[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Forgotten Honor » Forgotten Honor Tournament For Dummies :P (r) (FHT FHSW Tournament: " Blood and Iron")
Forgotten Honor Tournament For Dummies :P (r)
DeathDate: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 6:10 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 13
Those of you who use Retail CD version (not ORIGIN) of the game MUST have this downloaded in order to play on FHT servers:
http://team-simple.org/download/bf1942-v1.612-nocd-widescreen-fix.zip

Extract and overwrite the BF1942.exe in your game's root directory. (Don't forget to make a buckup)

Ok everyone since Juca thinks registration will start on the 7th of February which is close I thought I'd go over a few things with all of you.
I understand out of our huge community only a handful of us have played in tournament before so here are some tips, and information bits so you won't be asking me questions non-stop

Here it goes.

1) TEAMSPEAK 3: Teamspeak 3 with a microphone IS MANDATORY, so if you don't have a mic, better go saddle up your horse and ride to the nearest store and buy one.

2) INGAME TAGS: EVERYONE will be required to use their unit tags for example: xXx*(D.I.E)*xXx Death is my normal regular bftag, during tournaments and training, it would look like: 901[PZL]+++|Death with 901 being my regiment [PZL]being my division, and +++ being my rank which is an officer/captain/regiment commander tag. this is so we know who is in our units. PLEASE ADD YOUR UNIT MEMBERS ONTO YOUR BUDDY LIST, it helps so much. so you know where your unit mates are at all times.

3) TRAINING: Division leaders such as myself and Dino will most likely hold 1 divisional training during the week to go over the battle plan so each regiment/person knows what do do on battle day. Regiment commanders will have the option of hosting a regiment training during the week if they want to go over their plan for their own regiment,

4) COMMUNICATION: if you have a bloody microphone USE IT, i cannot even begin to tell you how important communication between your teammates and regiment commander is: CALL OUT TARGETS, ENEMIES, ANYTHING, talk to eachother don't just sit there in silence.

5) CHAIN OF COMMAND: LISTEN TO YOUR COMMANDER, if he says go to a certain point, go there, don't wander off or go rambo, this is a tournament to play with other people in an organized manor, don't be rambo listen to your commander, but make suggestions if you feel they are wrong, but don't wander off or ignore them.

6) BEING INVOLVED: a tournament is only good if the people in it take the time to post comments, observations about battles, etc, don't let the commanders post the information and leave no feedback, post post post people, be active,

7) CHEATING: if you see somebody cheating tell one of the fht people like Jucabala and they will deal with it, don't take matters into your own hands, its a pain in the ass for the entire team otherwise.

8) ATTENDANCE: attendance sheets will be on the fht site, please post and submit them, commanders need them to see how many people are going to show up for that certain battle, please fill them out it takes like 2 seconds.

9) SIGNUPS: signups you've all been bugging me about this, SIGN UPS WILL PROBABLY BE ON THE 7TH, you log onto fht, go to the GAMES section on the top, look for FORGOTTEN HOPE SECRET WEAPONS, click on JOIN THIS GAME, then you will see 2 options, allied 2nd division or the german division of whatever its called, CLICK on the team you want to be on axis or allies, then go to next step, a list will appear of regiments their names, unit decal, whos leading it, etc, and click to join it, NOTE SOME ARE LANGUAGE RESTRICTIVE, example our community horses polish regiment speaks polish so if you can't speak polish, don't join it, after that YOU'RE REGISTERED.

10) GOAL: spread the word of this amazing mod, make grabbi shake in his boots, KILL EACHOTHER, and have fun  tongue

Korsakov829Date: Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 8:15 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
You don't exactly need a microphone, although you should get one. I'm pretty involved with F|H and I get by without using mine just by typing. You'll definitely need to be on TS though and communicate via in game chat if possible. Some rules will be posted later most likely, you can check the archived section of our forums of past FH1 campaigns to get an idea as to how things will go.

Message edited by Korsakov829 - Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 8:16 PM

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 0:56 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
I'm leading the allies this time and I want everyone to have a microphone, last tournament I had the quiet regiment, nobody said anything, nobody had mics i was talking to myself the entire time last time and it was a pain in the ass.

mayerDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 1:03 AM | Message # 4
Admin
Group: Recruit
Awards: 15
Quote Death ()
last tournament I had the quiet regiment, nobody said anything, nobody had mics

eek

I may not be a fluent speaker of english and i'm relative quiet when native speakers discuss sth in TS but no feedback at all is a no go

besides you can get some really cheap ass headsets with mic, no need to invest much money

Fritz-KempfDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 2:44 PM | Message # 5
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
Quote Death ()
I'm leading the allies this time and I want everyone to have a microphone, last tournament I had the quiet regiment, nobody said anything, nobody had mics i was talking to myself the entire time last time and it was a pain in the ass.

Im already happy they have TS so they can hear the orders.

DeathDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 0:10 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Yeah thank god you showed up last tournament fritzy it was just me and dino talking

we were 3 talkers, mayer don't worry, we all have accents, although I hide my heavy japanese accent everyone has accents, really aren't "fluent" english speakers really. so don't be ashamed of your accent be proud,

slobodanDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 4:42 PM | Message # 7
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
How should look ingame tags for our 1st Guards Tank Regiment??

DeathDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 4:48 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
don't worry about tags yet, not our job.

slobodanDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 6:17 PM | Message # 9
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
1st Guards Tank Regiment is only for polish players or for all players on allied side??????????  cry cry cry

Soryy, I have many things to do.. I dont know how FH tournament works..., I dont know what is it 1st Guards Tank Regiment... I need HELP!!

mayerDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 6:26 PM | Message # 10
Admin
in FH tournaments each side has different regiments/departments, a soldier can only be part of one
most are english speaking, some have different languages (Polish, German, Russian, Finnish, etc.)

Mr_JDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 7:34 PM | Message # 11
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Is there a maximum number of players who can join specific regiments/departments?

mayerDate: Thursday, 2014-01-30, 8:24 PM | Message # 12
Admin
Quote Mr_J ()
Is there a maximum number of players who can join specific regiments/departments?

As far as I know there is no limit. When there are more players active than the server can handle (or more than the opposite team can offer), the division headquarters will inform the regiments how many ppl they are allowed to bring on the server. The officer of the regiment will then decide (with consultation of the players) who stays in reserve for a round and who gets swapped.

DeathDate: Friday, 2014-01-31, 1:35 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
For FHSW there will be no limit, probably play in a 128 server size.

yeah slobo you're allied for all the battles, not switching sides. for all of you, once you're in a unit you're there till the tournament ends.

Mr_J there is no restriction of regiments, HOWEVER if we get more people than we planned for we often create a new regiment. for example

ALLIES will have 3 divisions, if more people join and one has 20 people in it, then most likely command will split the regiment up, and move 10 into a new regiment to ease the role for the commanders.

Added (2014-01-31, 1:35 AM)
---------------------------------------------
some regiments will have requirements,

for example your polish regiment, you have to speak polish to be in that regiment, thats the language spoken there, if you can't, you can't join it.

mayerDate: Friday, 2014-01-31, 2:15 AM | Message # 14
Admin
Quote Death ()
for example your polish regiment, you have to speak polish to be in that regiment, thats the language spoken there, if you can't, you can't join it.

You can join but if you can't make the tryout, you will remain inactive

Quote Death ()
probably play in a 128 server size

that would be phenomenal if we could get so much players

DeathDate: Friday, 2014-01-31, 3:59 AM | Message # 15
Colonel
well it depends some regiments have tryouts, some don't. allies don't have tryouts, since fhsw polish players will be my tankers, armored units are usually try out only.

yeah it would, I estimate around 50, atleast 30 from the fhsw community, regulars, veterans etc, plus fh players.

Korsakov829Date: Friday, 2014-01-31, 6:03 AM | Message # 16
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
There will definitely be 30, perhaps up to 60, and maybe towards the end it could reach a hundred but it does in part rely on getting the word out. Hopefully after this tournament more people will start to play FHSW regularly.

DeathDate: Friday, 2014-01-31, 6:47 AM | Message # 17
Colonel
well we reached a 40 this past weekend, so I think we can get 60, if we have signups monday, a fightnight friday to show the mod off and a scrimage next week or something it'll work.

Mr_JDate: Friday, 2014-01-31, 8:43 PM | Message # 18
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Who will host the server? We or they? This is important to have the same custom patches that we use. Especially the mod that allows admins to use !kill command

DeathDate: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 3:03 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
I shall talk to jucabala about it, can stefan increase the server size to 128?

ArmyDivisionDate: Saturday, 2014-02-01, 3:31 AM | Message # 20
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 0
Maybe better on FHT servers there have better technical specifications i think

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » Forgotten Honor » Forgotten Honor Tournament For Dummies :P (r) (FHT FHSW Tournament: " Blood and Iron")
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: