[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
Should we !restart afer everboday is joined, or add more time at the beginning?
1.!restart by Admin on duty after almost everbody is joined[ 4 ][23.53%]
2.New map starts atomaticaly after a 120 second deleay[ 6 ][35.29%]
3.New map starts atomaticaly after a 180 second deleay[ 7 ][41.18%]
Answers total: 17
E-3Date: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 2:42 PM | Message # 21
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Quote bubu ()
Yep, my idea is to restart when first timer reaches 60 seconds. That way we will have 180s because timer will restart to additional 120s. This will work only when an admin will load quickly enough to be able to restart when timer reaches the 60s.

won't that cause issues for people who are at that point still loading up ? How about pausing the game ? I know there are people who are saying the pause button causes issues and I really don't know how it will affect fhsw, but from what I remember in the days I was a admin on a desert combat server it never really seem to cause any issues, but then again that was in the days when everybody was running Windows XP and the server was running Windows NT 2003.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 2:43 PM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2020-05-06, 2:44 PM | Message # 22
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
I agree that pausing the game is a better idea than restarting the round.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

mardukDate: Saturday, 2020-05-09, 7:38 PM | Message # 23
General
Unfortunately pausing the game crashes the game... Just happened on Kasserine...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

E-3Date: Sunday, 2020-05-10, 1:57 AM | Message # 24
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
Quote marduk ()
Unfortunately pausing the game crashes the game... Just happened on Kasserine...

Well in that case we are back at restarting the game again this might sound weird how about we return things to the way they were. Because it seems to be the best we can do.

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

mardukDate: Sunday, 2020-05-10, 7:58 AM | Message # 25
General
I think we should keep the delayed start and restart as well before the round starts and anybody has spawned.
This should prevent disconnects and gives enough time for everybody to join the game.
That's about 3 to 4 mins alltogether before round starts, so basically the same time we let pass before we restarted in the past.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Suggestions: » Vote: NO Restarts anymore on Events or Fightnights!
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: