[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » WE need (r) ([FHSW Europ] needs Ranking System)
WE need (r)
slobodanDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 3:24 AM | Message # 1
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
The idea of creating ranking system on our server was discussed many times. It is really needed for our growing community. Even Stefan said something on Chatbox about one month ago but the subject died...

SimoHayhaDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 5:06 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
i agree, something with weapon stats too!

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 1:11 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
What about the system Stefan talked about?! It has also a system that share score for repair action, flagg taking and so on. Perhaps he could any admin give the information and he can implement it instead of the existing system?!

I´m really looking forward to a score system that is alike the FH² one!!!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

mayerDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 1:51 PM | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Recruit
Awards: 15
Sometimes I have these grand visions for our FHSW community...
direct involvement in the development of FHSW, creation of maps with historical background which also cover forgotten theatres like the 2nd Sino-Japanese War or the Spanish Civil War, a tournament addon for FHSW with greater emphasis on realism and better playability on tactical ground.
A completely new webpage, not based on a free provider with its limited tools, programming a download software for easy installation of FHSW, custommaps, texturepacks, etc. and last but not least a FHSW ranking system.

The problem is that creating a ranking system is not as easy as it sounds, unlike BF2 which comes with a ranking system where Modteams can build on a working base, BF42 has no such thing. To get a BF42 ranking system nonetheless, we need to make it ourself, i.e. using server queries based on the gamespy-protocol for receiving the playerinformation from the FHSW server and programming the structuring of the information.
But to be honest, i''m totally inexperienced with such tasks bag
and we require a 24/7 server to host this system on
I also tried to contact the ppl behind bftracks.net for the inclusion of the FHSW mod but their webpage and email address are down

SimoHayhaDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 2:16 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
Quote mayer ()
, creation of maps with historical background which also cover forgotten theatres like the 2nd Sino-Japanese War or the Spanish Civil War, a tournament addon for FHSW with greater emphasis on realism and better playability on tactical ground.
It would be cool to see spanish civil war, Ive also thought that Korean war would be really easy to add, as alot of the equipment was ww2 era stuff(upgraded shermans, IS-3s, t-34s, etc,) it would be very similar to Alaska, but theyd need to add a few jets!

As for ranking, I think it is possible, I know we all hate them but PFC have got an interesting ranking system, maybe one of us(who isnt already banned) could infiltrate and find out who built it for them?

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Message edited by SimoHayha - Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 2:17 PM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 2:50 PM | Message # 6
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote SimoHayha ()
To get a BF42 ranking system nonetheless, we need to make it ourself, i.e. using server queries based on the gamespy-protocol for receiving the playerinformation from the FHSW server and programming the structuring of the information.
But to be honest, i''m totally inexperienced with such tasks bag

Everything has been done before. This tool is free and open-source and we only need to config it. For e.q., SiMPLE use it for their stats or, what is closer, former 14DSS FHSW server.

Quote SimoHayha ()
It would be cool to see spanish civil war

Actually, I saw that someone was making map at that FHSW Japanese forum.

mayerDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 3:51 PM | Message # 7
Admin
Group: Recruit
Awards: 15
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
Everything has been done before. This tool is free and open-source and we only need to config it.

How have I never heard of this fear

Quote SimoHayha ()
It would be cool to see spanish civil war, Ive also thought that Korean war would be really easy to add

Yup but we would also need the necessary radio voices

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 7:51 PM | Message # 8
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
we work at a ranking system... and on a faster server!
at the moment we have problems with an ols phpp version...
i hope we can start the ranking next weekend!

RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2014-05-22, 10:28 AM | Message # 9
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
So, bumping up this thread, what is the progress on ranking system?

DeathDate: Thursday, 2014-05-22, 8:24 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 13
Creating new mods or add-ons korean war, spanish civil war is very difficult, there was supposed to be a korean war mod like FH1 but the creaters gave up because it was so difficult. I would love to see these expansions but the reality is its very unlikely.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » WE need (r) ([FHSW Europ] needs Ranking System)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: