[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
Should we !restart afer everboday is joined, or add more time at the beginning?
1.!restart by Admin on duty after almost everbody is joined[ 4 ][23.53%]
2.New map starts atomaticaly after a 120 second deleay[ 6 ][35.29%]
3.New map starts atomaticaly after a 180 second deleay[ 7 ][41.18%]
Answers total: 17
Stefan1990Date: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 11:15 AM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 10
I think we should stop restarts to prevent disconnects and server crashes. 2min is a good time i think.

basilonemoh7Date: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 11:21 AM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 2
I agree, the delayed start is what Kabu server uses in Japan. I do believe that the delay setting begins when the map is loaded on the server, not when the map is loading on each player's machine.

John Basilone
Medal of Honor Winner
1916-1945
KIA Iwo Jima

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 3:15 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
I think doing a delayed start is a great idea to prevent the disconnect issue, however doing a 120 seconds delay is pushing it A little bit. How about we start with 60 seconds and work our way up to see what balance it out the best. I like to create a perfect balanced sweet spot because a lot of people load up pretty fast and they don't like to wait while other people are loading up very slow. Not everybody has patience to wait a lot of people just want to have a fast game.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 3:19 PM | Message # 4
General
Awards: 45
Quote E-3: "because a lot of people load up pretty fast"

Also a lot of ppl don't load up fast... 60 sec gives them a disadvantage and is unfair. 120 sec won't be enough too. 180 would be fair enough imo.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

GameplayerDate: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 3:32 PM | Message # 5
Silver Donator
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 12
I think same as marduk. I always had slower connecting speed and I had slower load times too. I cannot say if I load in time, but I know that admins have always restarted after everybody is on the server. If somebody disconnect for something they can reconnect and the round has just started. But with this delay system I think example if I disconnect and come back the round has restarted like 5 minutes ago after I loaded and that is bad thing. Admins usually restart when clock is 31 minutes and then it's again 35 or 45 and it's better. Do not change this.

Hates too quick judgement.

aka Gameplayer or Gameplayer500

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 5:35 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote marduk ()
Also a lot of ppl don't load up fast... 60 sec gives them a disadvantage
and is unfair. 120 sec won't be enough too. 180 would be fair enough
imo.
Marduk I know it's not Fair to those people who are loading slow.
But if you want new people to the game I don't think they have the patience to wait 2 minutes it's a common trend with everybody that everything has to go fast.
When I'm looking at other people who are playing different games like World of Tanks, war Thunder, Battlefield 5, you name it.
There's one thing that they have in common none of them have patience a lot of people are not going to like seeing a timer slowly drop down and then waiting for it reach zero that's just a hard fact.
I always say there is balance between everything and this also require some balancing out.
Personally I would prefer then a 100 second time delay but that option is not available in vote so I went with 120 seconds.
So let's see how it goes for couple of weeks and if we lose population because of this change then we can just go back to restarting the game.
But maybe we even gain population because of it, in that case that will be the way forward from that point who knows.

I have been streaming my gameplay to twitch for a while now.
So far I have been successful in getting 3 new players to the game and I want to continue this success.
I hope by seeding my stream in the games and demo section of twitch I will even get more new players to the game but for that I need to be in the top ranks of most viewed channels this can be accomplished by having simply our players join my twitch stream I would be very visible then.
I have always loved bf1942 it's always been one of the best games ever made to me.
What I'm doing on twitch I do with my heart I hope to become somewhat popular and that I gain more population for the game so fhsw and bf1942 will stay alive for future generations.

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2020-04-19, 5:36 PM

zzzMosquitozzzDate: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 6:32 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 2
I vote for the 180 seconds delay ! I think we must wait about everybody be connected. The speed of processor and video card disadvantage some players but the main problem is the disconnection that happens when Admin restart the game !

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-04-19, 10:37 PM | Message # 8
General
@E-3: new people for the game - What are u talking about?!
We are just breaking record after record. Restarts definitely are not a problem lol

And what about the other way around? What about players getting annoyed coz they are constantly late in a round coz of slower computer and delayed start at only min 34?

U are just making up that we need a short delay. You have no prove, nothing. just guessing.

Generally I think this was a good idea with the delayed restart, thx Stefan! But defo not 60 or 120 sec only.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Monday, 2020-04-20, 6:20 AM | Message # 9
Colonel
Awards: 31
Ok, proven concept: Kabu server uses 120s delay. Style "connected or not, here we go". Results in 128 player server being full.

I vote for 120-180 second delay with more favour to the 120 seconds.

Let's all agree on putting up 120 seconds for the start and adjust as needed after 1-2 trial weeks based on how many players will be still loading when the round starts? happy

FranktheEraserDate: Monday, 2020-04-20, 8:28 AM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Awards: 5
Hi bubu,

I don't think they get 128 players as a result of the delay starts. They have their own community like ours,, plus the players they get from their country, as well as through Youtube, and players of our community who like to test new maps or that connect at times our server is empty.
As an user with slow speed, I have rooted for the first option, as I don't think people like to wait like that and get removed their "right"  to warm up a little bit. It's just my pov xd.

In Soviet Russia, FHSW chooses you. Tkers must be purged. -FraNKVD-

bubuDate: Monday, 2020-04-20, 3:35 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
True, true, although what I mean is the effect they do not lose players by disconnections, which can occur with a restart of a map. I just shortcutted to the conclusion there.

60s = worst for slow loading people, too short, makes quickly loading people stare at screen for 1 more minute after loading screen
120s = seems like a good balance between 60 and 180 ?
180s = best for slow loading people, 3 minutes are eternity

Overall, we must consider we will lose warm-up phase when we can fool around for 2-3 minutes until a restart. Why? Because if the round starts after 60/120/180s, then it is a start of a round and the pre-restart/warm-up phase simply won't exist anymore. Therefore, if it is just 60s, those quickly loading people will stare at their screens having no warm-up any way. 

So we got a trade-off deal to make here unsure

E-3Date: Monday, 2020-04-20, 4:25 PM | Message # 12
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote marduk ()
@E-3: new people for the game - What are u talking about?!We are just breaking record after record. Restarts definitely are not a problem lol

And what about the other way around? What about players getting annoyed coz they are constantly late in a round coz of slower computer and delayed start at only min 34?

U are just making up that we need a short delay. You have no prove, nothing. just guessing.

Generally I think this was a good idea with the delayed restart, thx Stefan! But defo not 60 or 120 sec only.

well I can't actually say I add 3 new players to the game despite having a good chat conversation on Twitch it doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I can say I have added at least one player.

Niki-Tret couldn't get fhsw to work on his computer, but with the fhsw.iso that was made by radio he was able to install the MOD and the game in one go and joined up on the server.

You can look actually at some of my videos if you wish they will have the chat conversations I had available on the videos.

my twitch

I'm planning to expand on multiple platforms the more the better my goal is to keep getting players who are willing to play the game wherever they may come from.

I'm not trying to prove anything here. what I'm saying here is just from what my personal feeling is and what I think people would feel who have a fast computer.
So I think they are not going to like waiting for the timer to go to zero before they can spawn and play.

However you have a equally good point there are also a lot of players who have slower computers which do not join up that fast and they will not like that 3 or 4 mins of the round is already going to be over before they finally joined up.

Then of course we also have the problem of the weird way Battlefield handles player balance.
Sometimes all the slow loading players are set up in the same team which literally means you do not have an enemy to kill with auto team enabled it then becomes annoying for the fast loaders lol.

We just can't have it both ways, it's either one side who is not going to like it or the other.
So just balancing it out is a good start.
Just do whatever you feel is right and whatever you feel is good so far it worked out perfectly fine for the Japanese maybe it will work out perfectly fine for us as well.

Message edited by E-3 - Monday, 2020-04-20, 4:25 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2020-04-21, 7:04 AM | Message # 13
General
Quote Bubu: "Let's all agree on putting up 120 seconds for the start and adjust as needed after 1-2 trial weeks based on how many players will be still loading when the round starts?"

I agree, but let's do it the other way around. 180 seconds first, then 120.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Thursday, 2020-04-23, 4:28 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Sounds reasonable unsure

mardukDate: Friday, 2020-04-24, 1:40 PM | Message # 15
General
Ok, we got 16 votes so far, and nobody has voted in the last days anymore.
We got a draw between 180 and 120 Sec.
I think we should try out by 180 delayed start this weekend - no restarts!
I have adjusted the remote manager already.
We will see how it goes and then we can discuss again.
Cu on the battlefield!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Saturday, 2020-04-25, 9:58 AM | Message # 16
Colonel
Ehm, technical issue with implementation:

Any ideas how to make it 180 trolli/e3/radio? Please check the image of settings below.

The round start delay has max. value of 120 so can we implement 60s delay on first spawn into the game? What's the difference between spawn time and spawn delay uhm ?

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-04-26, 0:52 AM | Message # 17
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote bubu ()
Ehm, technical issue with implementation:Any ideas how to make it 180 trolli/e3/radio? Please check the image of settings below.

Oh yes I forgot lol it's been so long ago since I did a time delay yeah 120 is I think the max. May be possible to extended using a con file but I'm not so certain.

mardukDate: Monday, 2020-05-04, 12:27 PM | Message # 18
General
I think the delayed start works good so far - thanks for your suggestion Stefan! smile

I think there are a few maps where it doesn't work so fine though. Yesterday Allied won both on Bizerte and The Storm in less than ten minutes because Axis wasn't able to build up a proper defense quick enough. Actually really pissed me off lol
So I think on some maps we might need an additional restart, or -if somehow posssible- generally increase the delay by 60 to 180 seconds.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2020-05-05, 11:23 AM | Message # 19
Colonel
Yep, my idea is to restart when first timer reaches 60 seconds. That way we will have 180s because timer will restart to additional 120s. This will work only when an admin will load quickly enough to be able to restart when timer reaches the 60s.

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2020-05-05, 12:40 PM | Message # 20
General
Sounds like a usefull idea. When I have loaded it's mostly 40 sec left so it kinda works out when I am on duty.
Dunno about the other admins though...

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: