[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Rules: » Rules for mapsetting (m)
Rules for mapsetting (m)
mardukDate: Monday, 2015-03-30, 6:38 AM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Based on our experiences we set up rules for the best mapsetting in order to
-GET as many players on the server AND
-KEEP as many players on the server as possible.

Procedure and basic stones
1. If you are the first (mapsetting-)admin who joins the server SWITCH OFF THE MAPVOTE
(if you do not want that somebody ruins the fightnight with stupid votes)

2. The map choices have to be set based on the number of players (which is mostly related to the daytime).

3. Do not change a map mid-game only because some players left. In the most cases other players will join
after a little time. Think about what you want to set as next and then stick to it!
Players don't like the feeling that you do not know what you are doing.

4. It is important to make a change and that means not to set two vanilla maps after another (e.g. El Alamein
and then Kharkow Winter). It is FHSW!
Also, if you only set the favourite and "awesome" maps (El Alamein, Midway, Prokhorovka, Remagen, Alpenfestung,
Eagles Nest, Battle of Leyte 2, etc.) the player numbers will go down after a few weeks. Some players always try to
push admins to set those maps because for some reason they do not realize that those become boring if you play
them all the time.

5. The more players join, the bigger the maps have to become and the more players leave the smaller the maps
have to become. That means an admin has to think one step ahead when the player number is increasing/decreasing.

6. If you are the last admin who leaves the server SWITCH ON THE MAPVOTE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Evaluation (added 2017-12-29):

1. I have evaluated this thread http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/4-665-1
It clearly shows that most players like maps with tanks/inf/planes from 1943-45. Basically all maps with
tanks/inf/planes are popular.
But it is the same here: if you set those all the time the player numbers will go down after a few weeks.
You need to mix up those maps with others.

2. The evaluation also shows that most players are not interested in naval maps. Just for a change you can set one
here and then but basically our players are interested in European land battles.

3. If you set maps following the course of war it will increase immersion for players and they will stay
on the server for a longer time.

4. All necessary information about player numbers and maps and the course of war are provided in the attached
file mapsetting.
Attachments: Mapsetting.ods (23.9 Kb)

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Saturday, 2018-01-13, 3:54 PM | Message # 21
General
@Gameplayer: of course. Where do you think it fits?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Saturday, 2018-01-13, 8:09 PM | Message # 22
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
Quote marduk ()
of course. Where do you think it fits?
Well maybe to 12-16 players or to 16-20 players. somewhere there.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

mardukDate: Thursday, 2019-01-17, 9:03 AM | Message # 23
General
New update (02-02-2019) on statistics and maplist, see attachment here: http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/4-661-9852-16-1427693883

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Monday, 2020-07-06, 5:17 PM | Message # 24
General
Somebody disconnected from remote manager last night and left round timer at 59 mins +  set Orel as idle map...
I cleaned this shit up, but guys, stuff like that is just unnecessary and annoying.
When you leave the server, please set round time back to 35 mins!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 4:33 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
someone must have forgotten, I was having problems with the pc, so I still don't have the BF remote M, but I'll download it. and also the last administrator to leave is E-3 and sometimes me. therefore I do not use the bf manager, because it is practically the last map, after E-3 leaves people practically leave the same schedule, most of the time, when he disconnects later.

well, i really don't know if he might have forgotten. good if that was at the end of the night when people leave, there are only 2 administrators, me and E-3. and I rarely use the manager because E-3 is working and does it until the end of the fight on the server.

Quote marduk ()
Somebody disconnected from remote manager last night and left round timer at 59 mins +  set Orel as idle map...I cleaned this shit up, but guys, stuff like that is just unnecessary and annoying.
When you leave the server, please set round time back to 35 mins!

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 6:14 PM | Message # 26
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
I think it must have been me when I left the server I was very tired probably forgot sorry for that.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-07-08, 6:20 PM | Message # 27
General
Is ok, just take care next time. Thank you!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Sunday, 2021-04-25, 9:30 AM | Message # 28
General
I updated the maplist (it also includes all the new maps now):
Attachments: 8949593.ods (23.9 Kb)

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

pfcbluemaxDate: Sunday, 2021-07-18, 11:42 PM | Message # 29
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
If all admins were in ts wrong maps wouldn't be set or admins stepping on other admins toes.

mardukDate: Monday, 2021-07-19, 7:29 AM | Message # 30
General
Bullshit Bluemax. It has worked out 11 years without that. A single incidence doesn't change it.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

pfcbluemaxDate: Monday, 2021-07-19, 11:42 PM | Message # 31
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 1
OK buddy just trying to help.sometimes things are best seen from the outside not the inside.

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2021-07-20, 6:07 PM | Message # 32
General
It's just because I hear this "Marduk, get TS!"-request like every fucking week. It's annoying.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Rules: » Rules for mapsetting (m)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: