350
Accessory Admin
Quote xxpollenzxx ()
And question. Do you have to press the inside camera button to get closer, dont you? Like when you press C and it changes from the first camera to the last one, or what?

No, these camera views are independent. That means there are three zoom levels, each one is binded to its own key, Num1, Num2, Num3 in my case. So Num1 is normal FOV (Field of View), Num2 is medium, and Num3 is the narrowest. A little downside of this mod is that zooming feature can't be used solely within the inside camera of vehicles, therefore the zooming works also while running on foot, with external viewsights etc.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2017-06-17, 7:47 AM | Message # 351
General
Quote Xenanab: "However in my opinion, before such a huge advantage for tankers is provided, turret traverse speed should be slower on all tanks."

Agreed.

Quote Mr J: "A little downside of this mod is that zooming feature can't be used solely within the inside camera of vehicles, therefore the zooming works also while running on foot, with external viewsights etc."

Ok, thats pretty unrealistic and bad..

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2017-06-17, 9:40 AM | Message # 352
Lieutenant General
Quote Xenanab ()
Why does the KV2 has such a slow turret while you can turn a KT's gun with the speed of light ?

The turning rate of the King tigers turret is 19 seconds for 360 degrees (at 2000 rpm on Maybach cool ), thats quite fast, compared to the Tiger I with 60 seconds for 360 degrees ...
Sherman have 15 seconds for 360 degrees ...

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Saturday, 2017-06-17, 10:53 AM

bubuDate: Saturday, 2017-06-17, 9:49 AM | Message # 353
Colonel
Awards: 31
Quote Mr_J ()
A little downside of this mod is that zooming feature can't be used solely within the inside camera of vehicles, therefore the zooming works also while running on foot, with external viewsights etc.
Hahaha biggrin  lol!

Seriously speaking though: before implementing this seriously cool stuff, we would need to fix this error, making it usable in vehicles only smile

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2017-06-17, 6:17 PM | Message # 354
Colonel
Theoratically, wouldn't the removal of the 3rd person cameras altogether do the trick already?

I would have nothing against it, since on tanks with swappable ammunition like the Hellcat or the Ferdinand the 3rd person camera results in an unfair advantage when using during battle (huuuge camera angle that allowes to look around everywhere).

@ Robert : Was just an example. This also applies of course to all heavy turret guns. The normal Tiger for example can turn its turret way too fast which makes the tank significantly more powerful than it actually was.

Also not only the turret speed is inaccurate but also the acceleration of most armor movement. E.g tt doesn't take long to reach max speed with a IS 2, which is weird either.

Message edited by Xenanab - Saturday, 2017-06-17, 6:22 PM

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2017-06-19, 10:22 PM | Message # 355
Accessory Admin
Quote bubu ()
Seriously speaking though: before implementing this seriously cool stuff, we would need to fix this error, making it usable in vehicles only smile
We'd need someone with 'more than basic' programming knowledge to achieve that. But who knows, maybe it's more simple trouble to fix than it seems to be.

Quote Xenanab ()
Theoratically, wouldn't the removal of the 3rd person cameras altogether do the trick already?
It's possible to disable external camera remotely via Server Manager, but it makes tank gunsights out of use at the same time, becase technically these are nose cam viewsights. This method works fine for plane battles, because everyone is stuck within the cockpit smile But not for tanks sad

Quote Xenanab ()
I would have nothing against it, since on tanks with swappable ammunition like the Hellcat or the Ferdinand the 3rd person camera results in an unfair advantage when using during battle (huuuge camera angle that allowes to look around everywhere).
Yes, it's sooo arcade

Quote Xenanab ()
@ Robert : Was just an example. This also applies of course to all heavy turret guns. The normal Tiger for example can turn its turret way too fast which makes the tank significantly more powerful than it actually was.Also not only the turret speed is inaccurate but also the acceleration of most armor movement. E.g tt doesn't take long to reach max speed with a IS 2, which is weird either.

One day I'd been trying to play around with altering vehicles handling via SSM. It somewhat worked, but there was visible interference between server and client files. However I recall successfully changing the Me262 turning radius so that Robert couldn't make rapid 180 turns at full speed anymore :P. So some of the things can work out.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2017-06-19, 11:02 PM | Message # 356
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Mr_J ()
We'd need someone with 'more than basic' programming knowledge to achieve that. But who knows, maybe it's more simple trouble to fix than it seems to be.

Well, the developer of FHR mod had implemented this feature too recently. I wonder if he managed to overcome this issue or even implemented zooming feature in different way, so I will ask him about that ASAP.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2017-06-19, 11:06 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2017-06-20, 2:16 AM | Message # 357
Lieutenant General
Quote Xenanab ()
@ Robert : Was just an example. This also applies of course to all heavy turret guns. The normal Tiger for example can turn its turret way too fast which makes the tank significantly more powerful than it actually was.

Yes, best way to handle this proper, would be the way they did like in FH². Actually you just have to switch the DPI at ur mouse to improve the turning rate of the turret.

Quote Mr_J ()
However I recall successfully changing the Me262 turning radius so that Robert couldn't make rapid 180 turns at full speed anymore :P. So some of the things can work out.

surprised dry hm ... this something that I mentioned before that the flying physics are absolutly upside down here in FHSW. U can do the most tightly turns at the highest speed wacko really bollocks ... Look at the ME 163 Komet that thing becomes hardly stearably at low speed although it was created as a "glider" with good maneuverabilty at medium speed, but it get the more quicksilver like, the higher the speed is ... wacko

waldhurzakDate: Tuesday, 2017-10-03, 0:28 AM | Message # 358
Captain
Awards: 5
https://twitter.com/Azami_Kureha

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2017-10-03, 1:25 PM | Message # 359
Lieutenant General
Oh great !!! I remember that AA rocket launcher from recruit snyder mod more than 12 years ago
Damn, time goes by sad

klick her for video

If anyone know how to implement this video in screen here feel free to edit my account

mega rofl hahahahaha

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Tuesday, 2017-10-03, 1:31 PM

waldhurzakDate: Sunday, 2017-12-31, 3:13 AM | Message # 360
Captain
Awards: 5
wooooooooow Polish ships he created?

https://twitter.com/Azami_Kureha

Added (2017-12-28, 10:40 PM)

Added (2017-12-31, 2:13 AM)
this one is Hungarian ship
https://twitter.com/Azami_Kureha/status/946984401870585857

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

Message edited by waldhurzak - Saturday, 2017-12-30, 3:39 AM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSWdev's Twitter pictures (m)
Search: