[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Going back to 0.51? (r)
mardukDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 7:57 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Hi folks,
we have a serious problem: it is called version 0.55.
The new version causes shitloads of problems as you know. Many players including myself have disconnects for no reason all the time. Lots of players also complain about lags. Additionally we can not play some of our favourite maps anymore.
0.55 only brought us one good map back (Berlin Outskirts) and some minor improvements. At the end of the day it causes more problems than every other version before. Especially the disconnection issue is really bad for our playerbase. Lots of players become frustrated and will not try to play anymore. I am also close to the point quitting FHSW because it is just not worth it anymore when I have to restart my computer several times an evening (I did a new tidy re-installation yesterday, it worked fine for one evening and today I have lags and disconnects again).

I know that sounds really hard, but I suggest to go back to version 0.51 otherwise I suppose that we will lose many players due to the new version.
Please think about it.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Korsakov829Date: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 9:26 PM | Message # 2
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Yes, let's go back to 0.51!

Fritz-KempfDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 10:26 PM | Message # 3
FHSW Wikia Admin
Awards: 12
I hate this Bug Version! Get back to 0.51 and wait until a hotfix released! No idea why they released this version? They never see the bugs?

Mr_JDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 10:45 PM | Message # 4
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
I had the same feeling once after having the v0.55 promotion emails sent. But I'm afraid it's too late now since many of the players have the game updated already, I'm just hoping the Dev Team is gonna publish the hotfix as soon as they find the solution.
Besides this, the latest months were not lucky for us. FHT caused the main game server to be empty for most of the time, wonky 0.55, false propaganda of Grabbi who still keeps telling people that FHSW is a dead mod and now the closure of GameSpy, I dunno if we can survive.
This sounds like a pessimistic speech, I realise that. However I prefer the worst truth to the sweetest lies. (oh do I really? tomato )

OPTIMUSDate: Saturday, 2014-08-02, 11:11 PM | Message # 5
Sergeant
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 5
I agree with Mr J, it will not be good asking players who remove this version and play with an old version. Not everyone has a good internet speed and unlimited bandwidth. That said, I think the reason the server is unpopulated these days is because summer time. I look at PFC and they have not managed to get 64 players in a long long time. 

I think we will see more players returning from holiday soon and hopefully more players on the server. Let's not forget that just a few weeks ago we had a fight night that lasted until the early morning.

Korsakov829Date: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 2:01 AM | Message # 6
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
Yeah and when those players do return they'll come back to the piece of shit that is 0.55.

bubuDate: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 8:00 AM | Message # 7
Colonel
Awards: 31
I'm saying bye bye 0.55, Hello 0.51  wink

But seriously, amount of bugs, crashes, maps that cause the server crash, and a lot of minor problems is really overwhelming and completely killing any superiority of textures or equipment that 0.55 has over 0.51. 
BTW, Maps are loading about the same in my opinion. I know I can't say much about this because it goes with PC's RAM and other parameters but still, it is really the same for me... if not even longer than 0.51.

Santa-AnnaDate: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 8:11 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 19
It would be interesting to establish the reason why there is such a problem with the connection or the inability to start the game. Why do some people have these problems, while others do not. I certainly like FHSW, but for the sake of increasing the number of players I would even go back to the FH version, sorry mah English.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 10:24 AM | Message # 9
General
I know that the playerbase decreases in the summertime, but 0.55 is breaking our neck. I think it will be the best to go back to 0.51 until a hotfix is released. Would you agree?

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 11:27 AM | Message # 10
General
Awards: 38
I don't think 0.55 is the sole reason but it definitely is a part of the problem. MrJ listed the main reasons, FHT caused a huge drop in player count long before the release of 0.55. I also want to mention that there's no advertising for the mod anywhere anymore, how do you think new players will find us? Maybe you guys understand now why being active on moddb, forums etc. is important. There's also no easy way to install 0.55 at the moment, yes there are people who are unable to open .rar and extract it to the correct folder.

I definitely wouldn't mind going back to 0.51 until 0.55 hotfix is here, the current average player count can't decrease anymore. I still have the installers on my external drive.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Sunday, 2014-08-03, 12:46 PM | Message # 11
General
I like to remember that we had our player record with 63 players in January this year! FHSW is a mod based on an old game, but that number shows that it still
works smile It does not matter that silly things like the FHT issue happen. FHSW survived for 5 years.
But it works because player can connect to the server and stay on it. We will not ne able keeping old players and getting new players if they have trouble connecting to the server, which is a basic requirement. Most players will not notice the difference between 0.51 and 0.55.
I think my point is clear. I want this mod to survive and for this purpose we need to go back to 0.51 at least until a hotfix for 0.55 is released.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

JucabalaDate: Wednesday, 2014-08-06, 7:42 PM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
after all ladies and gents, who else on this side of the hemisphere hosts a FHSW server anyway ? 
so move back to the stable version... 

omg ... I didnt save the old version ... dont forget to provide the links again...
and dont bother with us closing down the main server because of tourneys ...
it seems every day that pass it will become more difficult to launch a new camp.

Endless_NamelessDate: Thursday, 2014-08-07, 10:09 PM | Message # 13
General
Awards: 38
Quote marduk ()
I like to remember that we had our player record with 63 players in January this year!

Yes the weeks just before FHT started we had a lot of players. But it didn't just happen randomly, people wanted to try it out before going into the tournament. And again I want to emphasize that the tournament and the events shortly before it were advertised on a lot of forums/websites.

Doesn't look like anyone is 100% against it so why not just do it now?

PS: I have extremly slow internet at the moment (20 to 30 kbyte/s) so I can't really play at the moment.

0.51 installers can be found on moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/forgotten-hope-secret-weapon/downloads

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 4:10 PM | Message # 14
General
Ok, then lets go for it. I think the silly season is a good time to do it now!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

wewakDate: Friday, 2014-08-08, 9:19 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
There is a 0.551 hotfix available.. http://wbmuse.blog89.fc2.com/blog-entry-200.html#more

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 0:14 AM | Message # 16
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
can´t find any downloadbutton ... sad

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 10:27 AM | Message # 17
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Here are the inks, they are just not highlighted in the text:
https://dropbox.com/s/9trbiktzh93suj3/FHSW0551.rar
https://sugarsync.com/pf/D1189383_79101359_6015005

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 11:42 AM | Message # 18
Lieutenant General
@ Radio many thx! 

Hm, is it clientside? And can we install it or shall we have to wait till the server is updated?!  wacko

RADIOSMERSHDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 12:10 PM | Message # 19
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
As I understood, this patch is both applicable to client and server.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Saturday, 2014-08-09, 12:35 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant General
Ah OK. So we need someone to update the server too suspect !

• Page 1 of 1
Search: