[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Capping flags with planes
Capping flags with planes
MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Sunday, 2020-09-20, 0:40 AM | Message # 1
Captain
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 5
Just played reuniuneineuninebung and SOMEBODY kept doing this, I think if you land with seaplane fair enough but an airbourne plane doing it is lame.

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-09-20, 5:14 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9
it's a lame tactic yes but it's not really against the rules on the sea map is it ?
They should be pretty easy pickings for a plane if they are flying around and around so just deal with it man and kill them smile

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2020-09-20, 5:14 AM

waldhurzakDate: Monday, 2020-09-21, 3:46 AM | Message # 3
Captain
Group: Trusted
plase make capping flag by swordfish forbidden on Rheinbungen

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

mardukDate: Monday, 2020-09-21, 9:07 AM | Message # 4
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Quote rafal: "plase make capping flag by swordfish forbidden on Rheinbungen"

No - fuck that stupid over-regulation!
Stop asking for new rules all the motherfucking time!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

trayvon_zimmermanDate: Tuesday, 2020-09-22, 0:26 AM | Message # 5
Private
Awards: 0
I may be biased because I usually get assigned to the british team in this map but I don't really see this as an issue. It seems like every german vessel on Rheinebung has adequate AA capabilities so if the german team bothers to defend the flags they can make short work of any Swordfish that they encounter. Sometimes in FHSW you have to sacrifice what YOU want to do in favor of what will make your team win and if your team isn't utilizing all the resources at your disposal then your opponent is just going to exploit your weakness. So instead of driving the bismarck so you can pwn all the british ships your team might be better off if you use a schnellboot to defend flags from Swordfish until they change tactics.

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2020-09-22, 1:57 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9
Quote trayvon_zimmerman ()
I may be biased because I usually get assigned to the british team in this map but I don't really see this as an issue. It seems like every german vessel on Rheinebung has adequate AA capabilities so if the german team bothers to defend the flags they can make short work of any Swordfish that they encounter. Sometimes in FHSW you have to sacrifice what YOU want to do in favor of what will make your team win and if your team isn't utilizing all the resources at your disposal then your opponent is just going to exploit your weakness. So instead of driving the bismarck so you can pwn all the british ships your team might be better off if you use a schnellboot to defend flags from Swordfish until they change tactics.

now that is the spirit deal with it and kill them
Quote marduk ()
No - fuck that stupid over-regulation!Stop asking for new rules all the motherfucking time!

I agree with marduk statement you shouldn't have too many rules and regulations.
So rafal and majormasterbates  lets clip their wings and that is an actual quote from a certain unit on CNC generals ^^

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Tuesday, 2020-09-22, 11:35 PM | Message # 7
Captain
No need to blow up at rafal I started this thread.

You say german ships have good enough AA, issue with that is u-boats/e-boats are slow as hell and both these are on the other side of the map and have to get past 3 british ships which can kill both in 1 shot.  That leaves the 2 german big ships closest to the carrier to stop the endless stream of swordfish (and other things) from capping 2 flags of which they don't tend to last too long once they're in the middle and then face british bbs and then they take ages to respawn and once they're out of the picture the germans have nothing to contest those 2 flags with.

Alright it isn't against the rules so much as its just lame but you see this happen time and again (especially with low playercount and by a certain person)
I would redo the map and maybe make it narrower make the cap radius smaller and have the bbs facing each other.

btw rafal afk

trayvon_zimmermanDate: Wednesday, 2020-09-23, 7:42 AM | Message # 8
Private
Awards: 0
I don't know for certain but I'd say the e-boats are still the fastest ships on the map and they also have maneuverability in their favor so if you get spotted by a battleship then you can just turn evasively to avoid gunfire and if you come across a Swordfish they die in like 4 hits from the 2cm cannons.  As for capping flags I think the british ships are much more vulnerable in this regard because having to slow down or stop makes them easy targets for the aforementioned torpedo vessels. Also, what are british supposed to do once they lose their two battleships? I agree that this tactic is probably frustrating when there's low player count but I think overall there's a fair trade off between the vehicles each team has so long as they show some determination in how they use them.

starking018Date: Friday, 2020-09-25, 2:21 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
If there's a low player numbers and a certain player who you know is going to do this then try and elect to play a different map.

Axis have good enough options: the axis seaplane is better; the boats are the fastest on sea, and the sub, when surfaced, is also relatively fast (faster than in old versions).

But since these are not always enough, there's this:
Quote MAJORMASTERBATES ()
make the cap radius smaller
This is the right approach, rather than asking for new rules. I'm not sure if this can be done as a SSM without causing a bug though (with the icon showing incorrectly whether you're in the flag radius). The radius would ideally be reduced just enough to prevent capping in air, but not making it hard for ships. Bringing some vessels closer to flags would also be okay IMO.
Now the burden is on the people who care about this (MAJORMASTERBATES, rafal_pl, or whoever else) to implement the SSM and submit it, or get someone to do it wink

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Saturday, 2020-09-26, 3:19 PM | Message # 10
Captain
Don't know how to do SSM and anyway there doesn't look to be any interest in this issue just gets fking annoying making the effort using surface ships to properly cap to see some window licker using this lame tactic.

Funny that this doesn't happen on midway as much as on rheinuineneineeinebung btw.

bubuDate: Saturday, 2020-09-26, 3:54 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Posted in SSM thread

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Capping flags with planes
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: