[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Gazap Fighter Balance (m)
Gazap Fighter Balance (m)
DeathDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 2:00 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 13
After played and suffering on Gazaps a few times. I think its time I open my mouth on this, I think gazaps in terms of air power is a bit 1 sided. P-51s, Spitfire, P-47, and Super Thunderbolt are all outclassed against the German Jets, the 262 and Ar-234 murder allied tanks and planes. Most times allies can't even take off due to the jets superior speed, aa guns are too slow to kill them. Even when you get in the air, you're still outclassed. It took 3 allied planes to chase down the 262, the P51-H, and super thunderbolt can't keep up.

I suggest removing the spitfire and puttig the pancake it, allies need a fighter that is fast and manuverable agains the german jets. allies get trapped in their base, since the air support they need is outclassed by far.

mayerDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 7:32 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Recruit
Awards: 15
I'm just asking but was the me262 flown by AirTroll/starking?
Because the pilot makes a huge difference

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 2:22 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Under these circumstances I agree death but unfortunatly the map is mostly played by only some 10 players or so and that is by far too less. And the map is balanced for 64 players.
So if that situation dominats it´s also a solution to change ur tactic and take a jeep or a plane and sneek to some flaggs to capture them. If the pilots get no targets anymore they get bored and leave their planes. I know bad style for playing because u love tanks wink ... but perhaps a possible sollution.

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

XenanabDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 3:41 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Dont take out the spitfire. This is a awesome version of that plane, rather change one of the mustangs.

DeathDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 7:21 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
I'm not talking about starking, I mean anyone in general can use the Ar-234 with that 1000kg payload you can't leave the base or do anything with it camping the allied runway.
Yeah but the problem with that robert is that axis have air superiority the entire map which allows them to bring up their jagdtigers, maus, and king tigers against what? a few jeeps? see what I mean. i think the addition of 1 pancake can give allied fighters a fighting chance, i mean that 262 with the extre after burner thing is just too fast to keep up with and out class.

slobodanDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 7:34 PM | Message # 6
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
... and allies dont have any good AA weapon (only bofors is good).

Axis have: deadly  flak 103/38 ,verling, 88 flak, 12,8 cm FlaK, Kugelblitz, and Ostwind which can fire nonstop without overheating and ammo reloading  ... and let's add wirbelwind -it is fkn crazy crazy

That is the reason why I always play on allied side - axis/german is too easy for me  dry

Message edited by slobodan - Sunday, 2013-12-15, 7:50 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2013-12-15, 7:40 PM | Message # 7
General
Awards: 38
I agree, Germans have ground and air superiority on that map, I don't think I've seen one Allied win yet.

But first we need someone who has ftp access to upload map changes, MrJ can't connect to it anymore.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

DeathDate: Monday, 2013-12-16, 3:30 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
I think 1 or 2 pancakes should even the odds for the allies, along with 2 mobile 50 cal quads for the allies.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Monday, 2013-12-16, 10:11 AM | Message # 9
Lieutenant General
Didn´t the allies have min one mobile quad cal .50 AA halftrack suspect ?! Just have in mind that there also have to bee enough olayers to man these stuff and if theay are present they want do do so wink

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

slobodanDate: Monday, 2013-12-16, 3:32 PM | Message # 10
Koń
Group: Friends
Awards: 53
Didn´t the allies have min one mobile quad cal .50 AA halftrack

It is only joke Robert? haha    OK, We can try it, I will fly me 262 and you will try to shoot me down with AA halftruck... icecream

I think allies should have:

- 1 or 2 pancakes
- 2 or 3 M19 GMC:

Message edited by slobodan - Monday, 2013-12-16, 3:33 PM

DeathDate: Monday, 2013-12-16, 4:52 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
I agree with slobo especially when allies get the T95 that thing will need every AA gun on the map to drive with it LOL  tongue

DeathDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 2:37 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
I brought this issue up before, but I shall bring it up again.

Gazaps needs to be fixed, it is extremely unbalanced. I don't remember winning as allies in the last 10 games on Gazaps. The map is too heavily favored for axis, I mean you have the jagdtiger, turbo jagdtiger, kt, improved kt, maus, all jets, and what do allies get, some p-47s, p-51s, and a useless B29
Mayer I know you will comment saying "just bomb the heavies" well allied planes cannot even take off. I was in the B29 with J before, we rolled the thing 2 feet and got destroyed in a few hits by the 262. Half the time allies can't get off the ground and if they do the planes are too slow or inferior to destroy the axis planes.

1. The Me262 schwabbel or whatever its called should be replaced with a normal Me262.
2. Add 2 fighter pancakes or something to help allies
3. maybe replace B29 with something else? B-25 works fine on alpen, its not a giant coffin and might be able to get off the ground.
4. boundaries...today was ridiculous, you had preusse camping 1 side, close to the main base, and panther in a maus on the other, im all for defending, but on gazaps rule should be defending flags, not sitting so close to the enemy main you just snipe anything that comes out there.

XenanabDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 3:00 AM | Message # 13
Colonel
Quote Death ()
Me262 schwabbel

Nice one death! biggrin hillarious nickname for that plane, though I think that was a typo and 100% coincidence that you've wrote another German word here^^ *"Schwabbel" thehehe.....*

Enough joking:
I totally agree with you, something should be done.
Of course axis team said the map is actually 'okay' since they've won with 500 + tickets in the end...

Making changes on the axis aircrafts is a first step. I can imagine the map creators wanted to add all possible secret heavy material on this map but forgot to watch the balance.
In my opinion there is no need to place the same Me 262 jet compillation like on Bombing the Reich at axis main base.
Why is there also a BF109 K6 ?? Is it expected that allies come with five B29 bombers at the same time?!

Seriously, something should be done.

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-03-17, 3:38 AM | Message # 14
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
I have to disagree with all of the above.

Useless B29? Wasn't used the way it should be. Same with all of the other Allied planes. And tanks too, I remember seeing that Jadgtiger flank more than 5 tanks unopposed, that has nothing to do with how strong or weak a vehicle is.

mayerDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 3:51 AM | Message # 15
Admin
Quote Death ()
maybe replace B29 with something else? B-25 works fine on alpen, its not a giant coffin and might be able to get off the ground.

The B-29 is anything but a coffin, it has a lot more health than the B-25 and more guns. It can survive a few hits by the Flak 40 while the B-25 can not.

i dunno what was wrong today, a kingtiger shouldn't be that difficult to kill with a T29 and about the fighters i have to look thoroughly which vehicles are present (i think slobo already mentioned that allied anti-air defense is lacking) and then make suggestions. Maybe allies need better/more fighters but don't forget that the skill of the pilots has a huge impact. I remember rounds on El Alamein where the allied base was camped and completely raped by axis air superiority.

DeathDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 6:39 PM | Message # 16
Colonel
I know thats what I'm saying. The B-29 is too big, it takes too long to get off the runway. I said this before, J and I got killed in the B29 after we rolled 2 feet down the runway. 

We were using tanks correctly, but part of the problem is again, allies are outgunned, aside from the T29 no allied tank can go head-to head with a german tank at long range. Pershing, super pershing get destroyed in 1 hit by a jagdtiger, maus, kt improved. to say allies didn't outflank it wasn't good enough, you can't outflank a tank if it can 1 shot kill you from far away. T29 wasn't the problem it was getting the camping axis tanks with air support. Korsakov you try and catch the 262 with the jet compillation with a spitfire. just doesn't happen. 

Allies need dual bofors on the base, does more damage than the quad 50, and maybe 2 pancake fighters, but the 262 has to go. other than that the map is fine.

Korsakov829Date: Monday, 2014-03-17, 7:15 PM | Message # 17
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Only a amatuer tries to keep up with the the 262, again that is equipment that is not being used correctly. Honestly I've no idea how people even conceive the idea of taking tanks through a narrow pass rather than going around completely, because there sure was a lot of room to move around.

Just like Anguar a few weeks ago, nobody seemed to care about the Lion until it was put to proper use. What map will need a balance rework the next time a team gets their asses kicked like never before, I wonder.

mayerDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 7:49 PM | Message # 18
Admin
Quote Korsakov829 ()
Just like Anguar a few weeks ago, nobody seemed to care about the Lion until it was put to proper use.

lol 'proper use'... rather massive spawnkilling bash
that was justified crtiticism because there was no way to kill the Lion by the axis (torpedoes didn't do shit)
imo each vehicle should be destroyable by the opponent team and not in the great advantage against every asset they have
or do you want to play Angaur on the allied side when you don't have a Lion and axis got a Yamato? I bet it will be fun experience

btw about no equivalent to the me262, i would like to see a allied jet in the future

SparrowDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 8:41 PM | Message # 19
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 4
I agree with Death

DeathDate: Monday, 2014-03-17, 8:44 PM | Message # 20
Colonel
Korsakov amateurs...so what the 262 is just supposed to fly around since you're not supposed to shoot it down according to you.

If allies had a jet, the 262 wouldn't be a problem, but the way it is right now is spawn killing the allied runway, and then allied tanks can't get air support and they all die.

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Gazap Fighter Balance (m)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: