[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Couple maps won't load (m) (Trouble with only a select few maps)
Couple maps won't load (m)
CanukAttakDate: Thursday, 2018-11-15, 9:47 AM | Message # 1
Captain
Group: Friends
Awards: 9
So I have been having issues with about 3 or 4 maps, that the maps load but at the last second either disconnect me to the home screen. Or completely shuts down battlefield and brings me to my desktop home screen. I know that Tarawa, Berlin outskirts, bombing the reich, and maybe one more. I don't know what to do I've even re downloaded the whole game and I ain't doing that again cause it takes so long, is there away I can just get those select few maps?

starking018Date: Thursday, 2018-11-15, 3:34 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Check here: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/21-927-1

If the problem is persistent, and happens even when you load the map along with everyone else at the beginning of the round there's probably a known solution/workaround:

Make sure you have updated to FHSW v0.61 (incremental patch) if you previously had FHSW v0.6 (major version) installed (it says the same in the Readme). You can't do things like directly installing the v0.61 patch (FHSW061Client.rar) over v0.552 or similar.

You may have this or a similar crash-to-desktop issue related to custom FH maps or S&T packs: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/2-821-1#12683 Maybe you remember what FH and FHSW maps or S&T packs you installed since the last time you were able to play these maps successfully, without a CtD?

It sounds like you may have encountered the first issue on some maps, and also have a another issue affecting other maps. Whatever the issue is, it is unlikely that the fix is just downloading a few select maps (unless the issue is that you personally somehow screwed those exact map files).

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Support & Help: » Couple maps won't load (m) (Trouble with only a select few maps)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: