[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Event suggestion (r)
Event suggestion (r)
Born-1942Date: Tuesday, 2017-02-14, 2:36 AM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
Well, as the topic already says is a suggestion regarding the events of fhsw. The south and central north america has the time zone of 8 hours apart from europe in the case of germany where the server is, and this as everyone already knows is inconvenient for them, therefore I wanted to propose a suggestion for 2 event by week.
How will this event: well it will be on the weekend on Friday the event, the schedule who is in North America could propose a schedule that would be good for everyone to participate. It is basically an event for the South and Central North people to play together, because it is very inconvenient for these continents to play in European time zones. It is very complicated for them as everyone already knows, if this is really useful I hope that the admin responsible Accept this suggestion.

Added (2017-02-14, 1:36 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I say 2 event because there is already one, but in fact it would be another event to be held on Fridays and the event on normal Sunday.
If it's needed or if you guys need help I can do this and help.  gunsmilie

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 0:50 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
I would entirely support this and I would try to participate as often as I could!

My suggestion would be to host the event at a reasonable time according the the Eastern time zone (GMT-6) of the United States and everything on that longitude. The other time zones on North and South America that are further west can configure easily to this time setting. 

My questions are will these be held on the European FHSW server? If so, is the server title going to be renamed from just the European FHSW community to NA/SA/Europe Server, or something along the likes of that? As to reflect the overall FHSW community. Also, we need to get a dedicated, committed North or South American admin that is willing to set maps and administer at these times of day such as right now through the evening, as this is when most North and South American players are getting on.

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 3:11 AM | Message # 3
Colonel
Yes, you are totally sure as i said i can offer help really i want to help, i can do this. I from South America could help in this case if need be.
In relation to schedules I wanted people like me from these continents to propose a better schedule for all, and yes it is our european fhsw server.

My suggestion on the schedules to be defined:

It would be on Fridays at 6pm North America time zone, for min this schedule is great because I believe it would also be good for all of the south, central and north because the differences are 1 to 2 hours.

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 3:38 AM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 4:11 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
When you say North American time zone which one do you mean?

There's Eastern, Central, Mountain, and Pacific.

I suggest we do Eastern just because it would be the latest time of them all, as it is furthest east. Such as what you recommended doing, 6pm on Fridays Eastern Time.

Born-1942Date: Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 11:10 AM | Message # 5
Colonel
I simply want to say that north, south and central schedules are practically the same, to the east I did not think much about it, so I told the people of these continents to propose a calendar because it would be complicated for us from the West because when here it is Earlier it would be later (GMT-6).

Example: northern time zone and similar to the south, central and north now if we think more to the east would be 6pm of difference ie we started the event at 6pm would be 12pm, now I do not know if this is inconsistent for them, but yes I agree with the idea of schedules to be set to the east, because they also play with us more like I said we need more suggestion my suggestion and this to the west, but I also believe it would not be so inconvenient because this would be on a weekend but really I do not know but I want to settle this with all of you.

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 11:18 AM

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-02-15, 10:07 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Oh I'm sorry, I believe we've had a failure to communicate.

When I said east, I was talking about the East cost of North America and it's time zone, not east as in Europe.

Born-1942Date: Thursday, 2017-02-16, 2:30 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Ah I understand apologize also for understanding this wrong situation.

Now that I understand, we can do a following to the east, we can shorten the schedule from 6pm to 4pm North American time I think it would be very good. Would be nice?
Send your suggestions for the development of European community events in other continents.  smile

Message edited by luiscarlosred - Thursday, 2017-02-16, 3:26 PM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Event suggestion (r)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: