[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Advertising FHSW (r)
Advertising FHSW (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2012-09-12, 2:56 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
One of the main question of our community is: How do we get more players? The easiest way seems to be "spamming" it on various forums, but the problem is that your thread will be ignored if you're a new poster. Another problem is that it will be buried and forgotten very fast if you get no responses. But if you can keep a thread going, people get interested and might try it out, the prime example is the thread on battlefield.pl which was created by Mr J: http://forum.battlefield.pl/viewtop....3da6cc1 I think it's the main reason why we have so many Polish players now. Big thanks for your efforts Mr J. smile

What I'm asking you is to join existing topics if you're registered there to keep it active and interesting, just post something that's related in any way, e. g. about previous events etc., it doesn't have to be in depth. tongue

Here are the threads I created by myself or found via google:

[Polish]Battlefield.pl
[Italian]gaming.ngi.it
[English]FH2
[English]Forgotten Honor
[English]Gametracker
[German]Gamestar
[German]Panzer-Archiv

Do you have any links to share? Or other ideas about "advertising"?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Fritz-KempfDate: Tuesday, 2013-03-12, 10:54 AM | Message # 2
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
I have start it already a few years ago when FHSW start to grow. But i have not update it the last 2 years, much death links, movies etc.... i have made a new one. Of course in Dutch!

http://www.militair.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7732&start=0 [Dutch]

Added (2013-03-12, 10:54 AM)
---------------------------------------------
http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Forgotten_Hope_Secret_Weapon

Message edited by Fritz-Kempf - Saturday, 2012-10-13, 2:32 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-03-12, 9:12 PM | Message # 3
General
Thanks, really appreciated. I see you also copied that outdated moddb text, maybe I'll also add one or two sentences later.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Fritz-KempfDate: Tuesday, 2013-03-12, 11:31 PM | Message # 4
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
I have change it little bit already.

SimoHayhaDate: Thursday, 2013-06-06, 1:35 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
Id say moddb is the best way of getting numbers up, especially promoting the server on the fhsw page more visibly, it should be one of the first results that comes up when googling BF1942 mods but its not, we need to get it up there somehow, maybe making a google+ account will help with getting search listing up..

Come to think of it we should put a flyer up on the Moddb page, not like for a specific event, but just something like advertising the fact that we have events in general, with big print giving time and dates for usual events, i know this info is already up there but i think that putting on one of slobos flyers would catch peoples attention more easilty, plus by making a new entry into the page it makes people less wary that it could be a dead mod..

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Message edited by SimoHayha - Thursday, 2013-06-06, 2:13 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 12:46 PM | Message # 6
General
At least for "Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon" it's the first result for me, sadly for "FHSW" it's only on the second page, but this site here is the second result.

I wanted to change the introduction part for the longest time but only mayer has the rights to do that..

btw. (somewhat related) I wonder why this thread has so many views with only 5 replies. Because of the word "advertising" which attracts all kinds of bots? confused

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 4:00 PM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 45
@endless:
I wonder why this thread has so many views with only 5 replies. Because
of the word "advertising" which attracts all kinds of bots?

I think you can try it out with a new thread that is only named "Advertising" but has got no content.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

SimoHayhaDate: Monday, 2013-06-10, 11:45 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Endless_Nameless, I think its okay to leave the intro for now, but i definitely think you should ask slobo(or anyone good at it) to do a flyer just advertising fight nights/events, nothing specific, but the benefit is twofold. firstly it will get the word about fight nights out in a more public setting, and secondly the search results on moddb for  bf1942 mods are listed according to most recent post, posting something will jump you to the top of the list..

Also we shouldn't feel bad about using moddb as a platform for announcing events, i just noticed pfc are doing the same on the FH page on moddb, so i say we do it as regularly as we hold events, that way we will always be at the top of the list for bf1942 mods..

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Message edited by SimoHayha - Monday, 2013-06-10, 11:47 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-06-11, 4:06 PM | Message # 9
General
I posted a couple of event news (Example) but no one from moddb showed up. So I'm not sure if that would have any effect really, especially when barely anyone comments on them.

Which brings me to my second point: It would be really nice if players from here could post one or two comments under new news so that other people think "hmm this seems to be alive maybe I should check it out". News receive a lot of views in the first two days after you publish them. Just an idea.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

SimoHayhaDate: Tuesday, 2013-06-11, 5:59 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Id be happy to but i still think we should put a flyer up as a news event, just to get us to the top of the search at the very least, id be happy to comment on it and im sure we could rope some people in to joining in...

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

SimoHayhaDate: Saturday, 2013-07-13, 7:24 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
I have a plan to write a couple of very detailed reviews of fhsw and send them into gaming websites/magazines i think it would do great things for fhsw if we managed to get a feature somewhere... has this been done before? 

let me know if you have any ideas or questions...

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2013-07-15, 7:46 PM | Message # 12
General
Sounds great, check your inbox for some info.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Advertising FHSW (r)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: