[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » FHSW Grey Loading Screens (m)
FHSW Grey Loading Screens (m)
MrBeatnikSoulDate: Sunday, 2015-12-20, 3:45 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hey everyone. So, for both mods, several of the map loading screens are grey. I've downloaded and reinstalled FH and FHSW a number of times, and it just does not want to work. This is the same for online servers as well. I've tried different download sites, reinstalling BF1942, replacing the map.rfa and everything, yet it still does not want to work. Strangely, when I used my Battlefield CD to install FH and FHSW on my friend's computer, it had the same problem. 

Is there anyway to work around this?

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2015-12-20, 10:35 AM | Message # 2
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Did you install Fan Mappack 6?

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2015-12-20, 1:46 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Wait, does your game still load the maps?
I also have grey loading screens occasionally. But the map load still works.

starking018Date: Monday, 2015-12-21, 10:09 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Work around this? I just alt+tab every time anyway and do something else while waiting. The level is still loading as usual while in the background, except for a few extra seconds of waiting time in the end that you can't save yourself. So, alt+tab out, wait the usual time (1-3 minutes, depending on CPU speed), alt+tab back in, wait out the last few seconds, play.

By the way, I've noticed that for some particular maps, like Arctic Convoy, the last few seconds part takes much more seconds, and then I see a lot of players loading for ages, which makes me wonder if they all just keep alt+tabbing out, not realizing that they have to leave it on for the last few seconds of loading...

As for a solution, I think this (read instructions there) fixed a few of the loading screens. The rest can probably be fixed too. Perhaps the next version of FHSW will be released with all loading screens fixed.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » FHSW Grey Loading Screens (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: