[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Trois Ponts Imbalance (m)
Trois Ponts Imbalance (m)
DeathDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 3:20 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 13
I believe it was saturday we were playing Trois Ponts. The map is farely balanced until we found a few problems
1. king tiger like respawns instantly. for some reason the king tiger or king tigers i'm not sure how many there were because if you destroyed it the thing would like instantly respawn. this really creates an extreme unblance because one we lose the m26 pershing we have to wait a long time/normal time for it to respawn while the axis get their king tiger back. check on the spawn time of it or them? maybe add a super pershing or some m18s because the map was very unfair when the germans kept camping us with their king tigers and we had nothing to fight them off with after the m26 died.
2. m36 jackson flag 2: the m36 jackson can't move but on the minimap it doesn't show it as a turret.

Fritz-KempfDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 7:05 AM | Message # 2
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
Add one Super Persching on this map, this should help more. T-29 not, because on this map the Americans have already two heavy tanks. Make the map more "Secret", because this map have no secret weapons, just the Jagdtiger wich wasn't very secret anymore. Maybe a Black Prince could help here 2.

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 4:28 PM | Message # 3
General
Awards: 38
Axis get two Kingtigers with an okayish respawn time (one after 2 mins, the other close to 3 mins), but I agree it could be a bit increased. A few vehicles could also be removed because the vehicle loadout is thought for 70+ players. In general it's a balanced map though.

You have to think about how the map is layed out, Axis bleed heavily and have to cap almost every flag to stop it, so they naturally need better/more tanks. Allies have to stop this and since their tanks are no match in a frontal fight, you have to be sneaky, you can't play it like you would do on Axis side. Use the terrain and houses to keep the first flags grey as long as possible, play like a guerilla fighter. Play for your team, not your kills!

Make them feel unsafe as soon as they leave their mainbase or approach a flag. When we played there last time it was an perfect example of that, our main base flag was never really in danger because of the great teamplay. Sure the kdr was in favor of the Germans but we won and that's the point of every map and in this aspect the map is balanced.

Adding one Pershing for every Panther/Tiger is not what I think is good balance.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 6:00 PM | Message # 4
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
Quote (Fritz-Kempf)
Make the map more "Secret", because this map have no secret weapons

There's no reason to do things like that

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
(one after 2 mins, the other close to 3 mins)

You are talking about default map but in fact the server map was SSMed so KTs respawn time is 5min. JT even more.

Quote (Endless_Nameless)
Adding one Pershing for every Panther/Tiger is not what I think is good balance.

Indeed

DeathDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 7:01 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Well how many m26s are on this map? 1 or 2 i didn't notice. if its 1 add 1 more. but if we have 2 pershings thats fine.

yeah I know J but if you ask anybody who played saturday they'll say the king tigers respawn too fast. maybe make it 4 minutes. 2 is way too quick for a king tiger.
i mean we fought well its just when all our tanks were destroyed the king tigers would camp if we hit 1 it would comback instantly

Mr_JDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-19, 11:39 PM | Message # 6
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
There is a total of 2 Kingtiger spawners. First continues respawning as long as Allies keep holding Stoumont (USA main base), second starts its spawning cycle as soon as Germans capture Bridgehead (1st flag in push order). Respawn time of both of them is 300 seconds (5 minutes), I'm not fooling you. Allies have 1 M26 Pershing which respawns in 230 seconds. So what do you want me to do ? smile

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-20, 0:26 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Really? hhhmm idk lets play the map again this weekend and see what happens. i mean this last time it felt like the pershing was taking forever to spawn and the king tigers were always around. so lets see what happens. if it really is like what you say it should be fine. 

OH but the m36 at flag 2 there is a problem with that like i said. its doesn't show up as a turret on the minimap but i can't move like a normal tank.

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-20, 0:34 AM | Message # 8
General
The Pershings (yes 2, at least on the client version) only spawn when Axis cap the hill flag (south west).

The M36's are meant to be static, so it's a wrong minimap icon.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-20, 1:48 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
ah ok. well lets see how this goes. but anyways maybe can we switch 1 sherman for 1 m18?

Fritz-KempfDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 10:39 AM | Message # 10
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
Quote (Death)
There's no reason to do things like that

Wel.... Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon...?

KhaineDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 7:59 PM | Message # 11
Sergeant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Quote (Fritz-Kempf)
Wel.... Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon...?
FHSW is imho not all about adding weird and unreallistic stuff, sure it might I've been its a goal at the beginning, but look at how many vehicles missing in fh 0.7 they added, look at their maps, the sounds and news effects too. I was pretty happy with .42 release, less by .51 because of all the new tanks which did not fight in wwii era... I don't want it to look like WoT...

DeathDate: Sunday, 2013-02-24, 2:35 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
yeah but the thing is with the new tanks if you made them why not use them.

no point in making a tank if nobody is gonna use it. I like the tanks that did not fight its adds suprise and well its more fun honestly. its better than having somebody sit in a tiger all day picking off allied tanks for 50 minutes. no fun in that.

KhaineDate: Sunday, 2013-02-24, 1:34 PM | Message # 13
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Quote (Death)
yeah but the thing is with the new tanks if you made them why not use them.no point in making a tank if nobody is gonna use it. I like the tanks that did not fight its adds suprise and well its more fun honestly. its better than having somebody sit in a tiger all day picking off allied tanks for 50 minutes. no fun in that.
Maybe, but there are also other maps where those vehicles can be used (Gazaps, Alpen... ), and there are also plenty ways to deal with heavy tanks like Tiger. Moreover I think it's normal that the biggest tanks are harder to take down, and it's also much more rewarding to eliminate them with less powerful weapons.

DeathDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-26, 2:34 AM | Message # 14
Colonel
Yeah but some of the tanks that were designed and used often such as the m18 hellcat should be used more  tongue

i don't think we should stick a bunch of super pershings and t29s and maus in a map but some tanks like the m18 or such would make it more fun.

HypilotDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-26, 5:38 AM | Message # 15
Lieutenant
Awards: 3
The sherman jumbo is hard to take down. yesterday or saturday i was in a kingtiger and it took about 3-4 hits on the turret from the back to kill it. and i think the person in the tank didnt even notice me until the players tank was smoking.

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-26, 8:39 PM | Message # 16
General
Germans got wrecked on Sunday, Allies won with about 400-0 tickets..

It's not the Allies that should whine about balance here tongue

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 3:07 PM | Message # 17
General
Awards: 45
Thanks for your comment endless!
I hope we can finish this pointless discussion now.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

MannsDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 4:58 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
Group: Blocked
Awards: 11
YOU know that these m36s are strong enough to take out KT and JTs, and they are in pretty good mounted positions, I say the map is very balanced

But a superpershing could make it more interesting, t29 is too much...

honor and duty

Private [DPB]Styv signed up for military service on ranked battlefields at 19:04:56 30|07|2008 in ForgottenHope 1

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 7:31 PM | Message # 19
General
Awards: 45
@Manns: I also thought the whole time that the map is very balanced. Thanks for your support. I think we should run the map without a superpershing for a while, see how it works out and then decide again.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

DeathDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 9:41 PM | Message # 20
Colonel
plus I forgot the allies have like 4 howitzers sitting on flag 3 that could destroy the enemy   tongue

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Trois Ponts Imbalance (m)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: