[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2015-01-11, 5:19 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
A Day of Zitadelle
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

Air Raid Alert Kure
  • replaced Ise with Oyodo (Ise causes crash)
  • removed japanese repair ship so the objective fleet units do not get repaired on their own any longer
  • moved Allied airplanes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • removed auto resupply of B29

Alpenfestung
  • removed 20 landvehicles to reduce disconnects and lag
  • moved 203 mm howitzer to Axis airfield
  • killercage size reduced from 25 m to 5 m
  • increased time to capture a flag

Arctic Convoy Mod
  • removed 1 supply ship

Arnhem
  • Removed: Panthers, JagdPanther, Panzer IV Ausf. H, StuG 3G, one of two Tigers
  • Removed: Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad. Reason: decreasing the probability of the most northern flag back capping at the beginning of a game
  • Added: SturmTiger - it doesn't get spawned immediately at the beginning of a round, you need to wait a few minutes for it to appear; it DOESN'T GET RESPAWNED once destroyed!
  • Added: Brummbar and second Puma
  • Added: One Sdkfz.251 and one SdKfz251/9 Stummel as the replacement of Kubelwagen and Kettenkrad
  • Changed: Slightly increased respawn time of vehicles
  • Changed: Initial spawn time of the Tiger was delayed by few minutes
  • PIAT ammo changed from 2 to 4
  • all 6 pounders are mobile

Battle of Bougainville
  • lowered objective HP of Allied airfields

Battle of Britain
  • removed spawnpoints at Allied airfields

Battle of Gela
  • North flag caged
  • Beach flag cannot be recaptured by Axis team

Battle of Stalingrad
  • replaced MG Stuka with bomb Stuka

Berlin Outskirts
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)
  • replaced Maus with Elephant

Battle of Angaur
  • replaced Lion with Jenkins (Fletcher class destroyer)
  • the additional Japanese spawn point in the woods (south of flag 5) gets removed when Allies take the last flag
  • removed Japanese spawn APC
  • Aircraft carrier immobilized
  • replaced LST-1 with 2x LCT Mk 5 because it's bugged and causes lags

Bombing the Reich
  • lowered objective HP from 260.000 to 100.000

Desert Rose
  • Ark Royal spawns at the start to lock it for the Germans

El Alamein
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber
  • removed 2 fighter spawns for each side
  • increased plane respawn times
  • South flag in German possession at round start

Falaise pocket
  • Added: The southernmost flag was caged to avoid back-capping
  • Changed: Reduced the quantity of tanks

Fall Weiss
  • Added: Polish airfield flag was caged to avoid back-capping

FHT Hongkong
  • ticket bleed altered: Japanese bleed as long GB holds 3 flags

FHT Pasir Panjang
  • reduced pushcage size at rice field flag

Gazala
  • replaced bugged Wellington VII with regular Wellington bomber

Guadalcanal
  • fixed a bug which made the Japanese cruiser Agano not spawn, now spawns when Allies take the village flag because the Allied cruiser also only spawns when the Japanese take that flag
  • "Bloody Ridge" flag in US possession/"Village" flag in Japanese possession at round start

Ilomantsi
  • moved flag 4 to its original (pre 0.55) position for balance reasons

Invasion of the Philippines
  • Japanese airplanes don't respawn when US takes the last flag

Iwo Jima (vanilla)
  • Removed: All air counter spawns

Kharkov Winter
  • East flag in German possession at round start

Midway
  • increased submarine respawn time

Omaha Beach Charlie Sector
  • removed FT-17s

Operation Hailstone
  • increased respawn time of Allied carrier aircraft
  • removed repair ability of Japanese supply ships

Operation Kikusui Day 1
  • removed all Japanese ships except Yamato

Operation Kikusui Day 2
  • moved US ships and planes closer to Japanese base (distance now roughly the same as pre-0.55)
  • replaced HMS Lion with a second USS South Dakota (Lion causes crash)

Operation Rattrap
  • nerfed 50 lbs charge so it doesn't destroy all turrets of the Ratte with one blow

Operation Spring Awakening
  • removed 1 flag
  • replaced ISU 122 with SU-122P
  • reduced ticket bleed

Ramelle Neuville
  • Added: additional sandbag walls on the stone bridge to halt the German tanks. These go vanished as soon as both of "1st" flags get captured by Germans.

Reichsbahn
  • removed T-IV-100 (Russian Tiger)

Road to Ramelle
  • fixed a bug related to Radio B25 and Radio Stuka

Rheinubung
  • Battleships, Carrier: 4:55 - 5:05 min respawn time
  • Cruisers (Hood, Eugen): 3:50 - 4:00 min respawn time
  • Repair ships: 3:50 - 4:10 min respawn time
  • Destroyers: (Lance & Laforey) 1:30 min respawn time;
  • U-bots: 0:45 min respawn time
  • Removed Ju-88
  • He111-H-11 replaced with He111-Z Zwilling

Salerno
  • north and south flag cannot be recapped

Seelow Heights
  • reduced pushcage size

Spurning Fate Day
  • replaced one SU-76 with ZSU 37

Stalingrad Red Square
  • Prince Umeboshi ssm

The Forgotten Jungle
  • Allies have to cap beach flag first, all others are caged

The Storm
  • replaced T34 with T-34_1942

Tobruk
  • removed one Stuka
  • Stuka respawn time increased

Tulagi Island
  • North flag removed

Warsaw Uprising
  • Manholes no longer respawn
  • removed Panther and 14TP

Old thread: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-44-13

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris
  •  
    Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-02-29, 5:01 PM | Message # 221
    General
    Done.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Monday, 2016-02-29, 7:45 PM | Message # 222
    General
    Awards: 45
    Thank you! :)

Can we somehow edit Road to Ramelle? It is so big that it is just no fun to play it - even with 20-25 players sad Maybe we ca remove one of the flags south of the river (I would  prefer to remove the Eastern flag)?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Friday, 2016-03-25, 9:28 AM | Message # 223
    General
    I have an idea how to change easily (?) lots of maps in order to create new dynamics on those.

We have lots of maps that are static (maps that are not push-maps and have no flags that are not re-capable) like:
    -Aberdeen
    -Gazala
    -Kharkow Winter
    -El Alamein
    -Guadalcanal
    -Midway
    -Chartres
    -Prokhorovka
    -Battle of Valirisk
    -Battle of Orel
    -Kharkow Outskirts
    -Sector 318

It could change the start situation on those maps when the flag setting would be changed slightly. For instance:
    -El Alamein: make east flag British from the beginning
    -Kharkow Winter: make hill and west shore flags Russian from the beginning
    -Guadalcanal: make "the bloody ridge"-flag U.S. from the beginning, the village Japanese from the beginning

Those are just examples, basically dozens of new combinations are possible. I think it could change the whole dynamic on those maps because it would not always be the same start situation.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2016-03-27, 7:14 PM | Message # 224
    General
    Sounds also like a big change balance-wise, it could potentially help to balance some maps. But El Al is already in favor of GB so with an additional flag it would probably be even harder for Germans to win. Same with Kharkov. If we do it I would give Germany the flags.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this? It's a big chance so I don't want to do it with just one person suggesting it.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

(HH)BenjaminDate: Sunday, 2016-03-27, 7:40 PM | Message # 225
    Colonel
    Group: Trusted
    Awards: 9
    I'm supportive of the idea of redesigning some maps, not as in graphical or geological design, but game play design, such as the flags or ticket count, etc. I AM NOT SUPPORTIVE however of permanently changing maps to different game play designs though.

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2016-03-27, 10:03 PM | Message # 226
    Colonel
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    There is something odd about In the Hell of Bocage.

While Axis receive 2 Tigers for the defence of the last 2 flags, allies only get one single Sherman Firefly to take on them.
    That's fine by me, but the respawn time of that thing is waaaaay to long. (Must be like 5 - 10 minutes?)

If that respawn time would be shorter allies might manage to capture the last flags better without taking too many casualties (frustrated players on allied side)

Message edited by Xenanab - Sunday, 2016-03-27, 10:03 PM

mardukDate: Sunday, 2016-03-27, 10:04 PM | Message # 227
    General
    @Endless, Ben: I dont think its that much of a change. I see how many times flags change in one round on those maps. But anyway, we have been playing those maps for years with the same flag settings. So lets give it a try. We need a bit of a change to keep the game interesting.

My suggestions so far:
    El Alamein: Germans start with capped south flag
    Kharkow Winter: Germans start with capped east shore flag
    Guadalcanal: Allies start with capped "Bloody ridge"-flag, Japanes with capped village flag

Just throw in your ideas!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 2:45 AM | Message # 228
    Colonel
    I would be supportive of those suggestions.

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2016-03-29, 6:01 PM | Message # 229
    General
    Quote marduk ()
    El Alamein: Germans start with capped south flag
    Kharkow Winter: Germans start with capped east shore flag
    Guadalcanal: Allies start with capped "Bloody ridge"-flag, Japanes with capped village flag

Done, but not tested. Report back if it crashes.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2016-03-29, 7:22 PM | Message # 230
    General
    @Endess: Thanks! The maps work fine.

Furher ideas:
    Sector 318: City flags for german from the beginning. North and south flag for allies.
    Midway: North and south water flags for japanese.
    Battle of Orel: one or two flags should be russian from the beginning. As far as I know Germans attacked the Russians in the City.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 8:20 PM | Message # 231
    Colonel
    Group: Friends
    Awards: 22
    El Alamein:
    I don't think this map is in Allies' favor in its last version (with the long respawn times for planes) and with the low numbers of players we typically play the map with. Did you check the statistics for this map since the long respawn times SSM?
    Generally, having recapturable flags captured from the start shouldn't have a great effect. However, for El Alamein in particular we should check if the hangar doors and hangar plane spawns work properly. When we played it last time the doors were open and Hurricane available when, as far as I remember, the Axis had only 1 or 2 flags and Allies had none. I think I've seen this happen before the new SSM, but it's probably not what is intended, and it affects balance.

What will help a lot with balance is if there is a fix for the bug where you can create infinite 88mm guns at the flags. There should be a fix, or at least a workaround to make it more difficult to exploit.

Arnhem:
    Why aren't the axis tanks team locked? Should any of them spawn from allied flags?

Sector 318:
    On this map I don't like the idea of having infantry waiting at the flags before the tanks and other vehicles arrive. Better to have a fair race for the flags in the beginning. But eventually it probably won't turn out to change the map gameplay greatly, so I'm not against trying it.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 11:40 PM | Message # 232
    Colonel
    I agree with the suggestions proposed by Marduk above concerning Sector 318, Midway, and Battle of Orel.

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-04-04, 6:53 PM | Message # 233
    General
    With ~20+ players balance on El Al is imo more related to the fact that Allies have it a bit easier to cap East and North flag. With low player numbers (~10) it's very dependant on the player skill, if starking and Robert play on one team the other team won't even get their planes off the ground or get close to a flag. Hangar doors should work correctly after a brief look at the code, they open when the team has lost all flags (neutral also counts as lost).

Sector has no spawnpoints in the city in case you forgot so I'm not sure if it makes much sense to assign them to a team at the beginning.

Quote starking018 ()
    Arnhem:
    Why aren't the axis tanks team locked? Should any of them spawn from allied flags?

Yes almost all German tanks spawn from the flag "De_Moorstraat" as long as Allies hold it.

Quote starking018 ()
    What will help a lot with balance is if there is a fix for the bug where you can create infinite 88mm guns at the flags. There should be a fix, or at least a workaround to make it more difficult to exploit.

Does it only happen in multiplayer?

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-06, 1:15 PM | Message # 234
    General
    Quote Endless: "Sector has no spawnpoints in the city in case you forgot so I'm not sure if it makes much sense to assign them to a team at the beginning."

Yea, I know. But the South and North flag are spawnpoints. So if the U.S. have the North and South flag from the beginning they have a little advantage on this map. I think that would give the map a little change/would be more interesting.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2016-04-10, 12:10 PM | Message # 235
    General
    Sector: If Germans have the City flags Allies bleed at the start. Are you ok with that?

As starking mentioned there are also all kinds of spawns happening.

Quote starking018 ()
    I think the reason more than one Flak 18 88m gun spawns is simply that when you deploy one, the original object is destroyed, so a new one spawns. I thought about using the SdKfz 7 towed version that is found near the hangar, but it can be exploited to make more 88mm guns spawn too. If we decide to make it spawn something which stays as one object all the time it will only spawn one, always. There's the deployed immobile Flak 18 and the self-propelled Flak 18. I think the self-propelled one may be too powerful tactically, so the only good solution I can think of is to spawn a deployed Flak 18. If the locations where they spawn are not good enough for deployed 88mm guns maybe we can change the locations. What do you think about this?

How do you do this bug? I can't reproduce it in singleplayer. Placing stationary 88s is a lot of work I would prefer if we could use the self-propelled version and maybe limit it to 2 on the map (1 main, 1 east flag).

Quote starking018 ()

Arnhem: It doesn't make sense to me that the tanks should spawn from a random British flag. Can we make it so that all the tanks spawn from main?

I think it's for balance reasons: When Germans take the flag they no longer get their heavy tanks which gives the Brits a chance to counterattack.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Sunday, 2016-04-10, 12:28 PM | Message # 236
    General
    Quote Endless: "Sector: If Germans have the City flags Allies bleed at the start. Are you ok with that?"

Well, I forgot that. Then lets only give the U.S. North flag und Germans one city flag. Maybe add a willy's jeep to North flag so U.S. can attack the city quickly.

Guadalcanal
    My main idea: the flag "The bloody ridge" could get more of the settings from the map "Battle of Edsons Ridge" in order to give the flag holder better possibilities to defend. That could also make the map less "vanilllaish".
    This could easily be done with putting stationary machine guns on the sandbags around the ridge. And maybe add a tent and some wooden boxes on the top of the hill like on Edsons.
    (no hurry)

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

starking018Date: Monday, 2016-04-11, 4:32 PM | Message # 237
    Colonel
    Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    How do you do this bug? I can't reproduce it in singleplayer. Placing stationary 88s is a lot of work I would prefer if we could use the self-propelled version and maybe limit it to 2 on the map (1 main, 1 east flag).

I can only test it on a dedicated server. I moved the gun out of the place where it spawns and deployed it. Then the next one would spawn in a minute or two.

The towed one can be exploited by simply disconnecting a 88mm and destroying the SdKfz 7. When the SdKfz 7 is destroyed, a new one can spawns with a new 88mm gun while the old 88mm gun is still there. Since it only spawns in main now, it's no issue.

Maybe it will be ok to use the self-propelled ones, even on all 3 flags. I don't know. Maybe it will be balanced on the ground with the self-propelled Bofors (like the one on Ocean Town and Kasserine Pass).

Quote Endless_Nameless ()
    I think it's for balance reasons: When Germans take the flag they no longer get their heavy tanks which gives the Brits a chance to counterattack.

Well that just doesn't make much sense. There's nothing special about that flag and it has such a huge effect. And I think many players don't even realize it (myself included until now) and keep waiting for a tank to spawn. If the tanks that spawn should really be reduced in such a way, why aren't they spread around all British flags?

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-04-11, 7:45 PM | Message # 238
    General
    El Al: removed flag change, removed all mobile 88s, replaced 2 of them with self-propelled variant

Quote marduk ()
    Sector 318: City flags for german from the beginning. North and south flag for allies.
    Midway: North and south water flags for japanese.
    Battle of Orel: one or two flags should be russian from the beginning. As far as I know Germans attacked the Russians in the City.

Done.

Quote starking018 ()

Well that just doesn't make much sense. There's nothing special about that flag and it has such a huge effect. And I think many players don't even realize it (myself included until now) and keep waiting for a tank to spawn. If the tanks that spawn should really be reduced in such a way, why aren't they spread around all British flags?

I took a closer look and the tanks are actually spread around the British flags, I guess I read that wrong.

My Youtube Channel
    aka eYe.ris

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2016-04-16, 11:56 PM | Message # 239
    Lieutenant General
    Group: Silver Donator
    Awards: 19
    maybe does the increased time for capturing the flags at Alpenfestung leads to the game crashes? Because it only happens if flags get captured ...

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

starking018Date: Sunday, 2016-04-17, 3:42 PM | Message # 240
    Colonel
    I want to suggest that all spawn vehicles remain on the map when abandoned, regardless of how far away from their spawn location they are abandoned. It's especially frustrating on naval maps such as Midway and Rheinuebung-1941 when you e.g. decide to move a repair ship to an abandoned damaged ship to repair it, and then both ships self destroy after some time if no one is there. Things like that happen often when there aren't many players on the server.

Quote Robert_von_Eberhahn ()
    maybe does the increased time for capturing the flags at Alpenfestung leads to the game crashes? Because it only happens if flags get captured ...

I don't remember the last time my game crashed on that map. It seems to happen a lot with certain players, and hardly ever with others, so I think the ones who have problems should first check their end. See if their PC is stable, see if the crashes have something to do with the S&T pack or compatibility mode/compatibility fix, etc.

Maybe it has something to do with all the vehicles spawning all at once. Maybe spreading the spawns over a few seconds will improve things (like perhaps eliminating the freeze when a flag is captured). Like changing this line for different ObjectSpawners: ObjectTemplate.SpawnDelayAtStart 0 to 1, 2, 3, etc. Actually that doesn't work. How do you make objects spawn after a delay?

Message edited by starking018 - Sunday, 2016-04-17, 4:58 PM

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » Server-side modding 0.552 (r)
    Search: