[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.61 (m) (Release 11th April 2017)
FHSW 0.61 (m)
sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2017-04-18, 10:06 PM | Message # 21
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
sry it was me, maps fine.

play it!

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2017-04-20, 9:58 PM | Message # 22
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Two things:

I'm pretty disappointed that the Mp40 edit doesn't change both Mp40 and Mp40-II but adds a third version called "Mp40/II" that has a higher fire rate and therefore a terrible accuracy.
Does anyone know what that thing is supposed to be now? I always thought there have been only these two versions.

After I read in the Event thread that people have issues with desert hill I guess that something might not be right with the installer.
After I've run the installer, Fall of Berlin was completely unplayable for me. I suffered from the same issues like recent crashes from the S&T pack.
Just to be sure I manually installed theĀ 4GB Patch and the map has been completely fine.
Desert Hill is a pretty complicated map now with a huge amount of high quality textures from the newer vehicles. A test on this map didn't give me any issues after the 4GB patch.

Now I'm asking: Could it be that the FHSW 0.61 installer doesn't install the 4GB patch after all? I'm just curious now after Mutantz' report and my experiences.

Message edited by Xenanab - Thursday, 2017-04-20, 10:05 PM

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Thursday, 2017-04-20, 10:56 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant General
Installer works fine for me but I already had used the 4GB patch before, so ... ??

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

RADIOSMERSHDate: Friday, 2017-04-21, 1:33 AM | Message # 24
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Quote Xenanab ()
Now I'm asking: Could it be that the FHSW 0.61 installer doesn't install the 4GB patch after all? I'm just curious now after Mutantz' report and my experiences.

I've examined both CD and Origin executables from the installer with dumpbin utility and they both turned up to be patched (can handle large (>2GB) addresses).

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Friday, 2017-04-21, 1:33 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2017-04-23, 9:27 AM | Message # 25
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote Xenanab ()
After I read in the Event thread that people have issues with desert hill I guess that something might not be right with the installer.
After I've run the installer, Fall of Berlin was completely unplayable for me. I suffered from the same issues like recent crashes from the S&T pack.
Just to be sure I manually installed theĀ 4GB Patch and the map has been completely fine.
Desert Hill is a pretty complicated map now with a huge amount of high quality textures from the newer vehicles. A test on this map didn't give me any issues after the 4GB patch.

The question for me is if the installer actually installed the fixed BF1942.exe. If certain conditions are matched the installer creates a backup file called BF1942.exe.bak before replacing the original exe. For a test could you please create a dummy BF1942.exe (for example renamed txt-file) and run the installer? Does it replace the file and create the backup?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2017-04-25, 2:15 PM | Message # 26
Colonel
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
The question for me is if the installer actually installed the fixed BF1942.exe. If certain conditions are matched the installer creates a backup file called BF1942.exe.bak before replacing the original exe. For a test could you please create a dummy BF1942.exe (for example renamed txt-file) and run the installer? Does it replace the file and create the backup?

Hm I just tried it out and it didn't replace the .txt nor did it create a new backup for it.

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2017-04-28, 5:17 PM | Message # 27
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Which version of BF1942 are you using: CD, Origin or some download version?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

XenanabDate: Friday, 2017-04-28, 6:21 PM | Message # 28
Colonel
I am currently using the mediafire BF1942 version that is available for download.

(HH)BenjaminDate: Saturday, 2017-04-29, 4:33 PM | Message # 29
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
Xenanab, could you please provide a link to that Mediafire download? I haven't been able to find it recently and it would be of much use to me for getting more people playing FHSW.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » FHSW 0.61 (m) (Release 11th April 2017)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: