[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Next version update (r) (0.6?)
Next version update (r)
buddydogDate: Wednesday, 2015-12-09, 12:42 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Hi guys, 

Do you have an idea when about 0.6 and what new maps, theaters, and equipment is being worked on.

I read an article revealing plans for a Korean War theatre, but it is easy to get confused with all the bits of information buried in a Japanese dev blog.

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2015-12-09, 1:14 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Nothing official has be comunicated concerning that.

It's important to distinguish between the FHSW fan creations ( custom maps, crazy war scenarios, experimental vehicles ) and the stuff that might be implemented in the future.

The secret ordnance factory is the most official thing to rely on. For example it is confirmed that the British Tortoise, infantry Cromwell and the Comet will definitely make an appearance in the next update. Maybe there will be a focus on late British stuff, since there is also a twitter picture of a Centurion model.

Maps like Leyte Gulf Day 2 might get an official release too; featuring new ship models, airplanes and effects which are provided by fans and I believe 'official' FHSW developers.
Guys like Ningen, Frankk and tekktekk deliver high quality models and textures. The latter also shows great efforts in coding new game features.
Some maps like Battle of Midway will get an graphical overhoul in the end.

New war theatres and map projects like "The sky is the limit" appear more like fan creations to me... but I might be wrong on this.

We should get Death over there and let him spy some things out for us ^^

Message edited by Xenanab - Wednesday, 2015-12-09, 1:18 PM

buddydogDate: Tuesday, 2016-05-03, 10:08 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant
Any updates on this?

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2016-05-04, 10:40 AM | Message # 4
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Sadly no.

I'm sure you can find some hints on their twitter but my Japanese is not that good. wink

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Friday, 2016-05-06, 0:06 AM | Message # 5
General
Awards: 45
Maybe this is new to you:
http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/2016/04/fhsw-three-new-maps-for-us.html

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LauxDate: Sunday, 2016-09-25, 4:47 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 5
Überraschenderweise ist heute um 21:30 Japanischer Zeit FHSW 0.6 Released worden, über eine Public bf-games News für die deutsche Community würden wir uns riesig freuen, nicht wahr?
Hier der Link zur News und Download: http://wbmuse.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-209.html#more

Macht mal ein bisschen Stimmung zum Release drüben bei bf-games, sonst sieht dass so aus als ob ich mir nur eine deutsche News zum FHSW 0.6 wünsche. Zeigt dass ihr es doch auch wollt?!
P.S. bin es schon am Downloaden (3,9G cool

sonikglightDate: Sunday, 2016-09-25, 6:01 PM | Message # 7
Private
Awards: 6
Looking forward to it.

P.S. join us laux.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

E-3Date: Monday, 2016-09-26, 2:23 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
now that 0.6 is out we need a installer for it and  update the modbd webpage  or many  wont know fhsw is updated

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2016-09-26, 8:32 AM | Message # 9
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Awards: 27
New maps:
  • Battle of Leyte Guld Day2
  • Eagles Nest
  • FHT Operation Dracula
  • Monte Cassino
  • The Merville Battery (kind of)

• Salerno
  • Operation Varsity
  • Way to Paris
  • Westminster
  • Westwall

Deleted maps:
  • Battle Isle
  • FHT Golf Hotel
  • Kota Bharu

It's a pity devs deleted Golf Hotel, as for other I don't care. And I hope they finally fixed Alaska.

LauxDate: Monday, 2016-09-26, 11:41 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Awards: 5
Bei einem Mapabgleich zwischen FHSW 0.55 und 0.6 ist mir aufgefallen das einige Maps aussortiert wurden. Widerum andere Maps sind aus den Mappacks nicht übernommen worden. Ich finde im Januar hat FHSW JPN zuviel Werbung gemacht und jetzt bis zum Release zuwenig. Ich glaube dass die 0.55 Mappacks bis dato nicht mehr jetzt kompatibel sein werden? Aber Vielleicht weiß es jemand besser von euch? wink Auf jedenfall wurde vorhin ein 0.6 Server von den Japanern geschaltet.

XenanabDate: Monday, 2016-09-26, 1:22 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
A few thoughts after I played 2 maps alone:

- Coaxial MGs loose precision when holding the fire button too long. This way, tank combat against infantry on larger distances got nerfed. I think that's alright.
- The Panzer IV Ausf. J does not have any Panzergranate 40 ammo anymore. Maybe there are only a few exclusive models which have that. Thank god for that!
- The new E10 and E25 tanks seem really weird to me. Basically they are improved and much faster versions of Hetzer and Jagdpanzer IV. But aiming is harder due to the fact, that their movement is less - let's say - 'tankish'.
- My version of Eagles Nest is more fun :P :P
- No more Golf Hotel sad
- I think the new pistols are a nice change!
- I was hoping, that we get the soundpack by tekktekk along with the new version :/
- Now it seems that allies are overpowered on Siegfried Line.
- These flamethrowers on that Tortoise version are badass!
- Nice to see all this new stuff for the British!

Message edited by Xenanab - Monday, 2016-09-26, 5:56 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-09-26, 3:20 PM | Message # 12
General
Awards: 38
I'll create an installer together with a news on moddb, might take a few days though. If someone wants to help, you can translate parts of the huge blog post. It doesn't have to be an exact translation. And if you only translate one paragraph (for example one vehicle) that already helps.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DjSolid_StateDate: Monday, 2016-09-26, 4:51 PM | Message # 13
Private
Awards: 0
Hey guys! First post on the forum smile

If I install FHSW 0.6, will it show up as a separate mod to the older version?

E-3Date: Monday, 2016-09-26, 5:56 PM | Message # 14
Lieutenant Colonel
Awards: 9
no it wont  if you want to keep your old fhsw  rename  the fhsw folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\Mods   to oldfhsw
after if you install the new fhsw you still have the old and new fhsw

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Monday, 2016-09-26, 5:57 PM

starking018Date: Monday, 2016-09-26, 6:10 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
@Everyone: I've made a torrent for the FHSW 0.6 Client file (FHSW06Client.rar) only. Currently it's just me seeding and a web seed URL from the original Dropbox link (which for me is relatively slow, and also may not work properly).

• If you haven't downloaded FHSW06Client.rar yet, you can download it through the link below. Once the download is complete, please leave the torrent client open for some time (or start it again later) to help others download the file from you.
  • If you have it only partially downloaded, you can preserve your progress and continue downloading (hopefully faster) through the torrent. This may make sense if your download speed is slow and/or you expect to have download interruptions. Depending on what browser or software you've been downloading the file it may be called something like FHSW06Client.part (Firefox) or just FHSW06Client.rar. To make sure you won't have any interference with whatever you used to download it, move or copy the file to another folder and rename it to FHSW06Client.rar. Open the link below and select that folder as the destination. In some torrent clients you may need to manually start a torrent check in order to recognize the current progress before you start the download (qBittorrent starts the check automatically before downloading). Once the download is complete, please leave the torrent client open for some time (or start it again later) to help others download the file from you.
  • If you already have the file and wish to help others download it, open the link below and select the folder which contains FHSW06Client.rar as the destination. In some torrent clients you may need to manually start a torrent check in order to recognize the current progress before you start the upload (qBittorrent starts the check automatically before up/downloading).

Here is the magnet link for downloading through a BitTorrent client (I recommend qBittorrent). Copy the link, and, if the torrent client doesn't automatically detect the link, click File->Add Torrent Link... (in qBittorrent):
Code
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:74446a19f67eeeb149fae80e0643181b75a07747&dn=FHSW06Client.rar&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969&ws=https%3a%2f%2fwww.dropbox.com%2fs%2fod8apwnuz7u7xpf%2fFHSW06Client.rar%3fdl%3d1

@DjSolid_State: No, you need to delete the current FHSW folder (or move it outside Battlefield 1942's folder tree, as a backup) and then extract the new FHSW folder in its place. If you want to be able to start either version at any time, try what E-3 said. If it doesn't work properly you could make a copy of your entire Battlefield 1942 folder - one with the old FHSW, one with the new FHSW folder.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 0:33 AM

marcelraiderDate: Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 10:18 AM | Message # 16
Private
Guys who where worried about "Golf hotel" map, remember that's a map from Forgotten Honor 0.8 mod, so if you got this mod, you still got Golf hotel smile

Message edited by marcelraider - Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 10:19 AM

timothyhughes109Date: Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 4:02 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant
How will the new version effect existing custom maps? Will they still work on the new version?

XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2016-09-27, 5:17 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
Basically it shouldn't be a problem. But to be 100% sure you have to check everything. Use every vehicle and weapon kit that the map offers and test them.
If you are referring to the edited maps of your upcoming FHT tournament you definitely should check the balance again since some weapons are now tweaked.

I want to share some other personal thoughts and observations of the update so far:

- Midway-1942 is still unplayable on our server: It is just too big.
- Monster des Stahles still is extremely laggy for me
- the M18 anti-tank capabilities (HEAT) are very bad
- great to see these new Bazooka shells though
- I have found out, that the West Wall .001 - update file contains lightmaps. If you want to have a more detailed map on the graphical part, then you should put that thing in your levels folder, since it is located on your client folder, that you have downloaded. I still can't boot this map up though
- what exactly is the PAW 1000? Some E-25 tanks are equipped with that
- not only is there the M36-B but also normal M36s with an actual roof to protect the crew
- the T95 has some sandbags and logs for protection against anti-tank arms
- the Emily is a very big plane with great armor
- there exist experimental 750kg torpedos in the ordnance of the Japanese
- the P-51H has a new skin

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2016-09-28, 1:27 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
what exactly is the PAW 1000

It's a gun based on a principle that was pioneered in the related PAW 600 and was used very rarely since. Basically, these guns have a much lower recoil for a given caliber and muzzle velocity, which enables a very light gun assembly, but they are limited in the maximum muzzle velocity they can achieve. In practice, these types of guns have characteristics somewhere between regular guns and recoilless rifles.

Here's the Wikipedia article for this gun: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerwurfkanone_10H64 It was supposed to use shaped charge shells which can penetrate over 200mm, so I would be interested to know whether the screens and sandbags can stop it in the game. I think they should, but in a few cases, in theory it should still penetrate - if the total thickness is not over 200mm, e.g. some thin US armor with little sandbags. For those and other cases there should be a HE option.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Wednesday, 2016-09-28, 1:27 AM

XenanabDate: Wednesday, 2016-09-28, 10:15 AM | Message # 20
Colonel
Ah, thanks. Yeah I discovered that this gun can penetrate a lot of front armors. It doesn't do heavy damage on heavy vehicles though, but the bullet doesn't bounce of. Most of the time there is an damage output so you can be a threat to the enemy if he doesn't take you serious in combat.

New observations:
- the VK16.02 has been nerfed. There are versions which only have the 50mm KwK39
- the M18 is the most fun infantry weapon in the game
- the new ISU152 can actually defend itself with PPSH pistols
- the HE charge of the Bazooka has a lot of explosion range, while it is hard to aim on specific spots with it. You might use it exclusively on buildings with open windows

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » Next version update (r) (0.6?)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: