[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Serversidemodding (r)
Serversidemodding (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2012-07-23, 10:46 PM | Message # 81
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote (Mr_J)
Longer vehicle respawn on the following maps:

Neuen 1944 - Jagdpanther, Jagdpanzer F
Midway - Yamato, Mogami, USS Dakota, USS Atlanta
Eastern Blitz - polish bombers, one of two PZL.37 Łoś has been removed
Hungary Forest - Jagdtas
The Great Pursuit - Jagdtas L/71
Caen - heavy tanks
Operation Forager - Light tanks
Remagen - JagdTiger
Trois Points - static M36s on bridge, JagdTiger, Superpershing

Berlin Outskirts - SU100 was replaced with ISU130 (for testing, as this gun is not available anywhere)

I approve your changes, I like these small adjustments because I usually prefer the "pure" experience created by the devs. But I don't say no to 1 or 2 vehicle changes. smile

One thing that bothers me though, is that on Remagen the German HQ can be capped from the start, it takes three people to cap it but one is enough to neutralise it. So one lonely pilot can just parachute in and "ruin" the map. I don't know if it's possible but it would be great to make it push style, HQ=2, all other flags=1, like on Sand Storm I think.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2012-07-23, 11:04 PM | Message # 82
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Yes Eye! That is one thing that makes me angry too on Remagen. Would be very nice if that change is possible.

My second question is to increase the range of sight on Prokhorovka43. Don´t know if possible but if, it would be nice smile

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 12:38 PM | Message # 83
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Robert_von_Eberhahn)
My wish is that you edit a few maps where the Messerschmitt 262 is located.

Alpinefortress - Heimatschützer
Bombing the reich45 - Schwalbe with r4m rockets and Pulkzerstörer
Operation blacknight - Schwalbe Nightfighter
Breakthrough - Schwalbe and Sturmvogel

could you translate that to alphanumeric variant codes? Eg. A-1, C. etc...
In FHSW i can see 5 variants to be available:
A-1a, A1a/U4, B, C, N,. I don't see version with R4M though

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
I approve your changes, I like these small adjustments because I usually prefer the "pure" experience created by the devs. But I don't say no to 1 or 2 vehicle changes.

Default respawn time on most maps is 1-3 minutes for tanks. It's not fair when, let's say Russians, spend 20 minutes to destroy KT on The Great Pursuit and it respawns after 3 minutes thereafter. In other words, by default respawns were matched to servers filled with players like the Umeboshi.

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
One thing that bothers me though, is that on Remagen the German HQ can be capped from the start, it takes three people to cap it but one is enough to neutralise it. So one lonely pilot can just parachute in and "ruin" the map. I don't know if it's possible but it would be great to make it push style, HQ=2, all other flags=1, like on Sand Storm I think.

TO be honest I have no idea wheter push can be done via SSM. What I can do now is lowering players number needed to cap this flag to 2 or so, OR / And disable parachutes for Americans / increasing time needed to neutralise that flag

My second question is to increase the range of sight on Prokhorovka43. Don´t know if possible but if, it would be nice smile

That's not possible via SSM afaik sad But again, my knowldge is limited and maybe Eye knows as he is experienced with BF42 coding

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 3:46 PM | Message # 84
General
Awards: 45
@Mr J: I dont know about that vehicle. Just found that pic when I googled "Räumpanther". It obviously is an improvisation, I reckon it has not been in use for long.

All vehicle spawn time changes seem to be sensible for me as well!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 4:11 PM | Message # 85
General
Quote (Mr_J)
TO be honest I have no idea wheter push can be done via SSM. What I can do now is lowering players number needed to cap this flag to 2 or so, OR / And disable parachutes for Americans / increasing time needed to neutralise that flag

I looked a bit into the Sandstorm files and I got it working for Remagen on my PC, but I'm not sure what is allowed to edit and what not to get it working on the server, too. I attached the file, maybe it works. One annoying thing that comes with Push mode is that you shouldn't fly too close to the flag:

I think we could make the cap radius + push cage smaller if it's too bothersome.

Quote (Mr_J)
That's not possible via SSM afaik But again, my knowldge is limited and maybe Eye knows as he is experienced with BF42 coding

Again I'm not sure if it's allowed to edit this, but you can do it here:

Attachments: Remagen_001.rfa (53.0 Kb)

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 5:13 PM | Message # 86
Lieutenant General
Quote (Mr_J)
could you translate that to alphanumeric variant codes?

OK I do so.

Alpinefortress - Me 262 C-1a "Heimatschützer"
Bombing the reich45 - Me 262 A-1a "Schwalbe" with r4m rockets and Me 262 A-1a/U4 "Pulkzerstörer"
Operation blacknight - Me 262 B-1a/U1 "Nightfighter"
Breakthrough - Me 262 A-1a "Schwalbe" and Me 262 A-2 "Sturmvogel"

Uh I´m very disapointed and surprized sad I couldnt locate the 262 with the R4m rockets. I really can´t understand why they deleted it out of the mod. I know that it is available in FH Vanilla but why not in FHSW?!?! Ist it possible to pull it from FH to FHSW?!

Regards, der Eberhahn

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 5:45 PM

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 10:23 PM | Message # 87
Accessory Admin
Bombing the reich45 - Me 262 A-1a "Schwalbe" with r4m rockets and Me 262 A-1a/U4 "Pulkzerstörer"

1. It was here already
2. It was here already
3. Done
4. Done, but now it looks like Axis are a little bit overpowered. I've set longer respawn for Sturmvogel then

Ist it possible to pull it from FH to FHSW?!

I cant see that in FH files neither

@Eye, <strike>thx for your effort, unofrtunatelly both mods don't work via SSM sad </strike> BTW if you want to be 100% sure if a ssm mod works, fire up a dedicated server on your pc and join in using your own ip. Use separate files for the server

---------

I was trying to make a substitute of V1 / V2 rocket using X-4 Ruhrstahl missle but it explodes just after spawning :/ You have 2 sec to get inside and launch up to the sky, otherwise you will die inside of missle :P It spawns when Axis lose 4th flag. Additionaly they get 1 "Vergeltungswaffe 7". which appears in secret place. Those who played older FH versions knows where it is. I would like to see if it works online anyways.... and it will be removed if it will ruin gameplay

All mods are online already

EDIT:I have checked it out once again and Wow eye, your mod works online! You are genius!

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 10:56 PM | Message # 88
Lieutenant General
Quote (Mr_J)

1. It was here already
2. It was here already
3. Done
4. Done, but now it looks like Axis are a little bit overpowered. I've set longer respawn for Sturmvogel then

Hm I´m a bit confused. On Alpinefortress actually was only the Pulkzerstörer located. On Bombing the reich45 is actually the Pulkzerstörer too, SSM from Manns.
Unfortunatly my FH vanilla breaks down every time I try to start a map want to look after the type of messerschmitt is located there sad . Seems I have to check that out on the server anytime. But i know with a 100% that in FH is the 262 with r4m rocktes!
But many thx for changing the others smile !

Regards, der Eberhahn

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 10:57 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 11:58 PM | Message # 89
General
Wow, didn't expect it to work, cool. It was just clever copy/pasting, not really genius. biggrin

Quote (Mr_J)
I was trying to make a substitute of V1 / V2 rocket using X-4 Ruhrstahl missle but it explodes just after spawning :/ You have 2 sec to get inside and launch up to the sky, otherwise you will die inside of missle :P It spawns when Axis lose 4th flag. Additionaly they get 1 "Vergeltungswaffe 7". which appears in secret place. Those who played older FH versions knows where it is. I would like to see if it works online anyways.... and it will be removed if it will ruin gameplay

The Haunebu can't be destroyed afaik, so it's probably imbalanced, but I'd like to see it at least once in multiplayer, too.

Funny idea with the Hs293. smile Although not really realistic to use an anti ship glide bomb as rocket, I'm intrigued to try it out. Did you just replace the artillery gun with the rocket to make it work or was there more coding required?

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

MannsDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-25, 2:35 AM | Message # 90
Colonel
Group: Blocked
Awards: 11
Hi Robert

Why are you so unhappy with the Pulk on Bombing the reich ?

Now its at least balanced, I mean: If you are in the real Me262 allies got no chance, thats a compliment wink

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-25, 11:44 AM | Message # 91
Accessory Admin
I see that me262 variant codes seem to be misleading. For example Night version is marked "N" in FHSW while there was no Me262-N as the Wiki says. So correct me if I'm wrong:

Heimatschützer - rocket boosted variant?
Pulkzerstörer - 50 mm cannon variant?
Nightfighter - radar variant?
Sturmvogel - bomber variant?

But i know with a 100% that in FH is the 262 with r4m rocktes!

Well, there is a me262 with rockets in FH, thats true. Sadly it was replaced with rocket boosted variant in FHSW.

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
Funny idea with the Hs293. smile Although not really realistic to use an anti ship glide bomb as rocket, I'm intrigued to try it out. Did you just replace the artillery gun with the rocket to make it work or was there more coding required?

Pure replacing. Actually it's a X-4 according to objects.rfa, since the Hs293 is a separate entry, models are the same however. You know that I'm far away from unreastic maps but Alpenfestung is kind of a testing range, a field for prototypes

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
The Haunebu can't be destroyed afaik, so it's probably imbalanced

Changing collision material number is possible via SSM as I read on bfmods.com

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-25, 12:24 PM | Message # 92
Lieutenant General
Quote (Mr_J)
I see that me262 variant codes seem to be misleading. For example Night version is marked "N" in FHSW while there was no Me262-N as the Wiki says. So correct me if I'm wrong:

Heimatschützer - rocket boosted variant?
Pulkzerstörer - 50 mm cannon variant?
Nightfighter - radar variant?
Sturmvogel - bomber variant?

Yes, you are right!

Quote (Mr_J)
Well, there is a me262 with rockets in FH, thats true. Sadly it was replaced with rocket boosted variant in FHSW.

Oh that is ... not really bad, but I can´t understand why they don´t use it?! It is a damned effektive weapon and it was in duty during the last months in WWII. Well if it is possible anyway please take it from FH and put it on bombing the reich. You would make me very happy biggrin cool !!!

Other experiments that you and eye are doing right now sounds very interesting! I´m looking forward to test them out in battles hands

Regards, der Eberhahn

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2012-07-28, 1:45 AM | Message # 93
Accessory Admin
Last replies were moved to a separate thread: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/24-232-1

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2012-08-05, 9:26 PM | Message # 94
Accessory Admin
Stashov Area - Maus and its counterbalanced opponent, the IS3, were removed. It's typical historical map so there is no place for them imo. Manns said that I did wrong, and what is your opinion?

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2012-08-05, 9:49 PM | Message # 95
General
Yes I'm for the removal of Maus+IS3, it's a 1944 map. They don't really fit.

But what about the KT? The map is based on the battles of the first KTs on the Eastern Front, so they should be on this map.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2012-08-05, 10:19 PM | Message # 96
Accessory Admin
There is a spawner for KT, 598.41 / 86.0438 / 1573.36, flag OSId 3. (Dunno where it is :P )

Mr_JDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-08, 10:32 PM | Message # 97
Accessory Admin
Alpenfestung:
*slower Arado respawn & start spawn delay,
+ haunebu spawns when 4th flag is capped by US soldiers,
+ a cage killing US soldiers, at haunebu spawn
+ praying mantis in allies main, (Manns' request)
- removed one b25

to be done:
+ killing zones at German Airfield (Robert's request)
* to make the Haunebu damageable (if that's possible via SSM)

Arcitc Convoy:

* Waaay slower british fleet respawn. Large units never respawn now

@Eye: is the 25m radius the largest available one for cages?

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-08, 11:23 PM | Message # 98
Lieutenant General
Great job! Looking forward to play that maps with that features! Many thanks so far!!!

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-08, 11:53 PM | Message # 99
General
Quote (Mr_J)
@Eye: is the 25m radius the largest available one for cages?

I don't know. But the problem is that the killer cage is a sphere and the bigger it is the deadlier it is for planes which is very annoying. What I would prefer is making all the Ger vehicles + the two stationary 128 mm Flaks only usable by the German side. That should also keep the Allies away. smile

You just have to add
Code
ObjectTemplate.teamOnVehicle 1
to the vehicle in the ObjectSpawnTemplates.con

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2012-08-09, 0:07 AM | Message # 100
Accessory Admin
Good idea but this method is not perfect. For example, I tried using that command to disable Haunebu for US soldiers and it didn't work. When I've set value 1, axis couldn't get inside, same for value 2... I didn't know how to go around this so that's why i placed a cage around Haunebu. In other words it fails when a German vehicle spawn as a result of capturing a certain flag by allies.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Serversidemodding (r)
Search: