[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r)
bubuDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 9:10 PM | Message # 101
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Quote Lampo ()
I had the confirmation from Harry

What do you mean by confirmation Lanpi?

Since we have money in this and Harry Kassler is not reachable and practically gone missing, I propose to open a case with German Police to find Harry Kassler by all means. Shall we take this path?

mardukDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 9:50 PM | Message # 102
General
Awards: 45
@Bubu: Interesting idea but I think if he was dead Hetzner somehow would have been informed about that and things wouldnt go like they are atm. I think he just took off and doesnt care about our server anymore. I can remember somebody saw him online somewhere some months ago. Although I can't remember where, it was something like xfire I think.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Friday, 2018-11-02, 11:13 PM | Message # 103
Colonel
Yes, on steam. And yes, it would. But it is about passing him the message personally and telling him to pass the login details so we can move the things from where they are.
Please, understand me that this is absolutely the last step I would ever resolve to. We tried to contact him by numerous ways and I understand the concept of privacy. However, we need to pass him the message and make him communicate us the details. After we have them, he can continue to not care about us.
After fully judging the facts and going over this I am very inclined to try this approach?

Edit: Or at least before stepping on this way, I would contact them on their information line/email and explain the situation and see their advice. However, I am not sure whether it wouldn't be better to contact them in German language?

Message edited by bubu - Friday, 2018-11-02, 11:24 PM

starking018Date: Friday, 2018-11-02, 11:47 PM | Message # 104
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Quote bubu ()
Yes, on steam.

I want to be sure that we aren't inadvertently creating or spreading some false rumor here. What is his Steam ID? Who has Steam and who can try to contact him via Steam now? Who is the one who allegedly saw him online? Is the account still Wewak's, or did someone take over his account (I know that steam accounts are sometimes sold for the games that come with the account)?

I don't think anyone here saw him for sure online (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think that contacting police would be pointless and fruitless in this case, and I am against it in general.

I am ready to keep the server online if needed for the time being (months, maybe years). It's not a problem for me for now.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Saturday, 2018-11-03, 1:22 AM

mardukDate: Saturday, 2018-11-03, 8:35 AM | Message # 105
General
Quote starking: "I think that contacting police would be pointless and fruitless in this case."

I agree. It makes more sense to let the server die and rent a new one with paypal for donations etc. like lampo suggested here.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Saturday, 2018-11-03, 2:00 PM | Message # 106
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Quote bubu ()
What do you mean by confirmation Lanpi?
I meant, he confirmed my money on his bank account. 
Now I think that his bank account has been closed.

Born-1942Date: Saturday, 2018-11-03, 4:56 PM | Message # 107
Colonel
Awards: 16
I will disclose our temporary IP in the main communities I know. while being revolved. I also agree to create a paypal account and hire a new hosting.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

mardukDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 8:07 AM | Message # 108
General
@lampo: so u transferred the money to his bank account all the time until now?

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 1:11 PM | Message # 109
Donator of 40€
Quote marduk ()
@lampo: so u transferred the money to his bank account all the time until now?
yep, since 01/01/2017, last was on 28/10/2018  smile

mardukDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 1:58 PM | Message # 110
General
Now I am confused. Why would he transfer that money to Hetzner and ignore us all the motherfucking time??

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 2:21 PM | Message # 111
Donator of 40€
dunno, probably he has/had a monthly order of payment. And, yes... i tried to contact him by SEPA message.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 4:09 PM | Message # 112
General
"probably he has/had a monthly order of payment"

Yes, of coz. But why this way helping to keep the server running and ignoring us the same time?
And, in case he was dead, his bank account and the monthly orders would have been canceled earlier...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 4:43 PM | Message # 113
Donator of 40€
dunno, work, health, family, bored... or he paid in advance for some time and now the contract expired

(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2018-11-04, 9:39 PM | Message # 114
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
If this conversation is still pertaining to Wewak, perhaps I can shed some light on it. As I said several months ago, I mentioned that he has a steam account and that I occasionally see him on there. I tried contacting him via that to no avail. However, he still logs on quite frequently, I just never communicate with him or vice versa. Perhaps if he has died, he was possibly married and she now uses the computer that steam still automatically logs into when the computer turns on? Just a theory.

bubuDate: Monday, 2018-11-05, 8:18 AM | Message # 115
Colonel
Thanks Benjamin for insight... Oh my sad that is technically possible... If I remember well, wewak studied at polytechnical university in 2015-16. So if we assume he was old enough for marriage, this theory of yours is possible... Means I would like to have the BMI to make sure he is ok and alive and just ignores us lol

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-11-05, 10:21 AM | Message # 116
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
we're back in business baby the server is back online

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

starking018Date: Monday, 2018-11-05, 12:06 PM | Message # 117
Colonel
Awards: 22
Quote E-3 ()
we're back in business baby the server is back online

So it does look like a repeat of last year's situation and outcome:

Quote starking018 ()
Looks like we have the same situation 1 year and 1 month later, doesn't it? Maybe we should wait until the first or second workday after the 3rd, Monday the 5th or Tuesday the 6th and see if the server goes online again just after payment day like last time.

Maybe Wewak's account was empty and his bank wanted to charge some fees and took some of the money from Lampo's transfers, and this caused some of the server payments to fail or be delayed? This is not a good situation to live with.

I'll stop my server for now (I can start it again if or when needed).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

XenanabDate: Monday, 2018-11-05, 3:17 PM | Message # 118
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Sooner or later we have to find a longterm solution to this.

Maybe we should set some things up for a completely new server in the future WHILE our server is up and running. So the transition can happen much smoother.

LampoDate: Monday, 2018-11-05, 4:45 PM | Message # 119
Donator of 40€
Quote starking018 ()
Maybe Wewak's account was empty and his bank wanted to charge some fees and took some of the money from Lampo's transfers, and this caused some of the server payments to fail or be delayed? This is not a good situation to live with.

mmmmhhhh, strange because Wewi said me payment had to be done within the 3th of each month. I do it every 27/28th and the payment needs at maximum 24 hours. Thanks for hosting us yesterday  love

Message edited by Lampo - Monday, 2018-11-05, 4:46 PM

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-11-05, 9:44 PM | Message # 120
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
so at this point I'm pretty sure we were just behind in payment and I think Wewak has to be alive or he wouldn't be paying for the server would he ?
I think this year and last year we were screwed over by stupid bank transactions that took longer than they should have and if that's the case I suggest we pay the server a extra month in advance so this will never happen again.  do you guys agree with me  ?

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Monday, 2018-11-05, 9:45 PM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Search: