[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Some issues on Rheinuebung (m)
Some issues on Rheinuebung (m)
Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 2:37 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I think it was at Wednesday or Thursday on Rheinuebung, I was on the Hood and get heavily shelled from the Bismark which I couldn´t see. Radiosmersh was on Bismark and we both in TS with SE-3 and he told me he can see me. I started to go really angry because my sense so far was that range of sight is the same for everone on the server. In addition I used some bad words like anti fog hax. So far I didn´t realise that Radio was on the Bismark guns or the only one on Bismark.
At last I could not understand how that was possible. I play this game for 13 years now and didn´t experienced something similar yet. Most time I play on axis side, most people know that and I think I will never take a big british ship again now. So I try to handle it like Radiosmersh suggested: like a big unsolved secret of FHSW engine.
So if anyone, especially Radiosmersh, feels offended: my apologys

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

bubuDate: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 10:42 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Hmmm interesting :O maybe devs did something to view range when a player is in Bismarck guns to resemble the sinking of Hood from long range. I remember reading/seeing a document Hood was not able to repeat fire because it couldn't see theor target... :S

Alternatively, I remember MrJ or Pumi (dont quote me on that) saying it is possible to implement zoom in on tank sights, so maybe devs did exactly that. :S

PumiasekDate: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 11:55 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 3
It was Mr.J smile

E-3Date: Saturday, 2018-01-06, 6:41 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
lets test it robert see at what point bismark can see the hood

and with work i make seaman  of you  pirate

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2018-01-07, 12:41 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
You want to make seaman of me ?!?!!

yes maybe we can try this out anytime in the night.

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

starking018Date: Thursday, 2018-01-11, 1:53 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Hood and Bismarck are both quite long and the point where the captain is (the bridge) is at a significant distance from the far end of the ship. Especially on a foggy map like that, and depending on the position and attitude of one ship relative to the other, one may be able to see the other and not vice versa. If you go to another, closer position within the ship you may get the other ship within viewing distance.

There was also a very rare bug, I think I've seen it many years ago in vanilla BF1942 and maybe in mods, where your own ship and the other ships just disappear from your view. You could recognize that the bug has occurred when your own ship's cannons and the other parts that are normally always in view suddenly disappear. I don't know what caused that bug.

It may be possible that Bismarck somehow got entirely submerged but still alive, but if that happened and he shot at you underwater he should have confessed.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Thursday, 2018-01-11, 1:53 AM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Complaint Area » Some issues on Rheinuebung (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: