[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
Passing the torch (r)
Endless_NamelessDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-08, 10:21 PM | Message # 1
General
Group: Admins
Awards: 38
Hello everyone!

In January 2015 I started this server because Stefan showed declining interest in his server and there were times when it was down for several days. It was also a fairly old machine and with FHSW 0.55 released the loading times increased quite a bit. My main goal was to start new with a fresh server and increased admin activity. I had no idea how to operate a server but learned it along the way.

We had a lot of fun here and player numbers have been quite good for such an old game. The release of 0.6 also brought a lot of activity back. Thanks for being so loyal! There are a lot of memories I'll never forget, especially the trailer we created together stands out.

But I’ve noticed that like Stefan I’m also slowly losing interest and I want to pass the torch before it’s too late and we’re at the same state as at the end of 2014. Here are my main reasons if someone cares:

• FHSW in general has lost some of its appeal to me, it’s a mix of several things and the main things are: too random damage system in tank vs tank and too many vehicles on each map
  • Increase of server disputes. I made this server to have fun with friends, not to discuss rules and bans every week, I hate doing admin work.
  • But most importantly: less and less time, I play a couple of hours every weekend, that’s it. I can’t really participate much in the community anymore, so it doesn’t make much sense to be the guy who runs (and pays) the show.

I plan on terminating the contract with the server host in January 2017.

So I hope that’s enough time for you to find a good new admin who can be more active again.

Cheers,
eYe.ris

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2016-11-08, 11:32 PM | Message # 2
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
I'm sad for that I'm reading but I understand your problem. Anyways I'm pretty sure you will return because a lot of us had the same interest drop, but we are always came back. At this point I have a question for you about the server. I could pay for next year, waiting for your return and to keep this adventure on. So please, if you may, contact me by mail for all infos I need. The only thing I ask is some help to admim it from who has time and ability. I made some experience with a server I had but I'm really klutz when server needs some technical maintenance. You can give all rights to the reliable volunteers so we can go on.
Thanks for all you did and see you soon.
Max thumbup

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 1:45 AM | Message # 3
Lieutenant General
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
THX eye for ur selfless in running and paying the server v

Gameserver admin on our FHSW Europ server

Korsakov829Date: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 6:06 AM | Message # 4
Major
Group: Blocked
Awards: 1
What's the current specs on the server, how much you paying a month, and to what company? I may or may not be interested.

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 7:50 AM | Message # 5
General
Awards: 45
Quote Endless

"FHSW in general has lost some of its appeal to me, it’s a mix of several things and the main things are: too random damage system in tank vs tank and too many vehicles on each map
Increase of server disputes. I made this server to have fun with friends, not to discuss rules and bans every week, I hate doing admin work.
But most importantly: less and less time, I play a couple of hours every weekend, that’s it. I can’t really participate much in the community anymore, so it doesn’t make much sense to be the guy who runs (and pays) the show."

I can totally understand that.

As lampo I would also be willing to pay (as before).

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 11:11 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant General
Quote marduk ()
As lampo I would also be willing to pay

yes me too

rbsekacDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 11:21 AM | Message # 7
Sergeant
Group: Blocked
Awards: 2
Sorry to hear that.

Can't create a new thread so replying here.

Kikusui Day 2.

I have seen this hang the server twice. First time, it was played during a normal map rotation, then the map ended. At the moment it ended, the server disconnected all players. When trying to reconnect, unable to. Looking in the internet scan, the server showed this map playing. Repeated attempts to connect failed. The server stayed on this map for 3 hours before an
admin resolved it.

Second time, I went to connect to server and this map was playing. Unable to connect. Someone resolved this.

Regards,

DCX Apache

DCX Apache

E-3Date: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 1:15 PM | Message # 8
Lieutenant Colonel
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 9
eYe.ris
please keep the  server up fhsw is a unique game that is no longer made
I like the big tank battles and huge ship plane battles  you don't get that on new battlefields
today we just have hype bombs that come and go  like cod bf  on bf1942  if you can dream of it  it can be done
I seen it all only on bf1942 you get this
best part is no pay to win  no unlocks  no dlc  and no  stats

to Quote rbsekac12323

yes Kikusui Day 2. has to be removed from list it crashed my server too survivalclan.tk

I'm an old bf1942 player I go far back all the way to 2002
and I also play cnc generals.

Message edited by E-3 - Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 1:25 PM

Endless_NamelessDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 5:25 PM | Message # 9
General
Quote Lampo ()
I'm sad for that I'm reading but I understand your problem. Anyways I'm pretty sure you will return because a lot of us had the same interest drop, but we are always came back. At this point I have a question for you about the server. I could pay for next year, waiting for your return and to keep this adventure on. So please, if you may, contact me by mail for all infos I need. The only thing I ask is some help to admim it from who has time and ability. I made some experience with a server I had but I'm really klutz when server needs some technical maintenance. You can give all rights to the reliable volunteers so we can go on.

I'll probably continue to play as a regular player but I don't want to have anything to do with the server (ssm, admin, site management, etc.). Maybe I can transfer the server contract to someone else, I have to check with the host. The server host is called hetzner (German), current cost is 60€/month, it runs on Windows 2012 server OS so it's quite easy to manage.

The payment isn't the problem for me really, I can actually help paying the new server. I just want to have the possiblity to stay away from the server for a few weeks and not having to worry about it (as an example).

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2016-11-09, 6:01 PM | Message # 10
General
Awards: 45
Ok, the good news: the payment most probably will be no problem.
We now need to find somebody who is reliable, has some skill for ssm and is unconcerned about childish issues or behaviour on the server.

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

XenanabDate: Thursday, 2016-11-10, 6:03 PM | Message # 11
Colonel
I can also totally understand your decision eYe.

From my part I am not a possible candidate for being the server owner since I am not living in easy life circumstances which offer unlimited and stable internet at any given time.

The only thing I can do is helping with admin work and maybe ssm. I have never done ssm but I am able to map for FHSW. Does that somehow qualifiy for being in charge with ssm tasks?
From what I understood about that, you are modifying .con files of spawnobjects, soldier spawns and even objective spawns INSIDE the server's map archive data.

sonikglightDate: Friday, 2016-11-11, 2:47 AM | Message # 12
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Hello everyone!In January 2015 I started this server because Stefan showed declining interest in his server and there were times when it was down for several days. It was also a fairly old machine and with FHSW 0.55 released the loading times increased quite a bit. My main goal was to start new with a fresh server and increased admin activity. I had no idea how to operate a server but learned it along the way.

We had a lot of fun here and player numbers have been quite good for such an old game. The release of 0.6 also brought a lot of activity back. Thanks for being so loyal! There are a lot of memories I'll never forget, especially the trailer we created together stands out.

But I’ve noticed that like Stefan I’m also slowly losing interest and I want to pass the torch before it’s too late and we’re at the same state as at the end of 2014. Here are my main reasons if someone cares:

FHSW in general has lost some of its appeal to me, it’s a mix of several things and the main things are: too random damage system in tank vs tank and too many vehicles on each map
Increase of server disputes. I made this server to have fun with friends, not to discuss rules and bans every week, I hate doing admin work.
But most importantly: less and less time, I play a couple of hours every weekend, that’s it. I can’t really participate much in the community anymore, so it doesn’t make much sense to be the guy who runs (and pays) the show.

I plan on terminating the contract with the server host in January 2017.

So I hope that’s enough time for you to find a good new admin who can be more active again.

Cheers,
eYe.ris

No game can be as realistic as real life, I don't care what game you go to at least here you have a variety of options and I like to add Adventures too in a quick pace way.

Other then that, you been doing an excellent job with the politics of the server eYe.ris

You have an excellent staff of admins and a great community here.

But that's how you feel, I wish the best for you for making this community eYe.ris.

We will miss you!

Best Regards  Winbean

Added (2016-11-11, 1:47 AM)
---------------------------------------------

lol

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

E-3Date: Friday, 2016-11-11, 10:33 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant Colonel
i hope we can keep the same server ip if some one take it over

Message edited by E-3 - Saturday, 2016-11-12, 0:18 AM

sonikglightDate: Saturday, 2016-11-12, 7:12 AM | Message # 14
Private
Group: Recruit
Awards: 6
Quote Endless_Nameless ()
Quote Lampo ()I'm sad for that I'm reading but I understand your problem. Anyways I'm pretty sure you will return because a lot of us had the same interest drop, but we are always came back. At this point I have a question for you about the server. I could pay for next year, waiting for your return and to keep this adventure on. So please, if you may, contact me by mail for all infos I need. The only thing I ask is some help to admim it from who has time and ability. I made some experience with a server I had but I'm really klutz when server needs some technical maintenance. You can give all rights to the reliable volunteers so we can go on.

I'll probably continue to play as a regular player but I don't want to have anything to do with the server (ssm, admin, site management, etc.). Maybe I can transfer the server contract to someone else, I have to check with the host. The server host is called hetzner (German), current cost is 60€/month, it runs on Windows 2012 server OS so it's quite easy to manage.

The payment isn't the problem for me really, I can actually help paying the new server. I just want to have the possiblity to stay away from the server for a few weeks and not having to worry about it (as an example).

oops, just read this lol

is this hetzner web site ?

https://www.hetzner.de/en/

sonik9speed aka Winbean aka Winlite

Message edited by sonikglight - Saturday, 2016-11-12, 7:16 AM

Endless_NamelessDate: Saturday, 2016-11-12, 2:28 PM | Message # 15
General
Yes.

My Youtube Channel
aka eYe.ris

timothyhughes109Date: Saturday, 2016-11-12, 2:37 PM | Message # 16
Lieutenant
Group: Trusted
Awards: 1
Thank you for hosting the server, Eye.  I very much appreciate it and wish you well in your future endeavors

Forgotten Honor would be more than happy to host a public server if no one else wishes too. It would be no problem for us. We could even have a 128 player server.

Message edited by timothyhughes109 - Saturday, 2016-11-12, 4:51 PM

bubuDate: Sunday, 2016-11-13, 3:45 PM | Message # 17
Colonel
Awards: 31
At least you aren't leaving us and you will game on.... smile Makes me feel a little bit better after reading all the news  wacko

Sadly I have no experience in SSM, hosting is a problem too so I'm sorry I can't help in any way. I have experience with servers but that's all I got. Sorry lads  wink

CanukAttakDate: Sunday, 2016-11-13, 5:23 PM | Message # 18
Captain
Group: Friends
Well its sad to see you are passing the torch, But good that you will still play FHSW with us from time to time. But Lets get real here people I personally need the server to move closer to western Canada cause I'm freakin tired of playing with 170- 300 ping every damn time ahahahaha Even though I still kick your asses!!!!! devil . With much love Eye.ris it was a pleasure and I hope we can find a solution smile

Robert_von_EberhahnDate: Sunday, 2016-11-13, 6:50 PM | Message # 19
Lieutenant General
well server will not disapear. At last Buddydog offers to run it at FHT, thats not so bad isn´t it?

E-3Date: Sunday, 2016-11-13, 7:12 PM | Message # 20
Lieutenant Colonel
i offer my home run bf1942 server plus ts3 to here if there is no 1 to take over

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/84.104.210.72:14567/

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/84.104.210.72:9987/

my isp is ziggo  and i have very good up and download my upload 15 download 150 mb plus ziggo upgrade my speed  every year
how ever i dont know if 15mb sec upload is enough for a  full server  the highest number players I had on survivalclan.tk was 7 players
i think a dedicated server still be better as they got uploads in 100mb sec but im sure teamspeak 3 is no problem at all

Message edited by E-3 - Sunday, 2016-11-13, 7:13 PM

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Passing the torch (r)
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search: