[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Battlefield 1942: Re-make of intro video of BF1942 in FHSW (new youtube video)
Battlefield 1942: Re-make of intro video of BF1942 in FHSW
bubuDate: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 7:02 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Hello everyone,

Gameplayer had this idea for really long time and we decided to go ahead :D.

We are planning to do a new video edit of battlefield 1942 intro, but we use FHSW assets & maps. Goal is to get more players to join the FHSW. Here is the thing: Battlefield 1942 will be 20 years old next year and we should celebrate that anniversary with this new video. Release is planned to be on 10th of May 2021 and yes we are early, but it takes time from people to notice the video and in time when it's famous it's already 2022.

Now to the point here. We need volunteers to join with us making this new video. You just need to join on the server and act with us in the video. We have already prepared the script:

Timeline:
- Now - End of February: finding the volunteers, finishing the plan
- March: Start the shooting on the FHSW Test server: 176.9.19.239:14569
- April: Eye would help us cutting down the taken videos. If there is any more editors then I believe Eye would use some help smile
- 10th of May 2021: Release!

The original intro video can be found here. As we are trying to recreate this video your suggestions are welcome but please stick to the main idea of recreating this intro happy

Updated as of 20.01.2021

Message edited by Gameplayer - Thursday, 2021-01-14, 7:04 PM

hakansprayDate: Thursday, 2021-01-14, 9:16 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
I'm up!

Some suggestions:
Clip 3: Remagen would be closer to the original if you want the city backdrop. Would need SSM though for the bombers.
Clip 12 "Katyusha": Wouldn't Spurning fate be appropriate as the clip is almost nighttime? Katyusha is on map already

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

GameplayerDate: Friday, 2021-01-15, 2:00 PM | Message # 3
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
Well clip: 3 Remagen is kinda too small for bombers and it wouldn't work because of it.
and clip: 12 ''katyusha'' might work in night map, but I am conserned about lighting in it, question is: can we see the katyusha in night map with clear image? If we don't zitadelle would be better choice.

And @bubu little change in plans biggrin clip 4: let's use instead of midway we could use monster des stahles as the map has many destroyers and cool cruiser in it.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

Message edited by Gameplayer - Friday, 2021-01-15, 4:54 PM

hakansprayDate: Friday, 2021-01-15, 5:04 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Awards: 0
I've made a quick conversion of Essen to FHSW on which I added some german helmets and a pz iv to north of the map. Though helmets could be added to any other map if wished. I've also added almost a dozen B17 if it would be fit for a scene.

aka Hawken (Ingame)
aka Rikskorp (Wiki)

Message edited by hakanspray - Friday, 2021-01-15, 5:13 PM

Stefan1990Date: Friday, 2021-01-15, 6:37 PM | Message # 5
General
Awards: 10
I am in too!  smile

How you want to film the under water submarine scenes? adding a submarine on wake night would bee the easy way i think

B-17 squadron bombing scene mayby on kikusuy day 2. just adding 10 B-17

GameplayerDate: Friday, 2021-01-15, 9:31 PM | Message # 6
Silver Donator
Quote hakanspray ()
've made a quick conversion of Essen to FHSW on which I added some german helmets and a pz iv to north of the map. Though helmets could be added to any other map if wished. I've also added almost a dozen B17 if it would be fit for a scene.
Hmm this is not yet published map in the community and in time when we start recording it's already too late to publish it and the people don not have time to get it by then.

Quote Stefan1990 ()
How you want to film the under water submarine scenes? adding a submarine on wake night would bee the easy way i thinkB-17 squadron bombing scene mayby on kikusuy day 2. just adding 10 B-17
It's easier to just use those submarine maps what I already added in script, because they have uboats.
And as I said it's just easier to not add any B17 to anywhere, because we have B29 which lot of WW2 games doesn't have and we can have a squadron of them in 2 maps: monster des stahles & air raid aler kure

Message edited by Gameplayer - Friday, 2021-01-15, 9:32 PM

Born-1942Date: Saturday, 2021-01-16, 1:43 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
I'm in if you need me, to help with the video.

I would love to participate and contribute together with you.  cool  COME ON!

Added (2021-01-16, 1:51 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I had an idea too, we will probably use a background sound, which would be the soundtrack of bf42, I've been thinking and if we use the soundtrack of bf5 it is very similar.

Since we are re-recording a scene, we can change the track too, for an identical one. I just don't know it would look cool. for the scenes we are going to record. but I believe so. specool 

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

starking018Date: Saturday, 2021-01-16, 2:52 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Awards: 22
I'm interested in helping, but I'll only be able to tell you whether I can participate for a given shooting session a few days in advance.
Quote bubu ()
Clip 9: Tank crushing helmet.Map: Prokohovka.
We can't make helmet to be crushed by tank so instead we just run tank past the camera very same way as original does.
1 player needed in panzer IV tank.
How about this instead:
Map: Rattrap.
Maus tank runs over some light (or not so light) tank or tankette and sends it flying and/or exploding lol Alternatively we could try it with the Ratte, but I don't think that it makes tanks fly like Maus does.
Quote bubu ()
Clip 11: LCVP boats sailing towards beach and stukas shooting them.
Map: Gela op husky.
Needing atleast 15 players to shoot this. (2 for stukas, 13 in boats?)
(Stukas wont sunk the boats!).
How about we show off the Ju 87 D-4 which is armed with Gießkanne machine gun pods? I can't think of a map which features it alongside LCVPs, so it would require a SSM for Gela. Alternatively, we could show off other high rate of fire aircraft, such as Ju-88 G-7 and He 219 "Uhu" on Bombing the Reich (has LCVPs).
Quote Stefan1990 ()
How you want to film the under water submarine scenes? adding a submarine on wake night would bee the easy way i think
This map already has a Japanese sub, so it would work for the last scene. It has only 1 destroyer, so it would need a SSM if we want to use it for scene 5. Maybe it's a good idea to follow Gameplayer's script for scene 5 (U-boots on Rheinuebung) and do the last scene on Wake Night, to show off the Japanese sub, and because it's dark (in the intro it's dark because of the water but we cannot exactly replicate that).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

waldhurzakDate: Sunday, 2021-01-17, 0:57 AM | Message # 9
Captain
Awards: 5
I'am in wink

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

FranktheEraserDate: Sunday, 2021-01-17, 7:20 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
Hi guys,

I would like to be part of it as well or ticket to Siberia!

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

GameplayerDate: Monday, 2021-01-18, 7:58 PM | Message # 11
Silver Donator
Quote bubu ()
Clip 1: Desert tank battle.Map: El alamein
Needing atleast 12 players to drive tanks.

Well I am little bit agreed to maybe, but ''JUST MAYBE'' to replace first scene with ratte tank battle to show that we have a giant tank.
As in this scene we could show british tanks approaching the german tank squadron and ratte would be in center of them.

and born-1942 I think we should not use Battlefield V music. We might upset EA if we would use their latest music in our video.
and my opinion is to use the greatest intro theme ever made which just is bf1942 intro.

Message edited by Gameplayer - Monday, 2021-01-18, 8:02 PM

twistedkebabfaceDate: Tuesday, 2021-01-19, 9:45 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
Awards: 8
Yeah, sure I'm joining smile

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2021-01-20, 9:25 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
Done smile thx

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2021-01-20, 3:40 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Awards: 22
You didn't like any of the alternative ideas for Clip 9: Tank crushing helmet? Elefant crushing nothing is just the most plain idea, and I'd prefer any of the ideas with something more or with something different. I would totally understand if you don't like showing the bug of tanks flying, but what's wrong with showing the Ratte making a tank explode? Or just running over a wreck. Or more ideas: a Jagdtiger with Gas turbine at speed running over a prone player and killing him, or over a dead body; or a ship, like a LST or a LCT running over a player or dead body in the water.
Quote Gameplayer ()
Clip 13 "part 1 + 2": Japanese planes attacking on allied vessels.Map: leyte gulf day 2 again or Battle of malay or kikusui day 2
needing 5 players to sail ships and and 2 player to fly japanese planes.
(posible to use kate planes. We do not have Aichi d3 val with torpedoes)

We could either use Betty bombers and ohkas in kikusui day 2, or using Nakajima B6N tenzans in leyte gulf day 2 or Betty bombers armed with torpedoes in battle of malay and in this we can show original prince of wales battleship in this case??
In the original there's actually 4 ships and at least 2 of them have AA gunners firing at the planes, so I'd say it's recommended to have 4 ship drivers + 2 AA gunners + 2 pilots = 8 total (it can work with fewer or more players too).
But I like the idea of Betty bombers and Ohkas on Kikusui day 2 more, and no ship drivers are needed there.
The rest of the script seems fine to me.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

GameplayerDate: Thursday, 2021-01-21, 7:28 AM | Message # 15
Silver Donator
@starking18

Ratte is already in our plan in the list and I think crushing something with it is not useful in the video. Our video is not funny moments in fhsw. Elefant is a better and easier to film when it comes to making this video.

GameplayerDate: Saturday, 2021-01-23, 11:42 AM | Message # 16
Silver Donator
OK. Bubu and I agreed to do clip 13 with betty's and ohkas  smile  that's a lot better option when thinking the ending of the video.

bubuDate: Saturday, 2021-01-23, 4:34 PM | Message # 17
Colonel
Quote Born-1942 ()
I had an idea too, we will probably use a background sound, which would be the soundtrack of bf42, I've been thinking and if we use the soundtrack of bf5 it is very similar.
Maybe but I am afraid it is not possible due to stupid licensing. I checked the first link and in description it says "Provided to YouTube by The Orchard Enterprises" so I am not sure if we can use that one. The second one seems more useable from authorities perspective (I hope). What we must ensure is that the entire video won't get censored by Youtube due to music copyright infrigement and then silenced or removed altogether smile But I think using the 2nd link should not be a problem. Gameplayer or Eye, ideas pls?

LampoDate: Saturday, 2021-01-23, 8:16 PM | Message # 18
Donator of 40€
i'm busy with a movie in hollywood cool , but i think i can have some time for this project. I can die during omaha beach battle.  smile

GameplayerDate: Sunday, 2021-01-24, 3:56 PM | Message # 19
Silver Donator
@bubu
I think we should just use BF1942 intro theme. So we would not get in trouble with EA if they want to get some credit if we would use BFV music.

BF1942 intro theme is just easy to get from any source and EA might not even care if we use it in our video.

Message edited by Gameplayer - Sunday, 2021-01-24, 3:56 PM

GameplayerDate: Monday, 2021-01-25, 7:40 PM | Message # 20
Silver Donator
Ok. Now we shall close this topic and planning is finished. Soon we can begin to record all the clips see you all then. thumbup

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Battlefield 1942: Re-make of intro video of BF1942 in FHSW (new youtube video)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: