[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » We have a serious problem - all small maps are overplayed ((r))
We have a serious problem - all small maps are overplayed
mardukDate: Thursday, 2016-01-21, 7:27 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
All the small maps are overplayed. This is a big problem because small maps and maps that are suitable for a player number between 2-10 are cruical to start to a fightnight and fill the server. Lately maps like El Alamein, Kharkow Winter, Midway, Battle of Pavlov, Chartres, Iron Monster and Pegasus dont increase the player number at the beginning of a fightnight anymore. It has become rather random if the server becomes populated or not. Players even leave the server when I set those maps.
But we only have those maps to start a fightnight with. All others are just too big or shitty. What can we do? I suggest to mod some of the other maps to make them more suitable for a small amount of players.
Just some maps that come to my mind:
1. Stalingrad redsquare - include the old version (the new one is bugged) in the current mappack
2. Fht Golf Hotel - remove some of the southern flags to make the map playable for a small amount of players
3. Kiew - all the flags should be able of being taken by one player

Please post your ideas!

If we dont fix the problem with the lack of small maps we can hardly populate the server and I wont join the server as the first player anymore because I am sick of hanging out on the server alone for ages...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Friday, 2016-01-22, 0:34 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
What about maps like Luzon, Kota Bharu and River Kwai? Sadly these maps are really suitable for smaller player numbers but they crash the server.

I believe something has to be wrong deep within the additional customized map data which causes problems on the European version of the mod.

crazygameloverDate: Friday, 2016-01-22, 3:56 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 13
I'm in support of adding the 0.51 versions of Luzon and Kota Bharu to the mappack. I don't really care about River Kwai, I could take it or leave it.

Endless_NamelessDate: Friday, 2016-01-22, 4:37 PM | Message # 4
General
Awards: 38
Sure, we just have to find someone who does changes, if necessary. Kiew I can do. Removing flags is a bit more difficult because you usually also have to adjust the ticket bleed.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DeathDate: Thursday, 2016-02-04, 3:41 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
I think the problem is out of all the maps we have, all the newer players not the old ones like us just want to play the same old 4-5 maps. They don't want to try anything new. Even I had to take a break from fhsw because whenever i could play it was always the same few maps and I got sick of it.

mardukDate: Thursday, 2016-02-04, 12:31 PM | Message # 6
General
Awards: 45
Quote Death: "Even I had to take a break from fhsw because whenever i could play it was always the same few maps and I got sick of it."

I am working on that. I am sick of playing the same maps all the time. But you know how it is: when I do not set the evergreen maps the stupid complaints begin.
I have evaluated the outcomes from this thread http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/4-665-1

The results - favourite maps

sorted by years:
1940 - 2*
1941 - 3*
1942 - 2*
1943 - 4*
1944 - 7*
1945 - 6*

sorted by genre:
Tanks - 17*
Infantry - 15*
Tanks/Infantry - 12*
Planes - 9*
Ships - 2*

Summarized, it is obvious that an overwhelming majority of the players like tank/infantry- or, even more, tank/infantry/plane-maps. I have already taken that into account and set the rarer played maps of those genre -and it works out well so far!

Next thing: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/44-737-1 After that vote is finished we will set up a fixed time for playing -at the moment it looks like it will be 7 pm. This way we can concentrate the players on the server and play bigger maps.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

DeathDate: Sunday, 2016-02-07, 7:16 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Yeah Marduk just take a month break, honestly you'll start to miss the game and when you get back you'll enjoy it more.
It is very annoying that they only want to play the same maps. the FHT south pacific maps are some of my favorites, Taz enjoys them alot, as soon as you suggest one or set it to one, everyone leaves.
even with tank/infantry maps they get picky, half of them won't play sector although it is overplayed. but its the same maps. it's a shame since we have so many nice maps (minus artic convoy)

Born-1942Date: Monday, 2017-05-22, 1:36 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
If there are 5 players and most of them want to play, El is right because they want to. I also think it's a small map like Edison for a certain number of players, but if we have more players the Edison map still remains valid to define as well as if we have few players what matters and if the majority agrees with that map or not. And sometimes set just to play with a greater immersion.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2017-05-22, 11:54 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Edison ?! Thomas ?! A map with a light bulb wacko

Joking ...

You mean Edson ridge?

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2017-05-23, 1:03 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
lol yeah Edson ridge. hehe I wrote the obviously wrong word.  biggrin 

sry

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » We have a serious problem - all small maps are overplayed ((r))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: