[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Sounds cut off/choppy sound effects (r)
Sounds cut off/choppy sound effects (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2012-06-12, 11:26 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hey,

anyone else noticed that the sound, especially of cannons and explosions, tends to cut off in bigger tank battles? The cannon sound can only be heard for like a millisecond before it cuts off. It seems to be a problem of FHSW in general because I heard it on different videos, here's an example: http://youtu.be/ZBesT8jnyY8?t=1m (from 1:00 to 1:30). Anyone knows what's the problem here?

--Edit--

Solution, or rather improvement: Open ..\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods\bf1942\Settings\Profiles\*\Sound.con (where * is your profile name) with notepad and change the value after game.setChannels to 1024. If it's too demanding for your PC try 128, 256 or 512 (the higher the better).

Comparison video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SKtYUcv-XQ

It's not completely gone, the sound still cuts off when there are too many sound effects at the same time, but it's definitely better.

Please post your results or ideas here.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2014-03-16, 4:31 PM | Message # 21
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
How many Profiles are in the folder and what are they called?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-03-16, 4:44 PM | Message # 22
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I open the folder settings and all I see are con files and the folder default which contains further con files for customization. But there is no folder "custom" nor any of my game profiles.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Sounds cut off/choppy sound effects (r)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: