[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » New Website Design 2019 (r)
New Website Design 2019 (r)
Stefan1990Date: Saturday, 2019-04-27, 4:35 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
Hi guys! After a long break i am back in bussines. I will become a dad in the next few days and i am now at home for 1 month. Next to baby watching and stuff i will work here in the community and try to move some stuff wink

First thing i want to change is the Homepage and the Forum.
Marduk and i will change a lot on the look of the website and the forum.

Please post your ideas, suggestions and complains here in this thread!

thx and keep fighting and have fun here on our server!

Born-1942Date: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 5:45 AM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 16
well, for me the site is now perfect this way, congratulations. now one thing has left me confused, and maybe it's your mistake, I do not see the top 3 commented topics recents ... we have to get back with this, so it's easier to know what's happening in the forum lately.

Nicknames BornDarkness and Soldado da Wehrmacht

bubuDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 12:13 PM | Message # 3
Colonel
Awards: 31
Hey Stefan, welcome back in business smile

1. The most important one: Paypal link. We need that to finance the current server. So placing it somewhere visible, is preferable

2. The latest forum posts: So players can see which forum topics were created/modified. For example, without marduk telling me there is this thread, I wouldn't know about it.

3. The recruitment for advertisement video should, imo, be the first, then below it there should be mappack link, and then the sunday event.

Apart from these changes, we now have a reliable server that we are paying for so we are able to start hosting our own web page on our server. Me and Radio are capable of creating full webpage with all functionalities our current page has. The problem with current page is that it is based on .ucoz domain and therefore it gets any advertisements that ucoz pushes. Moreover these ads differ based on location of the user accessing the webpage. As such, these ads can be literally anything - adult movies and companies ads, sites that run scrips to hijack cookies, virus propagating sites, etc. - e.g. E-3 had multiple adult ads pop up, my adblock blocks 2-4 ads. All of these take away from the webpage's and community's credibility and potentially scare away players from accessing our page, or even the server.
The first step would be to find out whether we can move all of the forum posts easily. As far as I know, Radio knows that ucoz should have a function in their page management to export all of the forum posts into some sort of a file that is then usable elsewhere (might be .xml file?). For this we would need your support Stefan - it would be wonderful if you could look around smile happy

mardukDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 12:53 PM | Message # 4
General
Awards: 45
First of all: many thanks to Stefan!
He started to overwork the design yesterday, totally caught me by surprise biggrin , but from the beginning I knew it was the right thing and I immediately helped him. At the end we had overworked the design for about three hours and it looks great I think.

We still have a problem with the content boxes though. We have some more boxes to put on the page (like the Top 3 threads and the donations banner), but we do not really know where to put them. It would be really stupid to just put them all on the left side. The page would become unnecessarily long. Also, the chatbox is way too far below, I think it should be visible without scrolling.

Apart from that I fully support Bubus approach!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 1:28 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Yep, it looks great so far smile Just need couple of the finishing touches hehe.

I have a slight idea:  https://imgur.com/CRSmOV0

I am not entirely sure if it is possible because of the ucoz limitations. But moving the server time to the empty space (blue box on top) would free up enough space for 1 of the things we need, if not both the paypal poster and the forum updates. What do you think?

mardukDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 2:04 PM | Message # 6
General
Awards: 45
No Bubu, I do not allow you to move my beloved clock!! biggrin
Seriously: it needs to be above the server info because it is pretty handy for people in different time zones (more than 1 or 2 hours difference) when the servertime is right above the server info (especially for Sunday events!).

I shrinked the server info boxes and put the "Donations" and "Top 3 Threads" under the shoutbox and changed the things you suggested at 3.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 2:25 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Hahaha biggrin well I only thought to move the time itself so it would be still visible, so the time in the red box.

Another thing is, it seems completely different on the phone as the site oa now responsive (which is good) but we need to figure the design for phone screens as well, I guess

RADIOSMERSHDate: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 6:42 PM | Message # 8
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
I like the design so far, although I've a few issues with it:
1). The padding after menu is unnecessary, as it only eats space
2). Colors of several text elements should be made more contrast against the background, as right now they are barely readable: for instance, date text in clock widget, publication time in last forum posts block and color of text in the forum rich text editor, etc.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Sunday, 2019-04-28, 6:46 PM

Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2019-04-28, 11:23 PM | Message # 9
General
Awards: 10
Thanks guys for your feedback! But i have to make clear that not everything is possible to change at the moment. marduk an i have no html skills. if you know some skilled person to do that job, pleas contact on of us!

bubuDate: Monday, 2019-04-29, 7:10 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Yep smile As far as I know it is me and Radio who know Html and css... But I know the ucoz limits the possibilities to a certain degree.

Added (2019-05-01, 8:40 AM)
---------------------------------------------
One more idea biggrin A paypal counter towards the monthly goal.
It would need some space below the paypal poster, if possible ofc.

Added (2019-05-05, 7:24 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Another idea please: a link to server statistics running (made by Radio) on the main page. Probably below Sunday event.

abbcheese_Date: Monday, 2019-05-06, 9:46 AM | Message # 11
Private
Group: Trusted
Awards: 3
Can we merge the Infos and FHSW corner subforums?

starking018Date: Thursday, 2020-10-29, 5:33 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
I like the new design, except that it is relatively narrow and doesn't fill the whole width (depends on what browser and screen/window size you have).

Recently the embedded Discord widget on the homepage disappeared (on my browser at least). Can we please have it back, and/or at least an invitation link for the Discord server in the top menu? It is important to have on the homepage something leading to the Discord server, which is now an important alternative place and format for discussions. Currently the only reference to it can be found on the FAQ page. Perhaps you can use the same invite link (by eYe.ris) from there: https://discord.gg/vkcWCVp

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » New Website Design 2019 (r)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: