[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » WWII History Area » Me262 armament discussion (r) (http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/24)
Me262 armament discussion (r)
Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-25, 12:41 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote (Manns)
Hi Robert

Why are you so unhappy with the Pulk on Bombing the reich ?

Now its at least balanced, I mean: If you are in the real Me262 allies got no chance, thats a compliment wink

Hi Manns! Well, I´m not really "unhappy" but at last disapointed from the coding of the 5cm gun. I tryed it out a few weeks ago and I was hunting a british bomber and hit it 5 times and at last Schulze gave him the rest with 128mm Flak.
In the past i read somewhere that only one 30mm shell from a MK108 creates a hole from 1m² in the body of a bomber. I don´t know if that is true, but if ... what would happen if a 50 mm shell from the Pulkzerztörer hit a wing or the superstrukture from a bomber?!

Thanks for the compliment but there has only to be one gunner in the bomber and the tide could turn very fast sad . And don´t forget that with our small amount of players if I sit in the 262 my main oponent will be the Spit MK22 and that is a very hard nugget! If that one sticks at ur ass and u try to aim at a bomber u won´t make ist long wink

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-25, 9:51 PM | Message # 2
Accessory Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 22
Quote (Robert_von_Eberhahn)
Well if it is possible anyway please take it from FH and put it on bombing the reich

Not possible afaik sad

Hi Manns! Well, I´m not really "unhappy" but at last disapointed from the coding of the 5cm gun. I tryed it out a few weeks ago and I was hunting a british bomber and hit it 5 times and at last Schulze gave him the rest with 128mm Flak.
In the past i read somewhere that only one 30mm shell from a MK108 creates a hole from 1m² in the body of a bomber. I don´t know if that is true, but if ... what would happen if a 50 mm shell from the Pulkzerztörer hit a wing or the superstrukture from a bomber?!

I'm not expert however sources keep saying that Pulk's 50mm MK214 cannon used Panzergranate 39, a pure Armor Piercing rounds from PaK 38, while 30mm MK108 shoots with High Explosive Incendiary. First type uses kinetic energy to penetrate tanks armour so I belive it may easly go through very thin airplane's plating without doing serious wounds. Second one penetrates and explodes doing serious damage.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2012-07-26, 7:28 PM | Message # 3
General
Awards: 38
I tried it on testfield and that gun really feels underpowered, it's a lot worse than the standard 30 mm guns. I can't imagine that the 50 mm MK 214 was that bad in reallife, after all it was designed as an "anti bomber weapon" to replace the 30 mm MK and showed good results in tests.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2012-07-27, 10:40 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant General
@ MR_J Unfortunatly I didn´t found anything about the amunitiontypes used in that gun, but I would be surprised if they use AP shells wacko . For myself it seems logical that they use HE shells; you just wrote that a plane didn´t have any real armour so the HE round will go through everything. Bad coding at last sad

MannsDate: Friday, 2012-07-27, 11:48 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Blocked
Awards: 11
I read that 0,5 they increase the max speed of all mgs and canonns, this will mike the mk214 as powerful as it was used to be, I hope

at il2 sturmovik a me262a1u4 destroys wtih 50mm gun every bomber with one shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNaaJxfeRr8&feature=related

at this video the b29s get killed very quick

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2012-07-27, 5:48 PM | Message # 6
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
@ MR_J Unfortunatly I didn´t found anything about the amunitiontypes used in that gun, but I would be surprised if they use AP shells wacko . For myself it seems logical that they use HE shells;

Check this, very fascinating thread by the way:
http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum....t271669

anyways I'm noob if we talk about german (and many others) planes, I just say what I've read on the Internet so punch me if I talk rubish things :P

Main projectile:

5cm Panzergranate 39:
Well known armor piercing capped, high explosive tracer ammo, projectile weight 2,06 kg, muzzle speed 823 m/s.
Penetration: 58 mm of rolled armor at 500 meters

All-in-one cool It would be ehm.. AP-HE-T? So both of us are right imo

Rest of available projectiles types are:

5 cm Panzergranate 40:
Armor piercing composite rigid, aluminium envelope. projectile weight 0,95 kg, Muzzle speed 1140 m/s. Penetration 73mmm armor at 500 m.

5 cm Sprenggranate L-spur.
Explosive fragmentation round, projectile weight 1,96 kg, explosive filling 550 m/s. Muzzle speed 550 m/s.

5cm minengesschos L-spur m-zerleger.

5cm Minen cutaway.

Unfortunately still I don't know what was typical order of rounds in ammunition belt. Pzgr.39 - SprnGr - Pzgr.39 - (...)? etc. Or the ammunition load depended on possible targets?

Also this is interesting, if thats true:
The Mauser 50mm in the Me 262 never fired in anger. A sole Me 262 fitted with the unit (I have covered this elsewhere on this board) was flown only by JV 44 under Nachtjagd ace Willi Herget. Both missions in the spring of 45 against B-26 twin engines was failed to be executed as the Mauser cannon jammed............

MannsDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 11:55 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
THREAD CLOSED wink
WE WON'T NEED SSM FOR SOME MONTHS biggrin

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

MannsDate: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 11:22 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
At 0,5 Bombing the reich are 3 !!!!! me 262s !!!

mk214
extra speed rocket
radar

honor and duty

Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 11:34 AM | Message # 9
General
Awards: 10
i think thats tooooo mutch me 262 surprised

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 11:39 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant General
Quote (Stefan1990)
i think thats tooooo mutch me 262 surprised

Oh no its quite right biggrin

MannsDate: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 12:16 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
and very interesting, they added to the ju88 nightfighter

the mg213, thats a 20mm mg151 just it shoot 5times faster
its unbelieveable how fast its firing !!!!!!

go229 also on botr

honor and duty

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 10:26 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant General
Quote (Mr_J)
The Mauser 50mm in the Me 262 never fired in anger. A sole Me 262 fitted with the unit (I have covered this elsewhere on this board) was flown only by JV 44 under Nachtjagd ace Willi Herget. Both missions in the spring of 45 against B-26 twin engines was failed to be executed as the Mauser cannon jammed............

I read the same. Sad but better for the allies that the gun jammed. But so we never know how effektive Pulkzerstörer would be in reallife.

I don´t think that there is a cause to put different ammunition types in the shell storage. I think they use mainly the first type you listed there and the other I listed following.

- 5 cm Sprenggranate L-spur. Explosive fragmentation round, projectile weight 1,96 kg, explosive filling 550 m/s. Muzzle speed 550 m/s.

- 5cm minengesschos L-spur m-zerleger.

Nice3 Forum by the way!

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Sunday, 2012-07-29, 10:36 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » WWII History Area » Me262 armament discussion (r) (http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/24)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: