[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Did you know that...? (m)
Did you know that...? (m)
Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-06-25, 11:26 PM | Message # 1
Accessory Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 22
Hi, I decided to keep our English speaking community up with all the golden curiosities that are being posted by FHSWman on FHSWDev Twitter page. Basicaly the target form of this "periodical" shall to be different, something like "Did you know that..." area on the main page's margin. Sadly as yet, I haven't figured out how to make them showing randomly.

Admins, keep posting if I died suddenly smile
Wiki Moderators, you are free to transfer these to the FHSW Wiki.
All credits go to FHSWman or whoever who is the author of these Twitts.
There may occur translation errors arised due to imperfection of machine translators that are essential though.

---------------------

• Jim "Rad" Rogers, the author of three Panzers made for FH, has passed away
    on April 8, 2010 due to disease. Remember about his great contribution everytime you get in the Koenigstiger or Panzer III.
  • There was no battle for Adak during the World War II. The map has been
    created however, since Adak is the hometown of Rad, one of the FH developers.
  • The Lebel M1886's bayonet has the longest range from all melee weapons while the Cola bottle is the most powerful.
  • The gun with the highest rate of fire available in FHSW is the antiaircraft
    MG mounted under wings of TB-3 soviet bomber and it shoots around 6000 rounds/min.
  • The limit of firing rate of BF1942 is 900 shots/min so it was necessary to place multiple guns in the same
    position to break this limit.
  • The Pegasus Bridge map was reproduced in southwest area the Merville Battery map, near the Melville point.
  • The Ulysses light cruiser that appears on Arctic Convoy map is a fictional
    ship that comes from Alistair MacLean's novel, "HMS Ulysses".
  • The horizontal postion of Rocket Willy's launcher can be adjusted with A,D keys while sitting on 2nd position.
  • Tank obstacles on The Great Pursuit map are destroyable.
  • Land mines do explode if hit by a heavy gun, so wide mine fields may be easly cleaned up using gunfire.
  • The wire net on tanks and Schoerzen (armor plates) use the same collision detection.
  • The normal ammobox allows to resupply the ammunition with the following
    number of times: 10x for regular ammunition, grenades, satchels, landmines, panzerschreck, bazooka; 6x for Panzerfaust, 1x for smoke grenade,20x for pistols.
  • The stationary turrets of Maginot Line can be raised or lowered using arrow keys. Note that the exposed
    armour of raised turret is very thin.
  • Calling the enemy's aviation support is quite unrealistic so you won't be able to make use of captured radio bomber kits.
  • The D-10S's gun of SU-100 performance was calculated according to data from
    1960s therefore the real efficency during WW2 period was worse.
  • Pay attention when using time limited explosives simultaneously. The BF1942
    engine is able to memorize maximum of 3 active charges per player. Inother words, when you throw more than 3 satchels, some of them will result in misfire.
  • Currently there is no difference between hand granades of each country (as for FHSW 0.51)
  • AP rounds do not explode so they are not good for killing an infantry. By
    contrast, AA rounds are not good for destroying armored vehicles. HEATproduces some blast at impact. SHRAPNEL is best for killing livingtarget like soldiers, horses or not well armored vehicles like jeeps andtrucks.
  • AP and HEAT rounds are mentioned to be used against armoured targets, AA against scattered targets, similiar about
    HE. SHRAPNEL widely sprays large quantities of bullets. DP is a HE withproximity fuse for shooting the sky. If there is no description in lowerright corner of the screen, then you use default cartridge.
  • AA and naval guns have special ammunition indicator visible in F9 camera mode.

Still there are few entries that I can't translate to keep the sense. Some help needed:

SimoHayhaDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 4:20 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
cool stuff mr j!

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 1:57 PM | Message # 3
General
Awards: 45
Yea, thats quite cool! smile

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Fritz-KempfDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 5:57 PM | Message # 4
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
Quote (Mr_J)
Land mines do explode if hit by a heavy gun, so wide mine fields may be easly cleaned up using gunfire.

I Know biggrin

slobodanDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 7:12 PM | Message # 5
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
Land mines do explode if hit by a heavy gun, so wide mine fields may be easly cleaned up using gunfire.

NOO J! Marduk now knows about this angry

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 10:08 PM | Message # 6
Accessory Admin
And the rest:

• Some of the vehicles have special weakpoints like cupola periscopes.
  • The British PIAT and Japanese Rota gun are equipped with a support leg so you may instantly stabilize and aqqurately shoot by getting to lying position. Doing it with Bazooka or Panzerschreck won't improve your accuracy though.
  • The armour angling increases chances of deflecting the AP rounds but it doesn't really matter when using HE. So if you have got troubles with damaging angled armour, the explosives may be more effective.
  • Since FHSW 0.51, the turret's volume affects the reloading speed. Even if the gun is the same, the loading rate varies if both tanks have different turrets.
  • The radar can detect only the objects that are above. Fly very low if you want to stay away from radar's coverage.
  • The blast radius and power of heavy satchel charge are the same as the blast of the Churchill AVRE's 290-mm petard. Penetration effects occurs for both.
  • There is a bug in BF1942 engine that obstruct heavy guns that reload longer than 20 seconds. This is why some of the heavy guns has only 1 round available. To reload you have to supply them manually with ammo.
  • To activate the night vision mode in StG44 Vampire, go to external view with F10 or F11, go back to first person view with F9 and make a shot.
  • There are special ammunition supply kits that allows you to reload only specific kind of weapon: Panzerschreck rockets / Panzerfausts / Mortar shells / artillery shells
  • Pay attention when placing a mortar. Do not move yourself after releasing your mortar nor don't place it under your legs (avoid overlapping the mortar with your body) otherwise it won't show up at all.
  • Don't click with your right mouse button to activate the TNT (Expack) detonator. Press 7 instead.
  • If you are not sure wheter you've got a parachute, look at the soldier icon on the lower left of the screen.
  • Landing on soft sandbags after falling down will decrease a chance of dying.

Pay attention when placing a mortar. Do not move yourself after releasing your mortar nor don't place it under your legs (avoid
overlapping the mortar with your body) otherwise it won't show up at
all.
This helped me very much!

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2013-06-26, 10:22 PM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 38
There are definitely some things I didn't know before, great work! smile

I think this
3kg対戦車爆雷の効果判定は「設置位置と車両の中心座標との距離」なので、設置箇所の装甲厚は関係しない さらにこの武器は爆風の範疇なので装甲厚ではなく爆風耐性がダメージに影響する

means that the damage of the Hafthohlladung is higher the closer you place it to the vehicle's center.

Me323ギガントは3.4番席の翼面機銃座でEを押すと翼内の通路へ降りることが出来る クレタで貨物室に乗っても戦車に押し出されてしまうという人はこちらのファーストクラス席をお試しあれ

If you exit the Me 323 from seat 3 or 4 you get some first class seats in the wings!

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

SimoHayhaDate: Thursday, 2013-06-27, 12:47 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
did you know you can kill yourself with your own ricochet?

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Message edited by SimoHayha - Thursday, 2013-06-27, 12:56 PM

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2013-06-27, 5:29 PM | Message # 9
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
means that the damage of the Hafthohlladung is higher the closer you place it to the vehicle's center.

Really good to know! Love the Hafthohlladung smile

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2013-06-27, 10:34 PM | Message # 10
Accessory Admin
Thx Endless.

Some more:

• Only land mines layed by foot soldier can be disarmed and recovered for another usage by soldier's wrench. The mines sprayed out by the APC can not, but they do not stay forever, as they explode on their own after specific time period.
  • Although the front hull armour of Panzer IV Ausf. H is 80mm thick, the front of gun turret gun is only 50mm. So potentially weak guns like 75mm/L37.5 of Sherman or 76.2mm/L41.5 of T-34 can penetrate it easly.
  • Although the StuG 3 assault gun brings a great support for infantry, it has 6 weak points in front armor. Their area is quite small but they may be hit and penetrated if you become involved in continous shootout.
  • The SU-76 which is equipped with Zis-3 divisional gun uses APCR shells (Armour-Piercing, Composite Rigid)
  • You can reduce or even avoid being damaged by a torpedo, bomb, or artillery projectile, by increasing the angle between their trajectory and your ship.
  • The 3kg AnitTank charge uses a blast to destroy the target so it doesn't really take account of armor thicknes. In other words, the closer to tank's center you put the charge, the more damage it does. (thx eYe)
  • At the first glance the Landkreuzer P.1000 Ratte uses two 28cm cannons as the main armament but in FHSW 0.51 it is as powerful as twice 50cm.
  • The Anti-Tank explosives do not work fully correct as their code uses things from Battlefield Vietnam.
  • Solnechnogorsk is a real town situated on the outskirts of Moscow.
  • The static wheels that are supposed to spin in tanks are not rotating due to limitations in BF1942 code.
  • Taking account of all artillery batteries, only the mortars have to be supplied with external ammo source. The rest of them have got unlimited ammo.
  • If you exit the Me 323 from seat 3 or 4 you get some first class seats in the wings!(thx eYe)

Quote (SimoHayha)
did you know you can kill yourself with your own ricochet?
is this a fact or just subjective opinion?

Fritz-KempfDate: Friday, 2013-06-28, 12:28 PM | Message # 11
FHSW Wikia Admin
Done!

SimoHayhaDate: Friday, 2013-06-28, 5:25 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Mr_J, Ive definately done it to myself before, but i had very low health, so i dont know if its something you can regularly do, but it can definately happen in real life, a friend of mine had a very close call in such an indecent..

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2013-06-29, 10:08 PM | Message # 13
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote (Mr_J)
独軍のゴリアテ自走爆弾の威力はおおむね航空用500kg爆弾一発、マチルダ・ブラックプリンス自爆戦車の威力はその倍ほどである 隣接して起爆されれば虎ですら即死は免れない

The power of the explosion of Goliath tracked mines and radio-controlled Matilda Black Prince demolition tanks  is twice as high as 500 kg bombs, so if detonated,  even Tiger can't escape instant death.
対戦車砲や対空砲から排出された薬莢には人に対する当たり判定は無いが、銃弾に対する当たり判定はあるので撃つと弾をはじくのを確認できる

There is a collision detection for repel bullets for humans, but there is none for cartridges that have been discharged from the anti-aircraft artillery and anti-tank guns.
 セクター318のリスポンAPCが湧く条件は北と南の農場旗それぞれを「占領したとき」 取られた時ではないので注意
APC spawns at Sector 318 after the conquest of North and South flags.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2013-06-30, 11:49 AM

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2013-06-30, 12:40 PM | Message # 14
FHSW Wikia Admin
Quote (Mr_J)
To activate the night vision mode in StG44 Vampire, go to external view with F10 or F11, go back to first person view with F9 and make a shot.

Nice one! I have test this out and indeed! I made a record via Fraps99 and put it soon online as advertisement for the Wiki. I will put some of those lines on Youtube and finish always with the line: You want more "Did you Knows"? Visit fhsw.wikia.com and discover them!

I make now small templates for each DYK line one template. With the goal to add them over the complete Wikia on each page were they belongs to. Of course, some will not be use on pages. Will see. Here an example of a page with the DYK template.

http://fhsw.wikia.com/wiki/Adak_Island

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-06-30, 7:08 PM | Message # 15
Accessory Admin
Simo, actually I have died without any reasonable reason for couple of times. Maybe that is the answer.

Radiosmersh, I got the 3rd one but rest of them still do not make any sense for me. What is the "radio-controlled Matilda Black Prince demolition tank" for example??!!

I make now small templates for each DYK line one template. With the goal to add them over the complete Wikia on each page were they belongs to. Of course, some will not be use on pages. Will see. Here an example of a page with the DYK template.

http://fhsw.wikia.com/wiki/Adak_Island

I like it very much Fritz.

------------------------------------------------------------
  • The mobile Spawn APCs do not appear immadiately after capturing north and south farm flags on Sector 318 map. You have to hold one of these flags and wait a while to make them appear.
  • The power of the explosion of Goliath tracked mines and radio-controlled
    Matilda Black Prince demolition tanks  is twice as high as 500 kg bombs,so if detonated,  even Tiger can't escape instant death. (thx Radiosmersh)
  • AT Grenades and AT ammo of knee mortar can do a little damage to a destroyer class ships. Even sinking is possible if shooting is performed by 2 or more people.
  • The Ki-67 "Hiryu"'s variant, the SLRGA, is an abbreviation of Special Long Range Ground Attacker.
  • The ship that looks like a destroyer on Iwo Jima or Wake Night maps, in fact is a different class of ships. The LCI ( R)'s [Landing Craft Infantry (Rocket)] role was to support the landing infantry with rocket fire and the mentioned ship itself is weaker than a regular destroyer.
  • Arty batteries: Each time a single gun is reloaded, its loading time is slightly shifted according to the rest of battery's guns. This way you can perform a continous fire without having to wait for whole battery to be reloaded, as long as you hold the shooting button.
  • The "Chwat" nickname given to the Hetzer captured by Polish Resistance that can be seen on the Warsaw Uprising map, means a "brave man" in Polish language. The captured Panther, "Pudel", has the same meaning as the source - the Pudel, a dog's race.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2013-06-30, 7:34 PM | Message # 16
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote (Mr_J)
Radiosmersh, I got the 3rd one but rest of them still do not make any sense for me. What is the "radio-controlled Matilda Black Prince demolition tank" for example??!!
 http://fhsw.wikia.com/wiki...._Prince

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2013-06-30, 7:34 PM

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-06-30, 7:35 PM | Message # 17
Accessory Admin
Oh, now it DOES make sense. I had no idea about this weapon, thanks.

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2013-06-30, 11:06 PM | Message # 18
FHSW Wikia Admin
Sand Storm, there you can find it.

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2013-07-05, 7:03 PM | Message # 19
Accessory Admin
  • The SAS Willy Jeep is equipped with spawnable subversive weapon kits like silenced scoped guns, AT rifles or explosives, as well as smoke grenades. Also it acts as the ammunition supply point. It is not visible on mini-map for the axis team, even when empty, so you may easly infiltrate the enemy rear.

• The artillery towing vehicle's icon as well as the towed artillery gun's icon are visible for the friendly team only, no matter if driven or empty. Thanks to this feature you can easly come at enemy.

• A single shot of Japanese Type 98 20mm high angle machine gun is the most powerful of all 20mm machine guns available in FHSW.

• The general FHSW development policy doesn't take account of things like replenishing rate of the manpower, soldier's rank, basic failure rate etc., So in general all armies starts in perfect condition, unless a specific map needs a custom tweak.

• Current development policy of FHSW is like "less stress, more entertainment" rather than "realistic at all costs".

• Primarily the silenced version of Type 96 light machine gun was made in order to relieve suffering of soldiers who were struggling with long-lasting influence of loud shooting sound and large muzzle flame.

• A Japanese floating spotter biplane, the F1M2 "Pete", can be used as a rescue plane for more than 2 soldiers. When you exit it from pilot's or back gunner's position, you will be standing on the lower plane wing. Each wing can provide a safe ride for up to 4 soldiers. This is possible due to an invisible collision blocker at the back of wing edge, that keeps soldiers sticked to the wing while flying.

• The damage that a hand weapon does to the victim's body, mostly depends on the caliber that is followed by muzzle initial velocity and projectile weight. Therefore a gun with slow initial speed but with large caliber can do a serious damage.

• The power of Luftwaffe Signal Pistol can destroy an airplane or a jeep with few shots. This gun has almost the same destroying force as a 20mm machine gun.

Fritz-KempfDate: Saturday, 2013-07-06, 10:59 AM | Message # 20
FHSW Wikia Admin
Have we the 2cm Type 98?

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Did you know that...? (m)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: