[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Changing the game language on Win10 (m)
Changing the game language on Win10 (m)
XenanabDate: Friday, 2016-12-02, 10:11 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Hey, I have recently reinstalled BF1942 with the version which is available online for free.

So... I am really used to play the game in German, but the game is in English now. Is there any way to change the game's language? I googled the problem and the common result was to go to regedit and insert a new path which tells that the "LANGUAGE" has to be "German".

I'm running the game on Windows 10:

On Regedit I went to
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 and added:

LANGUAGE => German (REG_SZ)

and

LANGUAGEID => 7 (REG_DWORD)

But it just doesn't work. The game stays on English language.

Also it seems that I can't run Berlin-1945 with that client. Is there any download link for the fixed lexicon file? All links I found on this forum are expired..

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2016-12-02, 10:22 PM | Message # 2
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
Also it seems that I can't run Berlin-1945 with that client. Is there any download link for the fixed lexicon file? All links I found on this forum are expired..
Here is the one I extracted from eYe's installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104527564/lexiconall.dat

XenanabDate: Friday, 2016-12-02, 10:26 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Fantastic. Thank you very much Radio!

The problem with the language remains though :/

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2016-12-02, 11:12 PM | Message # 4
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
As for the language, this version might be based an Origin one, thus the registry path is different (just a wd guess).

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2016-12-03, 0:45 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Yes, I discovered already the correct location of the game on regedit. I already changed my key to the old one in order to use BFSM; so that's a proof that I found the right thing.

But it doesn't seem to work... Or I just have to search more intensively in that pile of data.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Changing the game language on Win10 (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: