[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Announcements » COVID-19 Work From Home? Quarantined? (Able to Work From Home? Time to revive Monday-Thursday Play!)
COVID-19 Work From Home? Quarantined?
djmeltdown65Date: Tuesday, 2020-03-17, 4:16 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
I like many are now working from home. Others are stuck at home quarantined...

What does this mean? If you are bored and have down time, you should hop on the server and find solidarity with your fellow FHSW players!

Stay safe/healthy out there everyone!

E-3Date: Tuesday, 2020-03-17, 8:33 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Today I share something with you guys all my life I had asthma my childhood years it was very difficult but as I grew up it became less and less noticeable. Then it slowly returned again when I was at the end of my twenties I now get asthma attacks every seasonal change it's been all but a nuisance a little reminder that I wasn't as healthy as the average person but now it has hit me. I have to be careful I cannot take my health for granted. I seen a young 16-year old healthy boy end up in hospital in my country his immune system must be twice as good as mine. I'm seriously wondering if I even should continue to work if I wil become a statistic.  I join up on the server whenever I can at least there's something joyful and to forget the everyday misery we see on the television and internet news now.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Tuesday, 2020-03-17, 11:41 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-03-18, 10:28 AM | Message # 3
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Desktop with an overview about the spread of the virus and regularly updated numbers:
https://u.to/oWm7Fw

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-03-18, 12:11 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
Lately I see more players looking to play during weekdays Monday-Thursday and also a few during earlier hours, or later hours - outside of our typical most populated Friday-Sunday evenings (in European time). If more of you take the initiative (join the server and stay some time or ask in the chatbox or Discord for other interested players) or watch the server status (Gametracker widget on http://www.fhsw-europe.com/ or HLSW or the Discord bot or the game's server browser) you may find that there are more players wanting to play than you thought, and play a FHSW round that is more fun than you thought it would be (it's not all about the numbers).

E-3, I hope you can find an opportunity for work that can be done from home and stay safe that way. For example, we've all seen reports of some retailers essentially failing to quickly adjust some prices high enough in response to higher demand, causing them to run out of stock. People and businesses who stock up and sell at higher prices actually help society by ensuring that some supply remains at some price, whereas there would be none of the product available at any price without them. Maybe you could sell weed or disinfectant or toilet paper (lol) or whatever online. Governments often try to impose restrictions or things like price controls, which invariably make things worse by actually inducing shortages at retailers abiding by them. This creates more and greater profit opportunities for those who are not abiding by such harmful legislation.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Wednesday, 2020-03-18, 11:35 PM | Message # 5
Captain
Awards: 5

E-3Date: Thursday, 2020-03-19, 7:32 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote starking018 ()
E-3, I hope you can find an opportunity for work that can be done from home and stay safe that way. For example, we've all seen reports of some retailers essentially failing to quickly adjust some prices high enough in response to higher demand, causing them to run out of stock. People and businesses who stock up and sell at higher prices actually help society by ensuring that some supply remains at some price, whereas there would be none of the product available at any price without them. Maybe you could sell weed or disinfectant or toilet paper (lol) or whatever online. Governments often try to impose restrictions or things like price controls, which invariably make things worse by actually inducing shortages at retailers abiding by them. This creates more and greater profit opportunities for those who are not abiding by such harmful legislation.
wtf lol I'm no drug dealer bro. I am one of the fools who didn't buy disinfectant or toilet paper, before the world has gone crazy. So yeah I'm currently happy to get a weeks supply of toilet paper as for the disinfectant that's currently unavailable anywhere.
I can say I am changing jobs currently to a job where I'm less exposed to people, until this whole thing blows over and we finally can have a normal life again and I don't know about you guys but for me that cannot start soon enough.

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2020-03-19, 3:23 PM

starking018Date: Thursday, 2020-03-19, 1:46 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Quote E-3 ()
wtf lol I'm no drug dealer bro.

I added it as an example just because I saw news about queues for weed in the Netherlands biggrin
Quote E-3 ()
as for the disinfectant that's currently unavailable anywhere.

Here a few fools ignorant of economics and history rage at hiked up prices, as if they want to rage-kick the only merchants that provide any supply at all. Sounds like the fools have already had it their way for now where you are, if things really are unavailable anywhere there. However, free markets prevail eventually, one way or another.
Anyway, I hope things turn out well with your new job.

As for playing during the week - looks like it is happening - already over 20 players (and decently playing ones) yesterday.

MAJORMASTERBATESDate: Thursday, 2020-03-19, 5:57 PM | Message # 8
Captain
Get a few aloe vera plants, I have a huge one and every so often i cut a few leaves off cut it open (instructions on YT) and either lather it onto my hands overnight or put it in a blender with bit of water to make a hand soap.

In fact get a f..k load of plants if you can, the troglodytes panic buying dumb shit like toilet roll aren't thinking long term, some houseplants actually clean the air and are good for your mental health too and buy seed packets of things like basil and tomato plants.

E-3Date: Thursday, 2020-03-19, 6:36 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote rumpirate100 ()
Get a few aloe vera plants, I have a huge one and every so often i cut a few leaves off cut it open (instructions on YT) and either lather it onto my hands overnight or put it in a blender with bit of water to make a hand soap.In fact get a f..k load of plants if you can, the troglodytes panic buying dumb shit like toilet roll aren't thinking long term, some houseplants actually clean the air and are good for your mental health too and buy seed packets of things like basil and tomato plants.

I'm not that desperate that I'm going to make an emergency soap. Besides normal soap will just work fine and that's still very easy to get it's just that hand sanitizer the one with alcohol in it is pretty much impossible. Finally it seems the craziness around toilet paper is dying I have been able to buy enough supply today that will last me 3 or 4 weeks.

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2020-03-19, 6:36 PM

Born-1942Date: Saturday, 2020-03-21, 5:16 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Awards: 16
We will all die? I'm scared, in Brazil cases are increasing!
I know that most people were saved and are now well, so older or vulnerable people with less healthy lives and chronic problems, and with increasing cases they are at risk, I am worried about my mother.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

bubuDate: Sunday, 2020-03-22, 12:31 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
Also, vinegar can be used as somewhat homemade disinfection as long as u stand its smell.

Code
https://www.insider.com/does-vinegar-kill-germs-and-viruses
^Here they compare it to other disinfection products and say it is not as effective and why would you use it if you have other much more effective disinfection products. However, reverse logic: if you don't have those others, it may somewhat work, I guess.

Quote Born-1942 ()
I know that most people were saved and are now well, so older or vulnerable people with less healthy lives and chronic problems, and with increasing cases they are at risk, I am worried about my mother.
Nah, we will survive biggrin

In Slovakia, everyone started to wear a facemask, surgical or homemade from cotton, globally covering all people with government issuing strict rules to wear it in all public transport and public. Argument is, whether you are sick or not, you act as if you were and you wear a mask to protect others from your particles.
I am in no place to give hints, but epidemiologist and hygienists issued warnings here start to wear facemasks and rubber gloves (if available), to not touch your eyes/nose/mouth after touching objects, stay home, and keep at 2m distance from people.

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2020-12-23, 9:32 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
On the topic of playing on FHSW-Europe on weekdays:

It's happening! Even more in the month before this one.

waldhurzakDate: Thursday, 2020-12-24, 1:19 AM | Message # 13
Captain
Group: Trusted
yea, advertise fhsw more guys : )

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Announcements » COVID-19 Work From Home? Quarantined? (Able to Work From Home? Time to revive Monday-Thursday Play!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: