[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Map making (m)
Map making (m)
switchbreedDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 5:45 PM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Recruit
Awards: 0
Hello fellow FHSW fans, I was wondering if there is somekind of patch for battlecraft so that you can make FHSW maps? I cant find anything and I would love to give it a try if i could get my hands on the right material.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 6:19 PM | Message # 2
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Stefan made a pretty good map some time ago, I hope he still knows how he did it biggrin http://www.bf-games.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=42164

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

switchbreedDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 8:31 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Would be nice if he had the config and lst for FHSW. One problem I don't speak german.

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 8:33 PM | Message # 4
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
BC42 is an obsolete app. AFAIK there is no Battlecraft .lst file that contains all objects from current FHSW version. Another issue is that BC42 has limit of objects that may be loaded into program. This thing would force mappers to split objects database into multiple .lst files (let say a 1000 per file, i dont know the exact number); and that's also what FH mappers have been struggling with.
Fortunately there is an alternative called Editor42, thats newer app that works with every mod; FHSW mappers use this program. The only thing you have to do before starting using this, is unpacking .RFA archives which you want to use (models, textures and edited map rfa)

switchbreedDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 8:50 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
ooh yeah I read about the limits. Then I wont even try BC42 im installing ED42 as i type. Thanks mate very helpful reply!

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 9:00 PM | Message # 6
Accessory Admin
no problem. Many of ED42 functions are handled by keyboard shortcuts. Just get familiar with this Editor42 Keyboard shortcuts

switchbreedDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 9:48 PM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Hm im encountering a problem everytime im trying to use textures ED42 crashes when i left click, its also pitchblack.

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 10:17 PM | Message # 8
Accessory Admin
Are you sure you have setup everything fine? Tutorial
Also the latest version is 0.41.

switchbreedDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 11:17 PM | Message # 9
Sergeant
Good god simplest fix ever. THis is how it looked in the init:

editor.path.texture d:\bf1942\ed42\bfdev\texture

but i added "\" after texture so it looks like:

editor.path.texture d:\bf1942\ed42\bfdev\texture\

and now it works!

EDIT:
Now my new problem is I can't load maps if i load them i get a crash when the ini looks like this:
editor.path.level $basePath\bf1942\levels\

and when it looks like this i just get "could not load level in config" :
editor.path.level $basePath\bf1942\levels\tobruk\

What is wrong?

I have assumed that you have to use an old map as template as i cant find any options for gamemode and such in ED42.

Message edited by switchbreed - Friday, 2012-04-06, 4:55 AM

switchbreedDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 3:28 AM | Message # 10
Sergeant
Kind of bumping this really need help here. Sorry for double post. But how do you make a map from scratch in ED42? I mean i cant choose gamemode or anything and when i set out object spawners they disappear when i re-load the map even if I've saved. Its annoying to have to use an old map as a template because I have to first delete all the thousands of objects.

And i can only load FHSW specific maps. If i load FH maps that are in FHSW ED42 crashes....

Message edited by switchbreed - Monday, 2012-04-09, 3:50 AM

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 12:09 PM | Message # 11
Accessory Admin
Sorry Switchbreed, my knowledge is limited to google links; I haven't had any work done in ED42. I suggest you to visit http://bfmods.com/forum/ and google. Sorry again

GreenShiftDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 2:47 PM | Message # 12
SSM Modder
Group: Trusted
To be honest, Ive tried to use both BattleCraft and Ed42 and theyre both a pain in the ass. I spent days trying to get them to function correctly and eventually gave up. Now if your goal is to make a map from scratch this wont work but I extract the maps using winRFA and make my changes via text. Only thing you cant do I think is change terrain features. You have to load up the map and use the command "console.showstats 1" to find the xyz coordinates of where you want to place things. Then after a few edits you have to apply the patch, find out what needs to be moved up/down/etc, resulting in a lot of map loading which becomes a pain in the ass fairly quickly but (to me) it was still less work than dealing with those damned editors lol

switchbreedDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 4:21 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Hm i think I solved the crashes. In order to load lets say aberdeen from FHSW i have to also open Aberdeen from FH and BF42. I've managed to open Alpenfestung-1945 now without a crash and that was possible by opening both the Alpenfestung-1945.rfa from FH and FHSW.

GreenShiftDate: Monday, 2012-04-09, 11:25 PM | Message # 14
SSM Modder
Well that sounds like a right pain in the ass

KhaineDate: Thursday, 2012-04-12, 8:53 PM | Message # 15
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Instead of making a map from scratch with Ed42, you should make your heighmap with BC42. Or you could also open an already existing map from FHSW and edit it a lot.

switchbreedDate: Saturday, 2012-04-14, 3:35 PM | Message # 16
Sergeant
Downloading BC42 again then! Im not giving up yet, I want to make at least one map!

switchbreedDate: Sunday, 2012-04-15, 5:35 PM | Message # 17
Sergeant
Hmm Ive managed to make a map now and it appears in FHSW but without the FHSW icon AND it crashes... )=

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-04-15, 5:59 PM | Message # 18
General
Awards: 38
I have no idea of map making but here's my try. Since the symbol doesn't show up I guess that the map isn't set to FHSW. Do you know how to open .rfa files?

You can set the mod in the [mapname]\menu\init.con file:

The symbol should appear after that.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

switchbreedDate: Sunday, 2012-04-15, 6:28 PM | Message # 19
Sergeant
Now i can find it in FHSW (but no FHSW icon) and i get the notorious FHSW load times but it crashes right at the end of the loading.

The FHSW icon should be an easy fix but. And if i can fix the crash this will be awesome.

switchbreedDate: Sunday, 2012-04-15, 10:46 PM | Message # 20
Sergeant
Alright got it to work now almost. We hosted a dedicated server. But only one player can join when another player join it crashes.

EDIT:
does anyone know what this does?:

Game.spawnPlayers

Message edited by switchbreed - Monday, 2012-04-16, 10:44 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Map making (m)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: