[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r)
mardukDate: Monday, 2017-09-25, 6:15 PM | Message # 21
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@Endless: Thank you!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Monday, 2017-09-25, 10:38 PM | Message # 22
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
@Bubu I can't be of much help when it comes to Linux.

It looks like RADIOSMERSH and Bubu are capable and willing to set up and maintain a Linux server, which can save some money.

I also looked at all the other server providers that were mentioned in the old threads and didn't find any better deals than Hetzner's for similar hardware and OS.

So, the rent for a very similar server from the same provider, with no Windows, is currently 33.00 €, if paid by a German or some other European VAT paying citizen. However, if you are from other countries, such as the US, apparently they don't charge you a tax, so the price is 27.73 €:

https://www.hetzner.com/sb?country=us

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

RADIOSMERSHDate: Tuesday, 2017-09-26, 9:38 PM | Message # 23
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote starking018 ()
So, the rent for a very similar server from the same provider, with no Windows, is currently 33.00 €, if paid by a German or some other European VAT paying citizen. However, if you are from other countries, such as the US, apparently they don't charge you a tax, so the price is 27.73 €:

As much I'd like I can't help much, as Russian government is currently planning to introduce VAT on purchaces in foreign online stores and seems like Hetzner decided to cover all the bases by increasing prices 18% since this January (so its 32.82 € now).

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Tuesday, 2017-09-26, 9:39 PM

bubuDate: Wednesday, 2017-09-27, 4:08 PM | Message # 24
Colonel
Awards: 31
Quote RADIOSMERSHYou can count on me too.

Quote Endless_NamelessDone.I'll try to add a Paypal link, too when there's a dedicated mail.Thanks to both of you Radio and Eye!

I will let you know Eye when once there is a dedicated mail and I suppose we should set this up as soon as possible.

Quote starking018 ()
...if you are from other countries, such as the US, apparently they don't charge you a tax, so the price is 27.73 €:

I could imagine it in this way, take this as rough on-the-go idea:
There would be one Gmail account shared across multiple people. This should be at least 2, and less than 4 people: 'whoever is responsible enough' and 'is up to do this'.
The Gmail account would be used to register on the PayPal site and create a shared budget for the community to pay the server.

But honestly, I have never used PayPal yet so I don't know whether there can be 2~4 people responsible for one PP account? Is anyone from US willing to do this?

Quote starking018 ()
@Bubu I can't be of much help when it comes to Linux.
Aye, no worries smile

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 3:38 PM | Message # 25
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Ehi people, what's the trouble with the server? I'm paying the renting since last january. Each 26th of each month. Is it offline? Please tell me all about that because if you need i nave all paying tracking for all request. Just checked, i started to pay the 02/02/2017, than each 26th of each month. €60 each time.

Message edited by Lampo - Thursday, 2017-09-28, 3:57 PM

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 4:21 PM | Message # 26
Donator of 40€
Oggetto Data

BancopostaOnline: Conferma presa in carico Bonifico SEPA
30 gen 2017
BancoPostaOnline: Conferma richiesta Bonifico SEPA effettuato
30 gen 2017
BancoPostaOnline: Conferma richiesta Bonifico SEPA effettuato 22 feb 2017
27 mar 2017
26 apr 2017
26 mag 2017
26 giu 2017
26 lug 2017
26 ago 2017
BancopostaOnline: Conferma presa in carico Bonifico SEPA
26 set 2017
BancoPostaOnline: Conferma richiesta.

That is a copy past of all confirmed operations. They send me when money has been sent. Originale message are on my private area. If youneed i can copy and past them, but i need a week because i' m out for job.

E-3Date: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 5:20 PM | Message # 27
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
hold on here lampo you are paying the server ? huh wacko

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 5:43 PM | Message # 28
Donator of 40€
Yes, since last january... I send money each month to Harry ( wewi ) and we never had any problem

bubuDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 6:17 PM | Message # 29
Colonel
Omg...

So is Wewi ok? Do you have any contact on him? Anything? He does not reply to any of our emails to neither of his 2 email addresses! More over no one knew you are paying him the money monthly. Are you sure you are not sending money to a 'dead account'?

The server has been 'dead' for what...week or more? I lost the track of time, sorry,  but there is certainly no Remote connection to it so I can't do anything and the only one who could restart it from Hetzner's web interface is Wewi, provided that he is alive, has login credentials and the Hetzner guys did not delete the server completely!

I ruled out the option that the server has not been deleted by first 48 hours since the moment it went offline.

https://db-ip.com/5.9.54.21
Server IP looks up for sale actually, according to that hostname :?

Message edited by bubu - Thursday, 2017-09-28, 7:01 PM

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 6:38 PM | Message # 30
Donator of 40€
Dunno anything about wewi, i send money to his bank. We never had problems. My only conctact with him was by our PM. I knew endless gave to wewi all access to the server, but i think wewi has changed all pw. If you change server i can continue to pay for it. I only need a new bank account.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 7:11 PM | Message # 31
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Hey Lampo!

Damn, many thx that u paid the server (alone wacko ?) for the last 9 month !!!!!
Come on let the volks, who want to carry a piece of that honor too, pay their few € wink

Suggesting Lampo for diamond Donator hooray

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 7:30 PM | Message # 32
Donator of 40€
Ehhh... No problem, we are a crew smile and we have fun together. Also endless did the same and stefan too, and all of us do his part for keeping our community on. The most important thing at the moment is that wewi is going well. Then, in 1 month, i hope, i'll be back... smile

starking018Date: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 8:07 PM | Message # 33
Colonel
Do I get this right?

Quote Lampo ()
BancoPostaOnline: Confirm Required SEPA Wire Transfer - 26 Aug 2017

BancopostaOnline: Confirms Taking Over SEPA Bonus - 26 Sep 2017

BancoPostaOnline: Confirmation Required.

The last time you transferred money to Wewak was 26 Aug 2017, and now you are being asked to confirm the next regular transfer (but you haven't done so already)? So, you've been sending him money regularly. So, the issue is not insufficient funding. So, it is Wewak and/or Hetzner's fault. Then I guess you should stop the transfers to Wewak from this month on and see if perhaps he notices and comes here to see what is going on.

Quote bubu ()
... register on the PayPal site and create a shared budget for the community to pay the server.

But honestly, I have never used PayPal yet so I don't know whether there can be 2~4 people responsible for one PP account?

I don't think this is possible directly with PayPal. Only with Bitcoin wink In dealing with PayPal/banks/etc. and with Hetzner itself we could register a legal entity, like a company or something, but it's probably not worth the time/effort/money.

So, it looks like now we are looking for someone, preferably from a non-EU/Russia country, to take Wewak's role and register a new account at Hetzner, order a server, and have other members set up regular donations towards paying the server, like Lampo has been doing. That person will obviously be responsible to pay the bills from the donations.

The good news is that perhaps we can reduce that 60Euro budget a lot by 1. going ahead with the idea of setting up a Linux server instead of a Windows one; 2. not paying VAT if from a non-EU/Russia country; 3. a couple more bucks savings thanks to current market (Hetzner auction) price for renting equivalent hardware.

Message edited by starking018 - Thursday, 2017-09-28, 8:08 PM

bubuDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 8:16 PM | Message # 34
Colonel
Also, Hetzner interface allows to invite someone into the server management (as E-3 pointed out), so having 1-2 backup people who would have access to the Hetzner.

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-09-28, 8:54 PM | Message # 35
Donator of 40€
Quote starking018 ()

The last time you transferred money to Wewak was 26 Aug 2017, and now you are being asked to confirm the next regular transfer (but you haven't done so already)? So, you've been sending him money regularly. So, the issue is not insufficient funding. So, it is Wewak and/or Hetzner's fault. Then I guess you should stop the transfers to Wewak from this month on and see if perhaps he notices and comes here to see what is going on.

Also the last operation has been confirmed. But, as i said, money is the last problem, i d like to know how is wewi sad
Then for the next rent i'm ready to continue.

mardukDate: Friday, 2017-09-29, 10:49 AM | Message # 36
General
Quote Lampo: "Then for the next rent i'm ready to continue."

I want to support with paying 10 €/month.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Sunday, 2017-10-01, 6:56 PM | Message # 37
Donator of 40€
Quack, me too. smile

LampoDate: Monday, 2017-10-02, 6:22 PM | Message # 38
Donator of 40€
News about wewi and server?

starking018Date: Monday, 2017-10-02, 8:36 PM | Message # 39
Colonel
No news. A long time has passed. Apparently, a new server will have to be set up.

It looks like there are enough donation commitments for a Linux server, with VAT included (10 €/month each from E-3, Marduk, Lampo, and a little more from Robert and/or BornDarkness would get it to 33€/month). I don't know why no one has stepped forward to order a server yet. It seems simple to me.

This week I'll have to stop the server for a few hours. I'll try to keep it online in the evenings, when there could be players on. But you have to understand that I can't keep this current server arrangement for very long. Please try to find a long term solution this week.

mardukDate: Monday, 2017-10-02, 9:01 PM | Message # 40
General
Quote starking: "I don't know why no one has stepped forward to order a server yet. It seems simple to me."

I am going to donate money. Somebody who doesnt pay should set it up -division of work.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Search: