[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » punkbuster for fhsw i need testers (m)
punkbuster for fhsw i need testers (m)
windows xp vista 7 8 8.1 10 linux or mac os
1. older versions of windows [ 0 ] [0.00%]
2. windows xp [ 0 ] [0.00%]
3. windows vista [ 0 ] [0.00%]
4. windows 7 [ 8 ] [53.33%]
5. windows 8 or 8.1 [ 1 ] [6.67%]
6. windows 10 [ 5 ] [33.33%]
7. linux with wine [ 1 ] [6.67%]
8. mac os [ 0 ] [0.00%]
Answers total: 15
E-3Date: Sunday, 2018-07-15, 1:26 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
to know if pb is going to have any major inpack I need to know your  Operating system version and I also need to know why you on that  Operating system

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

LampoDate: Sunday, 2018-07-15, 3:27 PM | Message # 2
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
why am I on w10 ??? It was free when I' bought the new lappi  smile

bubuDate: Sunday, 2018-07-15, 4:53 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Admins
Windows 7, because vista and 8.1 is disaster and win10 feels meh to me. And too lazy to do wine :P

Message edited by bubu - Sunday, 2018-07-15, 4:54 PM

xxpollenzxxDate: Monday, 2018-07-16, 0:02 AM | Message # 4
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Same as bubu.

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2018-07-18, 6:32 PM | Message # 5
Lieutenant Colonel
who is the guy playing on Windows 8.1  I need you for testing

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2018-07-18, 6:33 PM

skelepietDate: Sunday, 2018-07-22, 3:59 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Awards: 6
Me Playing on 8.1 Torquemada.

Message edited by skelepiet - Sunday, 2018-07-22, 4:11 AM

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:15 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant Colonel
Torquemada.  see pm

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:15 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
EA 117 has been running punkbuster for years now I myself have no problems joining the server and playing on it
I had similar experiences on other servers running punkbuster but I'm an experienced computer user so that account for the fact that I'm able to do these things and the average Battlefield player is only comfortable in using an installer and things that are completely automated so this is the reason why we don't have punkbuster now but ea117 seem to have automated this process with just a simple set of installers.

with the reason accusations against zzzMosquitozzz  I'm prompted to make this post. I love the fhsw community  I hate to see it fall apart because of cheating or cheat accusations  as an admin I feel myself helpless to stop this as we don't have any tools at this point to prove or disprove if somebody is cheating  and I really hate to do wrong,  only if there is proof by screenshot or video which cannot be denied would I ban somebody from the server as this player shows no respect to the players or the game.
as an admin are most important Duty is to stay neutral  and only judge upon proof.
punkbuster will provide us with these tools but only if we can make it usable on the user side without causing more problems.
so with that out of the way I need guinea pigs to join my server and test punkbuster,  but only if you are an experience computer user should you attempt this for now, because punkbuster installs deeply into your system and uninstalling it isn't going to be easy if it doesn't uninstall  so if you're an experienced computer user and are comfortable uninstalling things manually and installing them manually if this is necessary feel free to participate in this test.
I also have to be on the server at the same time so I can take screenshot from your side of the screen to see if   punkbuster Returns usable screenshots  or just black screens which is a common problem  with punkbuster  in the days I was a  desert combat admin.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
so here is the install guide for punkbuster

( freeware version bf1942 you can get on torrent or abandonware sites already have pb you just need to update it you can skip part 1 and 2)

( ea origin version of bf1942 does not have punkbuster core files but it has pb enable button   you can skip part 1 and 2 )

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
part 1
for cd rom version only!

check if you have 1.6 or 1.61  installed with punkbuster start bf1942
see if you have the pb button in your main menu see screenshot if you have pb button you can skip the full reinstall of bf1942 you can now move to part 3

______________________________________________________________________________________________
part 2 only if don't see the pb button in main menu!
if you dont have the pb button you have to do a full reinstall  of your battlefield 1942 and install patch 1.6 and now install pb
see screenshot

you can find the full  bf1942 install guide here  http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5308
and fhsw guide here
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/21-896-1
but don't use  the old 3 part fh installers  please use this fh installer
https://www.moddb.com/mods....ll-win7
( you see why later)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
part3

you need to install tankpunkbuster update here link and Extract the contained file
http://ea117dcfanfavorites.com/TanksPBupdate.zip
Run this as Administrator
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
when you have cd rom or freeware or torrent version you have to change the install directory into
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb 32 bit windows
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942\pb 64 bit windows
--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
when you have the EA origin version of bf1942 you have to change the install directory into
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\pb   64 bit windows
or
C:\Program Files\Origin Games\Battlefield 1942\pb    32bit windows

Double check that you installed punkbuster in the correct   folder  named  PB if you don't have this folder make it

see screenshot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to leave the "Launch TankPanZeR's BF1942 Punkbuster Update" checkbox enabled when pressing "Finish" at the completion of the install: see screenshot

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
( you can skip part 4 if you have a installed updated version  of  battlefield 2 battlefield 3 or battlefield 4 you already have pb core files
move to 5 firewall check )

part 4 punkbuster  core service
download pb testing software here link    http://www.ea117dcfanfavorites.com/PB42setup.zip
Extract the contained files delete the folder PB42setup you dont need this
now run pb testing setup run pbsvc.exe  and Run this as Administrator do install/re-install punkbuster and click next when the installer is done and you had successfully install without errror or you had errors you can move to part 5
see screenshot

______________________________________________________________________________________
part5 make sure  pb is not blocked by windows firewall or third party firewall you need to open your firewall and have bf1942.exe  PnkBstrA.exe  PnkBstrB.exe unblocked for inbound and outbound traffic
see screenshot if you have the windows firewall

you can find PnkBstrA.exe  PnkBstrB.exe in
C:\Windows\SysWOW64   64bit windows
or
C:\Windows\system32      32 bit windows
when your firewall is no longer blocking pb you can rerun the test from part 4 if you had errors if you didn't get errors and the test was successfully done you can now move to part 6

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
part 6 check your administration and compatibility mode settings.

one of three possibilities could have happened to compatibility mode  in the past.

1   you could be running the game without any form of compatibility mode.

2  you're running the game with Windows 98 compatibility mode.

3  you're running the game with Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mod.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
check if you have  battlefield 1942  Windows Vista /  Windows 7  compatibility fix  installed. go to add and remove programs  to check this and if you have this your done you have nothing more to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2  you have bf1942.exe set to compatibility mode Windows 98  it probably means you're using the old forgotten hope installer you will have to reinstall forgotten hope from this new installer

https://www.moddb.com/mods....ll-win7
and you will have to remove Windows 98 compatibility mode because punkbuster and Windows 98 compatibility mode does not work  and set it to Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mode and Run this as Administrator (see screenshot) or you can remove compatibility mode entirely goto part6A
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 you're running the game with Windows XP service pack 3 compatibility mod  your done you have nothing more to do.
you can optionally move away from compatibility mode entirely see part 6A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
part 6A
optional moving away from compatibility mode entirely  this will allow for a faster loading of fhsw  and remove most compatibility issues with bf1942 by downloading this fix
https://www.moddb.com/games....ity-fix
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

that's it you have nothing more to do.
you're now guinea pig ready to join my server the first time you probably be kicked because punkbuster hasn't fully initialised  but the second time you join up it should work

here is my server running pb https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/84.104.210.72:14567/

Message edited by E-3 - Friday, 2018-07-06, 6:17 AM

LampoDate: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:15 PM | Message # 9
Donator of 40€
up
zorro 

put this thread on main page please.

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:15 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant Colonel
update on punkbuster testing  so far  the screenshot tool has work for the most part but I still have some issues with punkbuster which I'm not going to  discuss in the public forum.
I pm marduk about this.
here are some screenshots the first  is very zoomed in  but punkbuster hasn't been set properly

thanks for your help michal64 lol  I never knew  Linux wine  and punkbuster would mix.

the 2nd is when I have punkbuster properly set

Message edited by E-3 - Saturday, 2018-07-07, 2:08 AM

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:16 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant Colonel
update pb testing i can take screenshot of any player who joined up on my server but  still need testers who are on nvidia drivers
so If you have an Nvidia graphics card and you are on Windows 8 8.1 or 10 please post here

and  here the test ss from bubu radio and gameplayer

Message edited by E-3 - Saturday, 2018-07-14, 11:49 PM

E-3Date: Monday, 2018-07-23, 11:16 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant Colonel
punkbuster update testing is now complete nothing more to do I'm ready to do general public testing  don't use the old punkbuster installers they are now obsolete here's the download link
to new version https://onedrive.live.com/?authke....=locate 
 this version of punkbuster would automatically install all you need to do is
remove compatibility mode from bf1942 and your ready to play on pb

I would suggest that we do a more general test on a punkbuster test server now thats it ready

Message edited by E-3 - Saturday, 2018-08-18, 6:17 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » FHSW Corner » punkbuster for fhsw i need testers (m)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: