[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Adminplan (r) (Schedule for Admins)
Adminplan (r)
mardukDate: Sunday, 2016-04-17, 10:07 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
Hi folks,
we want to introduce a new system for the map setting. I call it "Adminplan".
The idea is that we want to have more admins who can set maps regularly. We will make a schedule one week in advance and you, our admins, will tell us when you have time and then you can set the maps on those days. I, for example, have time nearly every thursday from 6 - 12 pm. If you also have time on certain days and want to set maps, just tell us. We will prefer players who are known to us and who are part of the community for a longer time.
If you have ideas how to improve this plan feel free to post them!

The schedule might look like this:

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Monday, 2016-04-18, 4:33 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
I'd be willing to do a time slot or two during the weekdays.  rolleyes Also since I am in North America I'm able to be on some of the more extreme times (late, late night/early early morning) when you guys are not, meaning I could be spread out during the hours most Europeans aren't on. Just let me know if you think I might be able to do this.

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Monday, 2016-04-18, 4:34 AM

RADIOSMERSHDate: Monday, 2016-04-18, 11:17 AM | Message # 3
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
Sadly, I casually play time to time with no certain schedule, as I could volunteer than.
Btw, nice to see someone using Libreoffice. up

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Monday, 2016-04-18, 11:18 AM

mardukDate: Monday, 2016-04-18, 6:26 PM | Message # 4
General
@Ben: I was hoping you would volunteer smile Just post the times you prefer. Regarding the extreme times: we are happy about every hour between 0 - 12 am. Also, I hope we can get Winbean and Canuk in for those times. You three might split up those times amongst you if you like to - and spread the word in your time zone so you will not be alone ;)

This is only the next step after brainstorming. We are trying to figur out if this could work. So just tell us the times you could be an admin, it is no obligation.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

sonikglightDate: Monday, 2016-04-18, 8:25 PM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
My work schedule is random I mostly work 12 to 16 hour every day if any days off i get is mainly on Sundays at the moment now

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-19, 4:19 PM | Message # 6
General
Ah, too bad. But if you know when you have a day off we can set u in the adminplan on that day.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

sonikglightDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-20, 1:02 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
yeah sucks, modern day slavery in United States    lmao.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

(HH)BenjaminDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-26, 11:51 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
In response to Marduk, I have been trying to be somewhat consciousness of what times I'm actually on my computer and able to be on the server. What follows is a sketch of a time plan that would work well for me personally and also accommodating to my time zone in relation to being an administrator on the server.

Almost all weekdays (M-Th) except Fridays are generally open for me, unless I have something specific in which I have to attend, otherwise I could monitor the server on those days. The times on those days that I'd be available would be roughly 1800-2200 MDT, which is roughly 0200-0600 GMT+2. Now, considering this to be a very extreme time for the majority population of the server and in regard to Marduk's comments above, I do not feel obligated to sit on the server during those days from those times when nobody is on the server anyways.  lol However, if the FHSW North American community has a large player number growth or the server is just populated at these extreme hours for Europeans, I will be there to monitor the server at those times.  To summarize how I see my administrative position on FHSW Europe server considering this schedule, I would probably be considered the night guard.  king

mardukDate: Thursday, 2016-05-05, 11:54 PM | Message # 9
General
@Ben: Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

@All: I would be really grateful if more regular players would participate in the Adminplan. It is meant as a form of participation to give the players more power for the mapsetting. The critism about my choice of maps is endless. I am doing the main admin job for nearly six years now and nearly every map is refused by somebody who lets me know it. I have tried out lots of stuff to reduce the complaints:
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-702-1
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/35-736-1
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/4-661-1
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/2-344-1
http://fhsw-europ.ucoz.de/forum/4-665-1

See? The critism does not end nevertheless biggrin That's ok, I do not take it personally. I see the whole thing more interested and trying to develope this project "FHSW Europe". The Adminplan is one piece of the developement to give players more power over the mapsetting. I was hoping players like Ben, Santa-Anna, Air Troll, Slobodan, Xenanab and others would use the chance to become an admin for some time of the week. I see many amongst the players that are able to be an admin for a time YOU CHOOSE.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Friday, 2016-05-06, 1:31 AM | Message # 10
Colonel
I agree with you Marduk, I am fully supportive of getting more people involved with the maps that are set, the times that I have already listed above though are about as flexible as I can be at least during the week, and during the weekends I'm not really needed as an Admin as there are enough other senior members on, such as yourself, to handle the maps.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Friday, 2016-05-06, 6:37 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
quite short in time atm spring rises to summer and arms and legs will develop a rotating disk  wacko ...

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Message edited by Robert_von_Eberhahn - Friday, 2016-05-06, 6:38 PM

XenanabDate: Saturday, 2016-05-07, 10:36 AM | Message # 12
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
The problem is that my scendule of free time is very inconsistent. I can't promise anything.
And when times get harder during my study I can't join the server for weeks.

So if you like to see me as a map admin I would agree, but I cannot promise that I will be online every day.
As you know I know the maps of FHSW pretty well and I believe I could find a way for everyone to enjoy the game.

mardukDate: Saturday, 2016-05-07, 2:34 PM | Message # 13
General
@Xena: thats ok, the idea is basically that everybody only has one or two 2 h-shifts a week. We will not make a fixed Adminplan, it will change from week to week depending on the freetime of the admins.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

LampoDate: Saturday, 2016-05-07, 4:26 PM | Message # 14
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
I'd like to do something but 1 hour of playing = 50 illegal immigrates cross the border.      :icecream:
All jokes aside, I'm in a bad period with a bad health condition  . Buuuuut, I will survive ( yes, I think... )

Message edited by Lampo - Saturday, 2016-05-07, 4:28 PM

bubuDate: Saturday, 2016-05-07, 6:00 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Awards: 31
I have the same problem as Xena has, and that is no schedule of free time. Well but what's worse I don't know all maps as good as my hand :/ So I couldn't decide properly among all the requests people might have.

alvarogilhernandez15Date: Saturday, 2016-05-07, 8:57 PM | Message # 16
Private
Awards: 1
buena suerte lampo biggrin beer

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Adminplan (r) (Schedule for Admins)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: