[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New Map: Battle of Rostov (m) (1942 Germans attacks the Soviets in the ruins of Rostow)
New Map: Battle of Rostov (m)
Stefan1990Date: Monday, 2019-05-13, 11:49 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
Battle Of Rostov by Stefan1990

After years i start mapping again! My first map will based on the battles in the city of Rostov in 1942.
It will be a infantry only close combat map for 10 - 32 Players.

The map is in a early stage but i am sure we will see it in Mappack 3 wink

The Map is at the moment a bf1942 map! but for a public preview  okay ;)

Feel free to give ma a feedback and post your ideas in this topic!
(Sry for the bad  mobilphone screenshots :P )

Battle of Rostov DOWNLOAD (Battlefield 1942 Vanilla)

There were three Battle Of Rostov during the Second World War. In 1941 the Germans wrested it but within a few days the Russians took it back. In 1942 the Germans finally captured it. In 1943 the Russians finally drove away the Germans.

The fighting was fierce and intense. See the video below.

Rostov-on-Don lies at the mouth of the Don River where it flows into the Sea of Azov, a part of the Black Sea. It was strategically placed and an important target for the Germans as the gateway to the Caucuses and the oil wealth that lay there.

BATTLE OF ROSTOV (1941-42) GERMANS, RUSSIANS AND GERMANS AGAIN
Rostov was a target of Barbarosa (1941). After taking Kiev (July 1941), the Germans drove deep into the Ukraine, approaching Rostov. The Germans reach the city (November 20-22, 1941). The Soviets, however, aunch a counter attack and retake the city (November 27). The massive Soviet Winter offensive before Moscow forces the Wehrmacht to retreat west. The Germans are badly damaged by the Soviet Winter offensive. They are only able to launch their Summer offensive in one sector of the front and Hitler chooses the south. Rostov becomes a target again. The Germans cut the railroad at Voronezh near the Don River (July 6). This cuts off Rostov from the rest of the Soviet Union July 9). After reaching the Don, the German offensive divides. The 6th Army, the most powerful force heads east toward Stalingrad. The smaller force moves toward Rostov and Caucasus oilfields. The Germans seized Boguchar and Millerovo in the Donetz (July 16, 1942). Panzers move to cut off Rostov from the east in a classic Blitzkrieg advance. The Germans take Rostov (July 23).

KILLINGS BY GERMANS IN ROSTOV

About 20,000 Jews lived in Rostow. Few fled as the Germans advanced. They were urbanized, unprepared for life hiding in the country. Many did not fear the Germans, having studied in German universities. The Germans rounded up the Jews and marched the men to a ravine just outside the city--Zmiyovskaya Balka, or the ravine of the snakes (August 11, 1942). There the killing squads shot them. The women, children and elderly followed. The Nazi killing squads gassed them in trucks and dumped their bodies in the same ravine. Communists functinaries and Red Army soldiers along with their families were also killed and buried there along with their families. The death toll came to 27,000 people. Most of Rostov's Jews who survived the War were serving with the Red Army.

1943: GERMANS LOSE ROSTOV

With defeat looming at Stalingrad, German commanders in Caucasus begin withdrawing northward through Rostov (January 2, 1943). The last elements of the 6th Army surrender at Stalingrad (February 2, 1943). Red Army spearheads drive toward Rostov, Kharkov, and Kursk. The Soviets retake Rostov (February 14).

Source: Histdo.com

The Germans settling down in Rostov in July 1942. Russian boys carry their luggage. For food perhaps

A Soviet ace pilot captured by the Germans

Attachments: 0320640.jpg (85.4 Kb) · 6133905.jpg (98.4 Kb) · 8511606.jpg (98.9 Kb) · 7917602.jpg (94.5 Kb)

Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2019-05-14, 7:57 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
Cool map and very good idea. we do not have a battle of rostov in fhsw. but I think the map needs more things, and also be a bit bigger like berlin streets? well I think there are some things missing but the idea is great.

things I think we should put on the map:

some anti-tank guns and grenades as the class to choose.

some panzers 2 and 3.

maybe some plane.? stuka bombers or also a Russian bombing, as in battle of orel.

some VW Type 166 "Schwimmwagen", Leichter Panzerspähwagen, BMW R75 and Zündapp KS 750 and Sd.Kfz. 250/25.

some Panzer 35/38 (t) and maybe stugs?

This is my idea. but you should know better what to do or not. I do not understand anything about how to create a map, and maybe some things can be exaggerated by min, I just apologize. I just want a map with varieties. not just infantry being that the battle was not just that.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

Stefan1990Date: Tuesday, 2019-05-14, 4:32 PM | Message # 3
General
Thanks luiscarlosred!

I chouse this small map size to make a new map for the players on our server witch play also under 16 players on the server.

http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-736-1

On this city map we dont need tanks, planes and other stuff. its a close combat map where you can have fun and action with under 10 players. i also have to say its my second full playable map and it tooks me 1 day to build it an make it full playable.

geclepramiDate: Wednesday, 2019-05-15, 5:53 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 3
Hey, nice idea, urban infantry maps are good when the server is
empty/filling up.

Just one question, how did you generate the minimap? It shows little
markers where the ammoboxes are, is that coming from battlecraft? I really
love that and want to use it myself.

I've made some tiny modifications to turn this into an FHSW map, see the
changes below. Here is the download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file....ile

---
CHANGES
---

in menu/init.con, put

Code

game.setServerInfoIcon serverInfo_Blue.dds
game.setMapId "FHSW"

---

in Init.con, change the kits (took kits from other early eastfront winter maps)

Code

game.setTeamSkin 1 GermanSoldier
game.setKit 1 0 1German_Officer_WinterMp40Smoke2RMarker
game.setKit 1 1 2German_Assault_WinterK98
game.setKit 1 2 3German_AT_WinterGeballteLadung
game.setKit 1 3 4German_TankCommanderLugerSmoke3R
game.setKit 1 4 5German_Assault_WinterK98_EihGr39

game.setTeamSkin 2 RussianSoldier
game.setKit 2 0 1Rus_OfficerPPShSmoke3R
game.setKit 2 1 2Rus_AssaultNagant
game.setKit 2 2 3Rus_AssaultNagantMolotovNoRG
game.setKit 2 3 4Rus_TankhunterNagantRDGGeballte
game.setKit 2 4 5Rus_TankCommanderTT33Smoke2R

If you want more kits, look inside the
Code
C:/mapping/bfdev/objects/Items/GerKit

(for german kits) -- if you look at the objects.con file inside, it tells
you exactly which weapons they use.

---

In init.con, add russian winter textures (took from stalingrad-urban).
The top line allows you to drop more textures inside the "texture" folder
of your map.

Code

textureManager.alternativePath ../../bf1942/levels/Battle_of_Rostow/Texture

textureManager.alternativePath Texture/Levels/Pavlov
textureManager.alternativePath Texture/GENERAL_RUS_WINTER
textureManager.alternativePath Texture/GENERAL_GER_WINTER
textureManager.alternativePath Texture/ENVIROMENT_WINTER

Check the "C:/mapping/bfdev/texture" folder for more (or just look at other
maps)

Minnie

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2019-05-15, 8:07 PM | Message # 5
General
Thx!!!!! your are awesome! 

mini map: you can do that with battlecraft. just mark the option befor creating the minimap.

Stefan1990Date: Wednesday, 2019-05-15, 10:34 PM | Message # 6
General
gecleprami, canyou change some details for me, i can change only a few things but not all of this points....

1. Change the German agains Russian Base (Russia South, German North)

2. All Capable flags Neutral at Start

3. Flag value 33,33 each flag

4. make ticket bleed on if 2 flags captured

5. Flag Textur is not correcrt: its always German flag viewable, also when russians has caped a flag

6. German tankcommander kit is buged. if you take this kit the game crash. also its showen as russian tankcommander.
please replace both TK kits with heavy MG kits.

Please uplad the changed map again an post it here. Then i will add some pick up kits and other FH/FHSW objects on the map

twistedkebabfaceDate: Friday, 2019-05-17, 4:25 PM | Message # 7
Lieutenant
Awards: 8
Yeah, map is rather small. Reminds me default "berlin" map a bit.  By the way, here is an aerial map of Rostov during WWII.

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

Stefan1990Date: Friday, 2019-05-17, 4:53 PM | Message # 8
General
Quote twistedkebabface ()
Yeah, map is rather small. Reminds me default "berlin" map a bit.  By the way, here is an aerial map of Rostov during WWII.

Yeah i want to creat a small becouse all the smal maps are overplayed. i take this arealmap as tamplate fo my map. you can see the straight streets . maby i will make later a bigger verson of Rostov. but now it the focus on this small infantry battle map.

geclepramiDate: Saturday, 2019-05-18, 2:33 PM | Message # 9
Lieutenant
Awards: 3
I can take a look later, right now I'm working a bit on the other mappack 3 maps from last testing mellow

Minnie

Stefan1990Date: Saturday, 2019-06-01, 11:28 PM | Message # 10
General
Quote gecleprami ()
I can take a look later, right now I'm working a bit on the other mappack 3 maps from last testing

any update minnie?  whistling

i am also working on a bigger map called: Heelsum   

grandsarbresqcDate: Saturday, 2019-06-15, 10:20 PM | Message # 11
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
It looks like a promising map, thanks for keeping us posted!

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Mapping » New Map: Battle of Rostov (m) (1942 Germans attacks the Soviets in the ruins of Rostow)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: