[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Serversidemodding (r)
Serversidemodding (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2013-03-16, 6:34 PM | Message # 141
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Quote (Mr_J)
I decided to do an experiment with vehicle wrecks. So wreck living time was raised from default 10 seconds to 3,5-4min, at the moment on the following maps only:
- Kharkov Outskirts
- A day of Zitadelle
- Prokhorovka

I'm not really a fan of the increased wreck/body time but I can live with it if the players want it.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 0:20 AM | Message # 142
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote (Mr_J)
I decided to do an experiment with vehicle wrecks. So wreck living time was raised from default 10 seconds to 3,5-4min, at the moment on the following maps only:- Kharkov Outskirts
- A day of Zitadelle
- Prokhorovka

Nice idea! Good locations to take cover behind!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 6:59 PM | Message # 143
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Endless_Nameless)
Quote (Mr_J)
I decided to do an experiment with vehicle wrecks. So wreck living time was raised from default 10 seconds to 3,5-4min, at the moment on the following maps only:
- Kharkov Outskirts
- A day of Zitadelle
- Prokhorovka

I'm not really a fan of the increased wreck/body time but I can live with it if the players want it.

Why? Does your game lags? Actually the vehicles wrecks are low detailed version of their base so they wouldn't affect the performance as much as the soldier bodies.

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2013-03-17, 7:56 PM | Message # 144
General
The mod can be laggy at times, especially on sea maps. But also on inf maps with tons of dead bodies lying everywhere. Disconnects are also very frequent. If anything we should lower the stress on the server not further increase it.

I liked the increased time for bodies first but it's more of an annoyance now especially inside of buildings.

But it's just a minor complain and of course we can try it.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 5:08 PM | Message # 145
General
One thing I noticed but always forgot to mention: On Bizerte it's almost impossible for Axis to win, the devs also noticed that and did some ssm. Not sure what they exactly changed but let's try it: ftp://princeumeboshi2.servegame.com/modfile....943.rfa

Thanks smile

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 8:57 PM | Message # 146
Accessory Admin
Omaha: Keep the current bunkers unrecapable (if that's a word) but Allies
should bleed until they cap the flag after the 2 bunkers. Axis bleed
when Allies cap all but the last flag.

How about

beach - 0
bunker east- 20
bunker west - 20
middle flag - 30
north bunker - 30
german base - 40

?

Looks like it meets your wish. Do you think we should disable the cliff ladder at one go?

Warsaw Uprising: Flag count is good, but no ticket bleed even when Germany has
all flags. Suggestion: Poland only bleeds when Germany holds all flags,
but Germany should bleed as long as Poland holds two flags. Just as a
test, it should be difficult for Germany to get control over the city
(like in RL).
Done...

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
One thing I noticed but always forgot to mention: On Bizerte it's almost impossible for Axis to win, the devs also noticed that and did some ssm. Not sure what they exactly changed but let's try it: ftp://princeumeboshi2.servegame.com/modfile....943.rfaThanks smile
ok i trust you so I uploaded this file but I don't like Umeboshi ssm, since as you said, I never know what actually I'm uploading

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 10:30 PM | Message # 147
General
Big thanks man, much appreciated. cool

Quote (Mr_J)
Looks like it meets your wish. Do you think we should disable the cliff ladder at one go?

I don't know, has there been a problem with it? If you think so do it, I don't have an opinion there.

The Prince Umeboshi ssm is endorsed by FHSWman & Co, because they post the changes on the FHSWdev twitter account. They are usually bug fixes and small balance changes (adding or removing a tank, increasing/decreasing spawn time) from what I can gather via translator. I looked into the Bizerte.rfa and in ObjectSpawns.con at the end is a section called

Code
rem -----------------------------------------  
rem ---  0.51 SSM add ---
rem -----------------------------------------

under which you can see the changes. Not sure if that's the case for every map though.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 10:30 PM | Message # 148
Accessory Admin
In my opinion we should increase the respawn time of bombers on El Alamein. Anyone agrees?

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 10:30 PM | Message # 149
General
Yes.

And I also suggest to make some changes to Moscow Outskirts, the amount and quality of Russian armor is a bit extreme (2 x T-34, 2 x T-34/57, KV-1, KV-3, KV-8). Maybe use the PrinceUmeboshi ssm again? They removed 2 T-34 and added a Stuka kit.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DeathDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 10:30 PM | Message # 150
Colonel
Awards: 13
Even though I won't be there I think maybe removing the kv3 and 1 t34 would be fine. kv3 is a bit overkill for that map and yeah way too many russian tanks that kick ass.

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2013-05-07, 10:30 PM | Message # 151
General
Awards: 45
@Mr J: I agree. What about seven mins. respawn time for each plane?

Btw. lets please switch the thread. This one is for events...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2013-05-24, 3:41 PM | Message # 152
General
Quote (marduk)
@Mr J: I agree. What about seven mins. respawn time for each plane?

I wouldn't go from one extreme to the other, start with a small adjustment, e. g. add 30 s.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2013-05-24, 8:03 PM | Message # 153
Accessory Admin
ok so i adjusted el ala, moscow and reichsbahn (Marduk asked me)...

Stefan1990Date: Friday, 2013-05-24, 8:16 PM | Message # 154
General
Awards: 10
What abaut a us arty battery on the airfield of Alpenfestung?!

More Smoke kits for us troops on omaha beach at the beach flag.

SimoHayhaDate: Friday, 2013-05-24, 11:02 PM | Message # 155
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
is there a bomber kit on el alamein? if not i think there should be at least one on each side..

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

mardukDate: Thursday, 2013-05-30, 8:30 AM | Message # 156
General
Awards: 45
We got one problem on two maps so far:
German tanks still keep respawning at a flag even when the allies got that flag.
It concerns the maps "Reichsbahn" (last flag) and "Liberation of Caen" (flag "German Hauptquartiere").

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2013-06-14, 9:28 PM | Message # 157
Accessory Admin
SSMed:
Operation Coronet:
-
I increased the respawn time of japanese middle flag guns
Desert Rose:
- Reduced British airforces

Quote (marduk)
We got one problem on two maps so far:German tanks still keep respawning at a flag even when the allies got that flag.
It concerns the maps "Reichsbahn" (last flag) and "Liberation of Caen" (flag "German Hauptquartiere").

Sorry about the late answer. The problem is that these tanks do spawn as result of certain flags being
captured by allies, so in fact they are axis reinforcement. If I assigned the
Panzers spawner to the flag held by Germans, then the tanks will stop
spawning, but their 'reinforcementing role' will be gone, as Germans get
them available from begining. Dunno If expressed myself enough.

starking018Date: Monday, 2013-06-17, 5:29 PM | Message # 158
Colonel
Group: Friends
Quote (Mr_J)
- Kharkov Outskirts
- A day of Zitadelle
- Prokhorovka

On first thought it sounds like a nice idea. Your intention to have more realism is good, however in this case there is a huge difference between intentions and actual effects. I don't think you did sufficient testing (indeed, there are some problems that emerge only when testing with many players).
First, the wrecks block spawns. When a vehicle is destroyed where it spawns, as it happens often, the new vehicle can't respawn. You are forced to wait more than the normal spawn time, because the wreck has to disappear first. This is completely senseless.
Second, they block the way of other vehicles. Sometimes they block the only way to some flags, hangars, bridges, etc. and there is no practical way to get the wreck out of the way. Maybe you could argue that this is a legitimate tactic. However, when players start purposefully using it, I think you will quickly see that nothing good comes out of it.
Third, they lead to more game crashes. I've noticed that many times when a collision or a series of collisions involve 3 or more vehicles and some of the vehicles explode, at least one of the players involved gets a crash to desktop. When wrecks stay longer, the chance of this happening increases.
Those are things that only lead to less actual playing and more waiting, putting up with strange arcade (i.e. non-realistic) elements of the game and generally limiting gameplay.
I propose that the mod be removed from Prokhorovka. For Kharkov Outskirts, A day of Zitadelle and any other maps that might be considered for adding this mod to, a careful study should be made (such as what are the spawn times for vehicles, are there any strategic bottlenecks such as bridges, are there aircraft for both teams on the map, etc.) before running this mod.

Quote (marduk)
What about seven mins. respawn time for each plane?

This is also something that can only limit the players' chance to actually play the game. It encourages the enemy to simply destroy the unoccupied planes on the ground to deny the enemy's ability to use them for about a quarter of the entire round. It can change the whole balance of the map completely to one side for long periods of time. I hope you meant each of the two sides' medium bombers (He 111, Wellington) and not all planes, because that would completely ruin the balance. When one team achieves air superiority once, the other team wouldn't even have the ability to challenge them, simply because they wouldn't have any aircraft, and as a result that team would not be able to get out of their main for at least seven minutes (because all aircraft will attack anything on the ground).
This is again something that limits players' options and doesn't achieve anything good. If you see something bad to be fixed, lets identify the problem correctly and think of something better. Maybe we can find an actual solution, not just compromises.
I, for one, see it this way on El Alamein: the Wellington, when occupied with multiple airmen is too tough to shoot down (mainly because it repairs too fast). Almost impossible for one aircraft alone. My proposal: a better fighter for Axis. The two Bf 109 modifications there (don't remember exactly) both have poor maneuverability and not enough firepower (I think it even survived direct hits with 250kg bombs, which is ridiculous) to shoot the Wellington down. One of the better Bf 109 modifications or any of the Fw 190 modifications should make it fairer. Then let them respawn normally (restore the original spawn time) and fight again.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Monday, 2013-06-17, 5:37 PM

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2013-06-17, 7:32 PM | Message # 159
Accessory Admin
allright, I removed the wreck mod so you are gonna see if it leads to better game stability.

However I would like to see more opinions on Ela ala planes

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2013-06-17, 8:09 PM | Message # 160
General
Interesting posting and I agree with most of it.

I very rarely fly fighters on El Al so I don't know how the balance is there. My only request is to add planes which fit in the time frame, so no Bf109 K-10 please. tongue

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Serversidemodding (r)
Search: