[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Admins dont enforce Rules (r)
Admins dont enforce Rules (r)
rbsekacDate: Saturday, 2017-02-11, 8:46 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 2
After playing here for 6 months or so, I see that admins not only refuse to enforce rules by kicking or time banning, but some of them break the rules themselves. Specifically Marduk does; he started today off by killing me in main base after I spawned on Pegasus and then put me down for complaining. This has happened numerous times and his response is always the same; put down the player who complains.

Well, the Rule #1 states: 1. Dont attack or enter uncapturable mainbases! Only planes are excepted from this rule. Temporary pushmap-uncaps are considered as uncapturable mainbases.
Exception: You are allowed to attack the British mainbases on "Operation Rattrap" as long as the Ratte is in visible distance!

Either the rules need to be enforced or eliminate the rules that are not being enforced from the server rule list. Or do nothing but please let us players know that it is a No Rules Server!

DCX Apache

DCX Apache

sonikglightDate: Saturday, 2017-02-11, 8:53 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
I apologize for this,

This is the one weakness we do have in this area.

I was little slow responding because all of my stuff is messed up.

In the future i'll try to encourage the admins to enforce the rules, beside playing the game like it's their last days of there life.

We will strive to make this community better!

We want everyone to have a chance to enter and exit out of them main bases without being care constantly.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Saturday, 2017-02-11, 8:57 PM

mardukDate: Saturday, 2017-02-11, 9:53 PM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
@Apache: it is the easiest thing in the world to join the server every day and bitch around about everything, like you do: "wrong" maps, unfair players, admins who do not enforce rules, blablabla...

By the way: five minutes ago you teamkilled me on Arnhem and did not say sorry. Interesting behaviour for somebody who is complaining about others every day, and about me...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

kukimuki1234Date: Saturday, 2017-02-11, 10:12 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
There is no rules in war,so dont shit

sonikglightDate: Saturday, 2017-02-11, 10:19 PM | Message # 5
Private
we still strive for Greater Community

LampoDate: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 1:52 AM | Message # 6
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
uhm, on that map I killed someone on the 2nd flag before taking the first, but things happen, Mardi is a great player and old mate, Apachi is also a Great player and mate too. I'm sure noone breack the rules on purpose. Don't waste time for this stuff we have only to play for having fun. The most important thing is the fair play, say sry for tk, np after this and explain some strange tk. For instance when t killing for crossing fire, fault is of who's crossing and not caused by who's shooting. Then drink more beer and eat spaghetti, that's life biggrin burp... ops, sorry

wink

starking018Date: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 6:13 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
This is one thing which, in principle, I'd like to see moved from the category of rules into a category of merely fairplay recommendations. That is, don't apply admin actions - no kill, kick or ban, maybe just remind players, in case they don't realize what they are doing, and inform new players that this is not considered nice and nothing good comes out of it. Players can learn the many reasons not to do it: it is boring; doesn't actually help the player or their team as much as other activities do (e.g. killing the enemies who are actually a present threat); the life expectancy of a player who starts doing this goes down dramatically the moment they expose themselves to an enemy who keeps respawning and can't lose that spawn point (it usually ends with the base attacker being overwhelmed and killed); it provokes a reciprocal reaction unbounded by the fairplay guidelines which are being broken - the player who breaks fairplay first will have to deal with many players reacting in a very un-nice, possibly coordinated and targeted fashion; etc.

And this last one is important - if a certain player starts engaging in some nasty behavior and doesn't correct it, it is fair to respond to that particular player with commensurate actions, as long as you don't mistreat others in the process. And this requires a hefty dose of common sense. For example, an intentional teamkill is not commensurate or even comparable to killing an enemy in main base. Neither is a kick, in my opinion. Those actions also often hurt the whole team.

And more common sense: if an enemy is shooting at you, your first reaction should be to try to kill them first, if at all possible. This should take priority over considering whether that enemy is in main base or not, in my mind. So, there are cases of shooting in uncapturable flags which I wouldn't even consider unfair or mean.

I know that if there were more attacks and invasions of uncapturable bases it would be a problem on many maps. But first look at the maps where it would not be, and the reasons why: on some maps all flags are capturable; most uncapturable main bases already have a death cage around them which prevents entry; team-locked vehicles; significant distances to flags make main camping harder (because of the time to get there); distances again (when greater than the view distance), cover and flanks make escape and counterattacks easier. So there are technical and map design solutions that work, and some of them could be applied to more of the maps through mods. Helping do this work, even by just giving a suggestion, would be more valuable than advocating an escalation of what I would consider a matter of impoliteness (base attacking) into restrictions by authority (kicks and bans). For some maps - we may have to live with the fact that they are not very good in that respect.

Bottom line is: not all that is written in the rules should be considered the same category. A lot of common sense needs to be applied. I'm for removing points 1, 3, 11 and 12 from the rules, but keeping them written somewhere as fairplay recommendations - those are things which no players should have to obey at all costs only out of fear of being kicked, but try to observe anyway when they make sense, in order to get along with the players of the community and have fun.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 10:18 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
My sincere opinion on this subject, I think everyone should respect and for this you sould have an accurate thought or a thought high I think kicking players for silly acts would be very common in other comunities, but ours have great players and admins, then we can sort this out more clearly.

(This i am sure.)  smile

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Sunday, 2017-02-12, 3:27 PM

kukimuki1234Date: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 11:04 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
Why we couldnt act like James bond and stealthly get in enemy base?

Added (2017-02-12, 10:04 AM)
---------------------------------------------
@sonikglight It is boring without some action in main base. biggrin 

rbsekacDate: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 12:41 PM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Stay focused on the complaint and your own behavior in regards to the complaint. BTW, I did apologize for that tk Marduk and I am not one who complains about map selection, only the quality of some of them.

Players break the rule on attacking mainbases and uncap flags all the time and will continue to do so. Admins doing it only gives them more reason to do it, esp. since they know there is no penalty. This diminishes the quality of play. I know for a fact that this is one of the reasons why other gaming communities have declined.

Reflect on this, if the shoe fits, wear it and adjust your gameplay accordingly.

We're finished here.

DCX Apache

DCX Apache

kukimuki1234Date: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 2:23 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant
If you dont like the admins then dont come to this server

sonikglightDate: Sunday, 2017-02-12, 2:28 PM | Message # 12
Private
Quote rbsekac ()
Stay focused on the complaint and your own behavior in regards to the complaint. BTW, I did apologize for that tk Marduk and I am not one who complains about map selection, only the quality of some of them.Players break the rule on attacking mainbases and uncap flags all the time and will continue to do so. Admins doing it only gives them more reason to do it, esp. since they know there is no penalty. This diminishes the quality of play. I know for a fact that this is one of the reasons why other gaming communities have declined.

Reflect on this, if the shoe fits, wear it and adjust your gameplay accordingly.

We're finished here.

DCX Apache
I agree with you DCX Apache
As far as Marduk he was just having a bad day believe me, as we all have bad days.

I have bad days too Winbean.

Message edited by sonikglight - Sunday, 2017-02-12, 2:31 PM

lrachowardDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 6:43 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant
Awards: 1
When i am on duty you can be sure i will enforce the rules.

aka Mutantz

rbsekacDate: Sunday, 2017-05-28, 8:14 PM | Message # 14
Sergeant
Rules are to ensure fair play in a game. No rules, no fair play, just rape rape rape. Some players want this. I won't play maps where attacking uncaps or areas around uncaps is deemed acceptable by AOD - admin on duty.

Also, once you allow shooting into mainbases and uncap flags for any reason, you will not be able to control it. Been there done that.

Regards,

DCX Apache

Message edited by rbsekac - Sunday, 2017-05-28, 9:26 PM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-06-04, 9:14 PM | Message # 15
General
Here you got your rule enforcement Apache: One month ban for calling me a motherfucker.
(By the way I was not camping at that flag 1 on Manchuria, I was just used to the former version of it, were Axis could recap flags 1)

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

rbsekacDate: Sunday, 2017-06-04, 9:20 PM | Message # 16
Sergeant
You attacked it and you were warned earlier by Torquemada. You also yelled at Slobodan earlier on Caen about attacking main base.

hypocrite  

(1) A person who engages in the same behaviors he condemns others for.

(2) A person who professes certain ideals, but fails to live up to them.

(3) A person who holds other people to higher standards than he holds himself.

Take a good look at yourself in the mirror dude.

DCX Apache

mardukDate: Sunday, 2017-06-04, 9:27 PM | Message # 17
General
I was "warned" by Torquemada? Is he an admin now?!

Slobodan and me are mates for ages, when I yell at him it is a joke and everybody knows it.

You are just talking so much nonsense. Do you even realize that?! You came to this community as a former PFC-admin and we welcomed you as any other player. But you make so much trouble and now you are accusing me! It is incredible.

"Take a good look at yourself in the mirror dude." Who are you to talk to me like that?

And by the way, I am not a hypocrite. Look at my signature - I stick to my own rules.

Permban. Case closed.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Admins dont enforce Rules (r)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: