[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Passing the torch (r)
bubuDate: Monday, 2016-11-14, 5:18 PM | Message # 21
Colonel
Group: Admins
Awards: 31
@E-3:
15MB/s might be ok for max. 15-20 people, I suppose. The best way how to find out this, is to have someone connect and measure the traffic btw...  smile

@Robert:
FHT at the moment is crazy place. I won't explain the reasons why, you can log in, see that admin comittee is falling apart, noone is running the place at all with good leadership and moreover, I rather will not participate in any campaigns there anymore (I cannot be asked anymore to hear and read stuff that admins and HQs are bringing against each other and I honestly tried my best to be as gentleman and as Captain like as possible, but amidst all the good people there, the top places are ran by not very assertive, friendly and patient people, if I can call it this way....
No offenses to anyone, just explaining wink )

Message edited by bubu - Monday, 2016-11-14, 5:23 PM

E-3Date: Monday, 2016-11-14, 8:06 PM | Message # 22
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
yeah thats why i say you need 100mb sec dedicated server so some 1 has to host it
but like i say ts3 server  no problem to host  for me
i had at 1 time 10 people on my ts3 server

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Monday, 2016-11-14, 8:07 PM

timothyhughes109Date: Monday, 2016-11-14, 8:09 PM | Message # 23
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Well, regarding  Forgotten Honor being crazy, we got hacked a few months ago, via the website, and the owners of FHT decided to ban korsakov because of evidence connecting him. I had my personal doubts, but that is what they decided to do.   Naturally the hack inhibited the effectiveness for our most recent campaigns, with websites and lines of communication being compromised by the hacker.

So the hack required us to set up a whole new website and change our security systems, so we have been in the middle of a transition period regarding this.  

I mean we are no more crazy in banning korsakov than FH2 or FHSW Europe is here.  He seems to have a character against such actions, but I don't find many other logical explanations on the identity of the culprit.  But I would always advice caution when it comes to banning players for cheating. It really sucks to be someone that is banned without such actions being true. 

But regardless of that drama, I am fully capable, willing, and able of hosting a 64-128 player public FHSW server through Forgotten Honor with 24/7 access to anyone here as well as mappacks made by our FH1 mapping team, converted to FHSW.

bubuDate: Monday, 2016-11-14, 8:51 PM | Message # 24
Colonel
@buddydog/timothyhughes:
You forgot to mention that only proof that high admins ever had was that video of Korsakov hacking the game from 2014/2015.
And why? Because every proof that it was NOT Korsakov, was destroyed, when FHT moved from old hosting to a new one. It is very simple as that, there are no possible remnants of who hacked the page available anymore as FHT scrapped the old web page rather quickly, I can say...

Also, you forgot to mention that the high admin committee is completely falling apart and cannot even elect anyone as leader for the FHT as whole and that Dutch, running FHT at the moment, is not very polite person to everyone, has a very loose temper and rather offends and bans whoever that crosses his will, than to help and do the admin duties as they should be done.
It would be very good Buddy, if you stop trying to save your place and your position within the FHT grounds.  wink So putting all the blame on the hacker in this manner is very short version of true events. 

As far as I know, this is not thread for it, but I just have to write this out. I am sorry guys  dry

Message edited by bubu - Monday, 2016-11-14, 8:52 PM

Mr_JDate: Monday, 2016-11-14, 9:35 PM | Message # 25
Accessory Admin
Awards: 22
I've just upgraded my PC and Internet just to read that our beloved eYe gives up...?

BTW Hi all, my 1st post since Decemeber 2015

mardukDate: Monday, 2016-11-14, 9:56 PM | Message # 26
General
Awards: 45
I would really appreciate if you would not discuss any personal matters about Korsakov or Fht in this thread. It is very annoying that there are always people who push any discussion in any thread to a completely different direction. This, by the way, is a problem in lots of internet forums. I summon everybody to focus on the basic that is discussed here and to keep your posts short and to the point. Thank you.
This thread is about finding a new server host.

@Mr J: Welcome back smile

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

timothyhughes109Date: Monday, 2016-11-14, 10:36 PM | Message # 27
Lieutenant
Back on topic,

I have significant resources to host a server and teamspeak. But someone else is more than welcome to do it if preferred.

Current FHSW Europe server admins will mostly be able to continue as server moderators to promote continuity.

Message edited by timothyhughes109 - Monday, 2016-11-14, 10:57 PM

sonikglightDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 3:08 PM | Message # 28
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
What kind of personal information whom have to give out to gain complete control of the server?

I mean what whom is obligated to do with this contract?

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 3:08 PM

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 6:51 PM | Message # 29
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Quote Mr_J ()

SMACK  love

WB Mr_J

I know, I'm too warm, but that's italian character  booze

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 7:05 PM | Message # 30
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Quote marduk ()
This thread is about finding a new server host.

why can't we continue with our server ??? If the problem is the renting, I can ( or better, we can ) pay for next year. The only info I need is how/where/when start. Our problem is a server admin ( Marduk you are ok for me   wink ) for all techical interventions. 
If is possible I can start a monthly payment, give me all infos about it. I prefer montly payment, because if I die you won't play anymore, but only pray for my damned soul  pray priest

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 10:55 PM | Message # 31
Colonel
True, the server could stay the same, or couldnt it? Only the payment can be moved surprised

Lol, Lampo! Omg, don't you die on me my friend! xD  cry console beer

Message edited by bubu - Tuesday, 2016-11-15, 10:56 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-16, 5:24 PM | Message # 32
General
Awards: 38
Quote Mr_J ()
I've just upgraded my PC and Internet just to read that our beloved eYe gives up...?

Hi! Now that's a pleasant surprise.

Quote Lampo ()
why can't we continue with our server ??? If the problem is the renting, I can ( or better, we can ) pay for next year. The only info I need is how/where/when start. Our problem is a server admin ( Marduk you are ok for me   ) for all techical interventions. 

Yes I think the best solution would be if someone just takes over the current server, everything is setup so you don't have to do much.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

E-3Date: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 12:19 PM | Message # 33
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote bubu ()
@E-3:15MB/s might be ok for max. 15-20 people, I suppose. The best way how to find out this, is to have someone connect and measure the traffic btw...
well me winbean done a test on my home run server last day and network use was about 1% with 3 players connected to the server
i know this is no real load test as you need 30 players for that but im sure it got work
my big problem is not my upload speed i can upgrade that to be 30mb upload for 11 euros more but its my
hardware that run the server its now a old computer that take 7 to 8 mins to load a fhsw map so need to upgrade that hardware
so it become faster if i have the money sad .
my  isp may also be a problem in the future for now i have dual stack internet
that means i have a ipv6 and ipv4 address.
in the future my isp may switch to ds-lite this means i have to share a ipv4 address
with more people this will not allow for port forwarding a ipv4 computer on network
also this means more lag as many will connect to single ip.
but in the long run this will effect us all 80% of the internet now runs in ipv4
in future the internet wil run on ipv6 and ipv4 be obsolete.
so unless someone knows how to switch bf1942 to ipv6
bf1942 wil be dead when that happens thank god it wil still be many years before ipv4 is obsolete.

back to topic again
i know a home run server will  work the original  fhsw server was home run see  http://princeumeboshi.sakura.ne.jp/
click server info
at 1 time that server had a 128 players.
even if i cant run that server im sure some one here has the computer and internet speed to do so plus it be a hell of alot cheaper to run
a home server.
because a dedicated server host wil cost 60 euros for 1 month
and gone is your server if you dont have the money

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2016-11-17, 3:53 PM

timothyhughes109Date: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 4:55 PM | Message # 34
Lieutenant
ok. I will be launching a public server.

E-3Date: Thursday, 2016-11-17, 6:53 PM | Message # 35
Lieutenant Colonel
test your net speed here http://www.speedtest.net/ we need a very good upload speed download speed not important as all isp give good download speed
here my test http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5806191362

endless nameless is this your server setup  ?

Intel® Core™ i7-6700
Quad-Core Skylake
incl. Hyper-Threading Technology
  • RAM 32 GB DDR4 RAM
  • Hard Drive 2 x 500 GB SATA 6 Gb/s SSD
    (Software-RAID 1)
  • Connection 1 Gbit/s-Port
  • Guaranteed Bandwidth 1 Gbit/s
  • Backup Space 100 GB
  • Inclusive Traffic 30 TB*

i think this is very overkill as bf1942 will only use 1 core of this cpu  maybe top 3 gb ram

Message edited by E-3 - Thursday, 2016-11-17, 7:30 PM

sonikglightDate: Friday, 2016-11-18, 7:52 PM | Message # 36
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Yes I think the best solution would be if someone just takes over the current server, everything is setup so you don't have to do much.

With respect, I've been asking this question how?

Give us detail.

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2016-11-19, 6:59 PM | Message # 37
General
Awards: 38
Sorry, I saw your post but forgot to answer it. I will talk to them next week.

@E-3: Nope, this are the server specs:

- Intel Core i7-3770
- 4x RAM 4096 MB DDR3

For BF1942/FHSW you need something with a good single thread performance to decrease loading time: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

The RAM is overkill but you usually can't customize hardware when renting a server.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

E-3Date: Sunday, 2016-11-20, 2:30 AM | Message # 38
Lieutenant Colonel
to build  a second-hand server computer it wont cost more as 250 euros  that will load a map as fast  as does now
i think if your server does go offline
it's possible for some here that has a very good internet (preferably glass fiber internet!)
that person got run the server 24/7 for a fraction of the cost

if look at the single core  performance on your link
the intel core i3 is faster as your Core i7-3770  but i3 they are very cheap now

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2016-11-20, 2:32 AM

timothyhughes109Date: Sunday, 2016-11-20, 5:06 AM | Message # 39
Lieutenant
once again, i have a free FHSW server with zero issues.  If you guys are saying no, let me know. Don't really like getting ignored...

E-3Date: Sunday, 2016-11-20, 1:54 PM | Message # 40
Lieutenant Colonel
Quote timothyhughes109 ()
once again, i have a free FHSW server with zero issues. If you guys are saying no, let me know. Don't really like getting ignored...
whats your upload speed bro http://www.speedtest.net/

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2016-11-20, 1:55 PM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Search: