[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » [FHSW] North America (r) (Lets build up a new FHSW chapter)
[FHSW] North America (r)
mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-09, 10:04 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 45
The European Time Zone is inconvenient for players from North America.
When we play in the evening, it is morning for them. That limits their opportunity to play. But when it is evening in North America, it is night/morning in Europe and the server is not populated.

I think it would be a win-win-situation for European- and North American-players, if they would introduce their own FHSW chapter and populate our server at the times when it is empty anyway.

The only things that are needed are a core of North American players who advertise the mod overseas, who have admin rights and can this way build up a community.

This is just an idea, but I am sure it can work if we support them with our experience and ideas. Another benefit is that there are times when we can all play together.

Just throw in your ideas and we create a concept to make this real!!

1. Core of North American players who have rights on the server
2. Advertisement - spread the word on North American Gaming pages
3. Directly linked to this forum: own forum for FHSW North America where gaming times and events are advertised
4. ...
5. ...

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-09, 10:09 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
I am 100% fully on board with this idea. Myself being an American FHSW player, have always felt that having a dedicated North American amount of players would really enhance our community, since people are more available in the evening than in the morning almost everywhere. I've spread the word and recommended this mod to many people but a lot of them in the end didn't join the community because of the awkward times we have to join in order for the server to be populated. I don't have any places that I can advertise FHSW except by word of mouth, but you can count me in as a core member of the FHSW North American Team!

Message edited by (HH)Benjamin - Wednesday, 2016-03-09, 10:10 PM

sonikglightDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 0:56 AM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Not just North America, but Central and South America too.

Cause I seen the other server getting these players from Central South America too.

I want them all here on this FHSW community.

In fact maybe we can change the name to FHSW International Community or something like this, we can use FHSW world wide Community.

That way we can kill off some other belief about this community do to blasphemy.

I also doing my part spamming Facebook Google+, youtube, and by mouth spreading the word.

International!

After all this is a World War .

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Monday, 2016-03-28, 1:19 AM

XenanabDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 2:25 AM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Well, last time there were some Japanese players on our server.
I wonder what they are going to do now after Prince Umeboshi went down.

mardukDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 7:53 AM | Message # 5
General
We could create a FHSW "brand". What I mean is, a consistent advertisement with a distinctive design. Every advertisement has to lead to this forum and the server. Simple messages.
Due to the fact that this game is so old, we have to advertise it and the community needs to grow in order to survive.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

wewakDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 10:34 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
@Xen: They already have a replacement server, the gametracker on our homepage should be updated.

sonikglightDate: Monday, 2016-03-28, 11:36 PM | Message # 7
Private
Need to take off the password on team speak.

We need our admins or any body really on team speak to help or just to have a conversation.

This will help to get New and old players to stay.

We can send propaganda all we want, but the end result will rely on their feelings, did they make a friend blah blah blah.

We are dealing with psychological warfare.

yes they will be ones that will be annoying on team speak.

tip= Just mute them or tell them to shut up, or try to explain to them or bring up another conversation.

Added (2016-03-28, 10:36 PM)
---------------------------------------------
marduk, "We could create a FHSW "brand"

this is a good idea.

Message edited by sonikglight - Monday, 2016-03-28, 11:33 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2016-03-29, 5:50 PM | Message # 8
General
Awards: 38
I have removed the TS3 password and added the new Japanese server on the sidebar.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

sonikglightDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 4:12 AM | Message # 9
Private
Edit the welcome mat too.

You know when you join the game it say,  welcome to the FHSW European Community server .

Message edited by sonikglight - Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 4:14 AM

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 12:56 PM | Message # 10
General
@soniklight: yea, maybe just remove the "European". Sounds less limited to the continent then. Changes can be good to keep the community interesting. Thanks four your input!

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2016-03-30, 4:45 PM | Message # 11
General
Hmm I think "FHSW Europe" is part of our "brand". See what Google autocomplete shows if you type in FHSW:

That tells me it's an established term in the internet and people search for it.

Quote sonikglight ()
You know when you join the game it say,  welcome to the FHSW European Community server .

You have to read it like this: Welcome to the [FHSW Europe] Community server then it makes sense.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Sunday, 2016-04-03, 12:41 PM | Message # 12
General
Quote Endless:
"Hmm I think "FHSW Europe" is part of our "brand"."

I think you are right. I kinda had the same feeling because we are established sind 2010. This is why I first suggested another chapter - FHSW (North) America.

--

I have another idea to get more attention via search engines, I wrote a text with some key terms. We can just put it on the bottom of the page.

"FHSW is a mod for the well-known Bf1942 from EA Games. Despite the mod is based on a game released in 2002 there is hardly any other World War 2-ego-shooter that gives you as many possibilities as FHSW.
If you are looking for an extraordinary first-person shooter based in World War 2 you have met the right community. We are a great community with players from nearly all around the world.
FHSW is not just a 3D-shooter, you can also fight in many other different dimensions: it is a simulation for tanks, planes, ships and lots of other vehicles. You can fight in the deserts of North Africa, on the shores of Northern Europe, in the Pacific jungle and in many other theatres. Just go to the download section and download the game for free!"

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Endless_NamelessDate: Monday, 2016-04-04, 6:55 PM | Message # 13
General
Quote marduk ()
I have another idea to get more attention via search engines, I wrote a text with some key terms. We can just put it on the bottom of the page.

Done.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 3:26 AM | Message # 14
Private
Watch this video 

Google will look at the page that has the most  "FHSW" "European" if it can it will find them together.

My suggestion is to change the front page, But keep the URL address and over time change URL.

Message edited by sonikglight - Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 3:30 AM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-05, 6:47 PM | Message # 15
General
@soniklight: I definitely support that. I have a friend who worked as a search engine optimizer and it is quite incredible how you can reach a higher traffic on your page just by changing simple things on it.

But if I got it right we also need pages and people who link us. That will become more difficult.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2016-04-19, 3:47 AM | Message # 16
Private
I noticed the events are every week, I think we should go down on the event to make em more special, otherwise they just become more monotonous.

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-20, 2:04 PM | Message # 17
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
It would be nice if u came on the idea, that running a campaign at FHT is making FHSW known to the audience too. There are at least a few players present at FHT who live in north america or America at all. And they are potential people who talk about FHSW and make it more known to the player base.

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-04-20, 3:42 PM | Message # 18
General
@soniklight: Na, we do events on every sunday for 5-6 years now and it keeps working out great. Never change a running system.
We rather need other, nice additional stuff like the Adminplan or FHSW (North) America.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

(HH)BenjaminDate: Wednesday, 2017-01-11, 10:05 PM | Message # 19
Colonel
Group: Trusted
Awards: 9
I saw Marduk's comment about the NA FHSW chapter on the Admin thread and I just wanted to see where progress was at on setting this chapter up and keep this idea going, as it is a very good one!

rbsekacDate: Saturday, 2017-01-21, 11:15 AM | Message # 20
Sergeant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 2
Good idea Cleaner. Because of its variety, FHSW is a better game than FH1.

DCX Apache

DCX Apache

Forum » Welcome to the [FHSW] Europe Community! » English Language » [FHSW] North America (r) (Lets build up a new FHSW chapter)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: