[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » WWII History Area » Duck's U.S. Tank/Tank Destroyer Failures Website Project
Duck's U.S. Tank/Tank Destroyer Failures Website Project
navyduck10Date: Tuesday, 2021-08-31, 7:12 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 3
Hi guys, I had to make a small project for an assignment in one of my last history classes as I finish up my bachelors degree in history.  It is pretty informative of the reality of WWII for America in that the United States actually had every capability of fielding much better armored vehicles but chose not to due to arrogance, ignorance, and sheer stupidity on the part of US commanders, especially General Lesley J. McNair.  Anyway, before the site gets taken down I thought you guys might be interested in it.

For example, my research of primary documents has shown that the M26 Pershing Heavy tank could have been fielded as early as mid-1944, even in time for Normandy invasion.  

The fact that the Germans weren't able to produce many heavy tanks is not a good excuse to send American tankers into combat with pieces of shit that they couldn't fight their adversaries in.

Here is the website

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2021-09-01, 6:16 PM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Looks like that dickhead McNair got what he deserved in the end.

One thing I am still wondering about is that the Panzer IV is always called the main battletank troughout the whole war due to its production numbers of about 8.000 while "only" about 6.000 Panther were built. But when I take into account that the Panther production first started in Mid-1943 and that until this time a lot of the 8.000 Panzer IVs have been destroyed already I would guess that they were available in roughly the same numbers. So I wonder why nobody writes that they were both main battletanks (from 1943 to 1945). Any answers to that?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » WWII History Area » Duck's U.S. Tank/Tank Destroyer Failures Website Project
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: