[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Forgotten Honor » [Map Discussion] Korsun Pocket 1944 (r) (FHT FHSW Tournament: " Blood and Iron")
[Map Discussion] Korsun Pocket 1944 (r)
DeathDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-06, 8:13 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 13
Ok we should start discussing the other maps now

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2013-11-09, 7:04 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
I just take a look at the map and have to say that there are too much artillery guns for both teams.

The axis never get any reinforcments. The Allies get a second Sturmovik, two IS 2 and one IS 1. Thats hard stuff.

I don´t know if that make any difference but the bofors is nearly indestructible.

The biggest thing I don´t need to handle is the positions of the flaggs and mainbases wacko

At the moment I have no idea how to make this map fit in a tournament battle ... huh

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Saturday, 2013-11-09, 7:05 PM

DeathDate: Tuesday, 2013-11-12, 2:33 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Well we need to remove 2 of the main bases, give the axis some heavy firepower, keep the russian is2, is1 
germans have ferdy, tiger, maybe add another tiger or panther?

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Tuesday, 2013-11-12, 1:30 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Hm ... Well If we remove one base from each team it wouldn´t bee anymore the map as the mappers wanted to.
A pocket is a pocket and the allies should have the posibility to attack from each side while the germans are in preasure to defend themself in the pocket during reinforments try to pierce the encircling.

I don´t have the experience to play such a map in a tournament with tough organisation and so on cry perhaps it´s big fun perhaps total disaster.

I think to let the heavy units without any changes the germans have 2 Tigers 3 Panthers a Ferdinand and a Porsche Kingtiger, thats a pretty armoured fist against the russians. (I examined the offline version of the map, don´t know if different from the severside hosted?)
If so I would add a Stuka to the axis force and for both sides, if the team has no flaggs anymore, a spawn APC.
switch two T34/76 to t34/85
Also reducing the artillery to max 2 stationary guns and 1 or 2 towable, also making all AT guns movable.
Make the JU 52 as midairspawn and add a spawnclass as Fallschirmjaeger.

my proposals in a hurry

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Tuesday, 2013-11-12, 1:33 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2013-11-12, 4:08 PM | Message # 5
General
Awards: 45
I think the German team should get some 88 mm Flak/Pak-guns instead of the 75 mm that do work out pretty bad against the IS 2 for example. Also, it was quite common to use 88's as Paks during that time. Additionaly I would add a few Pz. IV.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2013-11-13, 3:38 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Robert this isn't about historically accuracy, its about balance for this map. Yes the map is supposed to be a pocket, but allies have a huge advantage with their vehicles already, axis are surrounded and out gunned. i mean we can always change the name to KORSUN 1944 instead of korsun pocket. im just saying the maps need to be balanced.

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Forgotten Honor » [Map Discussion] Korsun Pocket 1944 (r) (FHT FHSW Tournament: " Blood and Iron")
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: