[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Camera fix? (m)
Camera fix? (m)
-=Möwe=-Date: Sunday, 2015-07-19, 1:07 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 4
Hello guys,
I have a question about the outside view:
On some vehicles, the outside view is very far away. Is it possible to fix the view a bit closer? smile

Here are two screens:

Close enough:

Too far away:

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-07-19, 2:25 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Some vehicles like heavy tank destroyers have that far camera view. I think there is no official reason for that but I guess it has something to do with a kind of balance.
For example the fat ass T95. It has a really far third person view. That is an advantage, since you are able to look over hills and look around corners in town battle scenarios for example. In FHSW every stupid inf can take a strong AT weapon like a Panzerschreck and kill with one shot any heavy tank. Taking the T95 requires the responsibility to take care of it and use it wisely. To make that a simpler task this far camera view allows you to spot many ambushing tanks, infantries and other campers which could kill you one shot without any skill or real tactic. It could be to prevent lame gameplay. Same goes for tanks like the ISU series and the German Elefant.

I have always liked this far camera view on certain tanks. It makes the game less frustrating if you bring good armor to the combat.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-07-19, 2:34 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
I also thought it was for balance reasons but I found out it's a technical problem. I don't want to go into detail but basically it's caused by how switchable ammo is coded.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

KhaineDate: Tuesday, 2015-07-21, 8:08 PM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
They should get rid of the switchable ammunitions as long as they can't fix this bug. 
I don't understand why they are so eager to grant every SPG/tank hunters switchable ammo if it gives them this completly broken third cam. 
What the point of splitting shells for this vehicles anyway ? They are perfectly fine on FH0.7. 
Besides infantry has enough difficulty to take down a skilled tanker, why would you give the latter such advantage. 
It makes them virtually impossible to flank, it encourages them to camp, and pop up when an ennemy tank is approaching to kill it.

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2015-07-22, 2:09 PM | Message # 5
General
I agree that tanks are extremely strong against inf, especially German tanks are tough to take down because with the Bazooka you have to hit very specific spots to do any damage.

One fight night I would like to try out to play without external camera just to see how it would affect the gameplay.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

KhaineDate: Wednesday, 2015-07-22, 2:21 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
One fight night I would like to try out to play without external camera just to see how it would affect the gameplay.

I might be wrong but if I recall correctly, it would disable the nose cam, which means you cannot use tanks's aiming :/
And flying would be much harder, especially with planes whose aiming does not match the reticle.
But it's definitely worth a try smile

Message edited by Khaine - Wednesday, 2015-07-22, 2:22 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2015-07-22, 2:44 PM | Message # 7
General
Yea you're right. I thought nosecam would still work because it's a seperate option to turn on/off. But disabling external camera also disables nosecam (for tanks and planes) sadly.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

-=Möwe=-Date: Wednesday, 2015-08-05, 9:09 PM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 4
Thanks for your informations, it is very interesting that this has to do with the ammunition. smile
But as already said the wide external view has also their advantages. cool
It would be cool, if you can zoom in or out like you want (with the mousewheel), maybe someday it will be able?^_^

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Camera fix? (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: