[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Technical Support: » Software » BF1942 Server Widget (r) (How to install?)
BF1942 Server Widget (r)
Stefan1990Date: Monday, 2014-11-24, 9:05 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
Hello friends!

Any one knows how to install this nice little desktop widget?
It shows you who is onlyne on the server at the moment.
You also could join with on click.

this would be awesome if it works, but i dont kniow how to install and how this works.

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/details.php?wid=975

OPTIMUSDate: Monday, 2014-11-24, 9:27 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 5
It works fine for me on Mountain Lion OS X, so not for Windows ! But I don't know how to configure it!

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2014-11-25, 0:31 AM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
I would guess that the program takes the server information from Gamespy, since it's down it doesn't work anymore.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Korsakov829Date: Tuesday, 2014-11-25, 5:25 AM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Actually most of the code is there, I have read through all of it and there are no dependencies on GameSpy that I could spot, you just put in the IP somehow and then it parses the information.

Added (2014-11-25, 3:57 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Ah, .plist files.. unfortunately for the majority of us you need a MAC to run it. I'm bored right now though, I'll spend half an hour trying to get it to work since I have an idea as to how...

Added (2014-11-25, 4:25 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Managed to get it to work to a small extent on Windows 7. It seems to create .xml files, store the server data in those and then pull it out to display it, but again unfortunately you will in the end need a MAC for this to work properly, the temporary files it should be automatically creating them but they are just no where to be found. But as I initially said it does not need GameSpy, that just handles the in-game server listing and this requires an IP to be specified.

Not worth the time really, you're better off putting a direct link to Game Tracker on your desktop and checking back every moment.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2014-11-25, 6:00 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
OPTIMUS, I have a friend that plays BF1942 on a Mac and really wants to play FH and FHSW, but he cannot find where to download mac versions of these mods? Could you provide me with a link that would download them so I could pass this info along to him? Thanks!

OPTIMUSDate: Tuesday, 2014-11-25, 11:13 AM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 5
Benjamin,

I tried to install BF1942 on my mac but I gave up since they dropped support for it since OS X Lion and many mods don't have Mac versions. It's much easier to install Windows with bootcamp and play games like that, you get the benefit of better drivers and more FPS then.

Forum » Technical Support: » Software » BF1942 Server Widget (r) (How to install?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: