[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Alpenfestung, what could be better? (r)
Alpenfestung, what could be better? (r)
Fritz-KempfDate: Saturday, 2014-02-08, 3:49 PM | Message # 1
FHSW Wikia Admin
Group: Admins
Awards: 12
Hi folks! I was thinking about Alpenfestung, how it can be bether.

First: remove the current push map and replace it. I know, there is a ppush map system in the mod wich make sure that the map is not broken. Flag 1, 2 and 4 are captured by the Germans. Flag 3, 5 and 6 is in American hands. The push map wich i am talking about make sure that Flag 3 and 4 still can be captured. So the Americans need to capture flag 4 and the Germans need to capture flag 3. I have no idea where this system is, but im sure its excists in the mod.

Second: when you are general of an airfield wich hide secret weapons. Wich defence will you do aroun that airfield? I hope bether then the current one. I have some idea's. Remove the spawn aircrafts to the other side of the airfield together with the hangar with the Me262 and the Arado bomber. The current base stay nearly the same, only one flah turm was removed to the aircraft parc and the airfield is connected with an underground tunnel with the tank parc, like the map Sandstorm. The airfield can only be entered via one gate at the tank parc. Around the airfield, a strong defence like a high fence. Set another flag at the new airbase so there is one more flag need to be capture to destroy the German army.

mayerDate: Saturday, 2014-02-08, 9:00 PM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Recruit
Awards: 15
I don't like the idea of repositioning the hangar to the edge of the map, neither do i like the suggestion of adding the flakturm (which is ahistorical because the map is based on a fictional battle against Werwolf commando units and regular SS near Berchtesgarden while flak towers were only build in cities (berlin, hamburg, vienna))

Well about the defences, I agree that it should be more difficult to capture the airfield but paks should stay vulnerable to air attacks. Maybe add some props to hinder movement (trenches, tank traps, sandbags)

Fritz-KempfDate: Saturday, 2014-02-08, 11:55 PM | Message # 3
FHSW Wikia Admin
Im talking about the small flak bunkers. wink

mayerDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 0:28 AM | Message # 4
Admin
wouldn't look good either to have it right next to the factory. Flak positions were set in range of valuable assets but not in immediate proximity.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 2:02 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
If you ask me, the thing that should be really improved on this map is the issue that allies can steal MAUS , KT , JT and Jagdpanther w/ autoloader.

It is possible to make these entities impossible for allied team to enter! A simple change in the ObjectSpawnTemplate's con file.

The problem is, that the allied team won't win this map by coordinating a good assault on the airfield, but by taking a parachute, bail over the base and jump into the mentioned tanks.
This destroys the purpose of this pushmap system and makes a pretty messed up ending for the axis team .....

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2014-02-09, 2:03 AM

SimoHayhaDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 3:06 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 4
Quote Xenanab ()
If you ask me, the thing that should be really improved on this map is the issue that allies can steal MAUS , KT , JT and Jagdpanther w/ autoloader.
i agree, especially when they taxi with plane from allied main at begining of the game

. . . . ./▌ ︻╦╤─
. . ░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
. ▂▄▅████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

mardukDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 10:37 AM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 45
First of all, I like the idea of improving old maps instead of just adding new ones with other stuff that has to be fixed later.
I think the installation of a fence around the airfield is a really good and easy thing to do. Lets do that!
Also, I like to set up a battery of two 280 mm howitzers at the airfield.
Regarding the flag, I think it would be most easy to just put it somewhere, where it cannot be reached by tanks but only by infantry, for example in the unused backrooms of the hangar.

I want to improve the map Remagen with little changes as well. I want woods on the eastern side of the rhine and on the hills because it would be historically accurat and a good hiding for infantry.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mayerDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 11:18 AM | Message # 8
Admin
The problem is that we can only suggest these changes to the FHSW-team. It's not worth creating own versions of FHSW maps when they won't be in a release.

Fritz-KempfDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 1:13 PM | Message # 9
FHSW Wikia Admin
Quote Xenanab ()
The problem is, that the allied team won't win this map by coordinating a good assault on the airfield, but by taking a parachute, bail over the base and jump into the mentioned tanks.
This destroys the purpose of this pushmap system and makes a pretty messed up ending for the axis team .....

I found the push map system i want and that is on the map "FHT Operation Longcloth - 1943". Impossible to break!
About using aircraft, im working this via the admins to have a rulez about this. For its its not alowed because people who want to use an aircrafts and get no aircraft, because another person use it as taxi, are not happy about this. About the Maus and Jagdtiger etc, indeed! Germans can also not enter the T-29, SFIK.

Quote mayer ()
The problem is that we can only suggest these changes to the FHSW-team. It's not worth creating own versions of FHSW maps when they won't be in a release.

We can show this to them? I will show it to FHSWman via Twitter, lets see what he think.

Mr_JDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 1:54 PM | Message # 10
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
There had been a SSM done, involving two invisible death bubbles around vehicles spawn at Axis airfield, before we got the FHSW updated. The purpose was to physically halt Allies from going there, if the previous, 5th flag (church) was not capped by them. I think I'm gonna redo this mod again.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 8:03 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Quote Mr_J ()
I think I'm gonna redo this mod again.

Very apreciating that!!!

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Alpenfestung, what could be better? (r)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: