[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » [Tutorial] Torpedoes (m)
[Tutorial] Torpedoes (m)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2016-05-29, 3:47 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hi everyone,

I noticed that not only for beginners but also veterans the torpedoes in FHSW are still a mystery. I hope this tutorial can help you to understand the game mechanics behind it a bit better. If used correctly it’s possible to sink capital ships very fast, a lot faster than with regular bombs.

General notes

Let's start easy: First and foremost it’s important to always hit the side of the ship and not try to bomb the deck which causes little to no damage. To do this release the torpedo in a certain distance from the enemy ship, if it moves it’s also a good idea to lead the target a bit (practice).

Torpedoes have inertia so don’t drop them from too high or at a steep angle which can cause the torpedo to go too deep beneath the water surface and miss the target.

Against capital ships this is not that much of a problem but the hull of destroyers doesn’t expand very far under the water which often causes misses. Similarly it’s also important to not release torpedoes too close to destroyers.

Fighting capital ships

Capital ships (cruisers, battleships, aircraft carriers, transport ships) in FHSW are divided into four compartments which are called floaters. They are distributed like this:

Each floater has its own hitpoints and can only be damaged by torpedoes. If a floater is destroyed a water effect plays and the ship starts to list in this direction (picture below depicts the destruction of floater 3). The number of torpedoes required depends on the torpedo and ship, it’s usually somewhere between two and six. I haven't tested yet if they can be repaired.

This itself doesn't do much damage to the ship, it's more of an annoyance but now it gets interesting. While further torpedoes fired into this now destroyed floater still deal some damage it’s not really effective, you should concentrate your fire on the undestroyed ones. I noticed that destroying the floater opposite of the already destroyed one is enough to sink a ship (in this case floater 1 and 3). Destroying both floaters of one side only seems to make it list more.

Please ask if there are any questions left.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2016-05-29, 4:49 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
hm very interresting, thx specool

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

mardukDate: Monday, 2016-05-30, 6:26 PM | Message # 3
General
Awards: 45
Nice tutorial, thank you!
You should become navy instructor wink

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Monday, 2016-05-30, 8:51 PM | Message # 4
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
ty Eye... now I know why I never hit a ship. 
I always used the lampo style...

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2016-05-30, 11:42 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
hm secret weapon boomerang torpedo ... must be released in back nosedive and will come back to you immediatly surprised damn, endless ammo, thats fine victory

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

alvarogilhernandez15Date: Tuesday, 2016-05-31, 3:44 PM | Message # 6
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
misile-torpedo biggrin if you dont hit anything the  torpedo drop a kebab for you!! clap (spaghetti for italians,burger for americans and sushi for japaneses)

twistedkebabfaceDate: Tuesday, 2016-05-31, 4:38 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 8
alvarogilhernandez15, Kebabs, mmmmm :)

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2016-06-01, 7:59 PM | Message # 8
General
Awards: 38
Lampo I think this might be your only hope then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten (If they're ever going to add it)

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

LampoDate: Thursday, 2016-06-02, 7:24 PM | Message # 9
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Lampo I think this might be your only hope then: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiten (If they're ever going to add it)
:D

I will remembert your suggestion.
Then, a tutorial about ship bombing ??? Best tatreget to hit ? The 4 points are same also for a bombing raid ?

Message edited by Lampo - Thursday, 2016-06-02, 7:25 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » [Tutorial] Torpedoes (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: