[ Updated threads · New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r)
RADIOSMERSHDate: Thursday, 2017-10-05, 6:30 PM | Message # 61
FHSW Wikia Co-Admin
Group: Bronze Donator
Awards: 27
I'm glad the server is back. However, there's one thing that bothers me: wewak is still unreachable and we don't have access to the control panel. If such an event occurs in the future, we won't be able to do anything. I think it was rather an oversight on eYe's part to delegate the control over the server to single person, even trusted one.

Quote Lampo ()
wewi told me that payment is on 3th of each month, maybe my stupid postal bank delayed some payement because they are alwayns on strike.

I justed opened folder with logs through FTP and it looks like the server has been running all this time, that suggests it was rather a technical issue.

Message edited by RADIOSMERSH - Thursday, 2017-10-05, 6:55 PM

waldhurzakDate: Thursday, 2017-10-05, 7:49 PM | Message # 62
Captain
Group: Trusted
Awards: 5
it's not a problem, we can continue on that server, but we need a wewi more for eventually trouble in the future   

ok, but bro saves cash we could use for a modest "paid" advertising on facebook for example
to get more gradually FHSW players and fans  smile

Best Bf1942 version for FHSW:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/818jqqez94ka80h/BF1942-HD.rar

rafal

LampoDate: Thursday, 2017-10-05, 10:46 PM | Message # 63
Donator of 40€
Group: Gold Donator
Awards: 31
Quote RADIOSMERSH ()
I justed opened folder with logs through FTP and it looks like the server has been running all this time, that suggests it was rather a technical issue.

ok, thanks... at the end all is going fine. That's good.  smile

bubuDate: Friday, 2017-10-06, 3:05 PM | Message # 64
Colonel
Group: Admins
Unfortunately, that is not fine by a kilometer! sad That's f***ed up! Having no access to the web interface and having no option to contact hetzner, while paying 60 euros for server which runs subtly for I think 2 weeks or more is just purely f***ed up! dry 

There is a very big chance this will happen again. We need that paypal up and running to gather the donations and in the case this would happen again, we could get a new server.

Alternative to that is the following: we need Wewak to allow access to at least 2 other people onto the webpanel so there would be at least 3 people who could access it in total. This alternative is not very likely as Wewi is nowhere to be contacted sad and paying 60euros for the server we could get for 30 is quite bad. The only fact that is against getting the new server is that by changing the IP address, people won't see the server in their in-game browser and we will lose players, as E3 and Radio pointed out...

xxpollenzxxDate: Friday, 2017-10-06, 4:29 PM | Message # 65
Sergeant
Awards: 1
Guys, Can't you contact with Hetzner to get any other information about Wewak that you might not have? (Like phone or other data) So you can try with other things besides mails. I don't like to think bad things but if he is out since more than 6 months, something could happened to him :/

LampoDate: Friday, 2017-10-06, 9:49 PM | Message # 66
Donator of 40€
I think eye and wewi had some contact when server changed "owner". But I'm sure wewi is only busy at this time.  icecream

bubuDate: Friday, 2017-10-13, 5:10 PM | Message # 67
Colonel
Quote Lampo ()
I'm sure wewi is only busy at this time
Busy for 8 months not replying to neither of his 2 email addresses? unsure 

Quote xxpollenzxx ()
Guys, Can't you contact with Hetzner to get any other information about Wewak that you might not have?...
Pretty sure they won't give personal information to random people from a game uhm  I like this idea though....

Added (2017-10-13, 4:10 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Bump, any volunteers for paypal creation? XD

starking018Date: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 6:11 PM | Message # 68
Colonel
Group: Friends
Awards: 22
We knew that we are in a bad situation with the server, having no access to support due to Wewak's absence. At any moment, for any of a number of reasons we could lose access to the server and not be able to restore it through Hetzner's support. Unfortunately, this is what happened. Bubu explained to me via PM that he had to do some changes related to Remote Desktop access, for security reasons. He made one error (specifically, in Remote Desktop Gateway configuration) and now there doesn't seem to be a way to access the server in any way to fix it. I don't think that Bubu can be blamed, because there was a real security reason to be altering Remote Desktop configuration, and because we knew that we need to regain access to Hetzner support anyway. It is not his fault that Wewak is unreachable.

Now the FHSW server is not running (BFSM is not running) and so I started my temporary server (87.121.56.129:14567). I'll try to keep it online until we find a long term solution.

I think we should try to convince Hetzner to transfer the server rental contract and account from Wewak's name to someone else's, due to Wewak's absence.

I think that there is a good chance to do this with the cooperation of eYe (as former account holder), Lampo (as the one with the bank account which has been paying the bill) and Bubu (as the one who has been managing the server remotely). The idea is that all three of you should write Hetzner explaining the situation and providing all the proof that they need in order to be able to trust us and agree to this. Tell them that we are unable to get a response from Wewak via e-mail or phone and that they could try to contact him and see for themselves. This may take some time (I can keep my server online during that time). I think that seeing all this evidence there's a good chance that they would oblige. I can help writing that e-mail later tonight or tomorrow.

Air Troll a.k.a. starking018

Message edited by starking018 - Sunday, 2017-12-10, 6:11 PM

LampoDate: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 6:28 PM | Message # 69
Donator of 40€
here I am, for me it's ok... I can send all receipts with "server renting" as reason of payment and all informations about my bank account and the beneficiary. We can demonstrate this situation, tell me when and where I have to send this infos.

( ban Canik  ph34r  )

Message edited by Lampo - Sunday, 2017-12-10, 6:39 PM

bubuDate: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 6:49 PM | Message # 70
Colonel
And to ensure them that we knew wewi, we can give them his phone number, name and emails we tried to reach them on.

xxpollenzxxDate: Sunday, 2017-12-10, 11:24 PM | Message # 71
Sergeant
Awards: 1
I said it already. At some point they should trust you guys and give you some information of wewak. I hope you guys could fix it smile

LampoDate: Monday, 2017-12-11, 5:36 PM | Message # 72
Donator of 40€
then ??? News ??? ( ban Canik  ph34r  ). Server is off, I didn't understand why ??? Oh, ok I read above. Then call me for any infos.
Ciao Pollenz the Sailorman  rambo

starking018Date: Monday, 2017-12-11, 7:31 PM | Message # 73
Colonel
@Endless_Nameless, Lampobubu

I wrote a draft for what I propose all three of you send to support@hetzner.de . You need to overwrite the parts between **asterisks**, add and edit whatever else you see fit. Maybe collaboratively edit in Google Docs, if you like. Please check my vocabulary, especially regarding doing business with Hetzner, as I haven't done such business myself. I guess better don't send all private and sensitive information in the first e-mail but rather send afterwards, directly to whoever from Hetzner takes this case and asks for specific information. I've suggested what private information to include here, just Wewak's full name and contact information that Hetzner already has.

I was thinking that Lampo was paying directly to Hetzner, which would make for a strong evidence for them. But then I re-read Lampo's old comments and it turns out the bank transfers were to Wewak. I guess it may still be helpful if the banking details that Lampo has for Wewak match what Hetzner has for Wewak.

Also, I found this while skimming through Hetzner's terms and conditions (https://www.hetzner.com/rechtliches/agb):

9.5 If the client intends to devolve his contractual rights to another person, he requires our consent. Devolution of contractual rights can only be done in writing by letter, fax or via the secure online administrations interface, provided this option is available. When devolution is carried out by letter or fax, the previous and the new contract partners must both provide a signature.

On one hand, we would be asking Hetzner to transfer the contract in a way not explicitly mentioned here (assuming Wewak can't sign because he is unreachable). They may understand and agree anyway. On the other hand, if the original transfer from eYe to Wewak was not done exactly as this point says, then we could argue that the transfer to Wewak is null and void, and should be reversed back to eYe (and then transfer to whoever).

The important question of who do we want the account transferred to remains, but I guess that we may decide this after sending this e-mail, while waiting for Hetzner trying to contact Wewak.

Here's the draft:

Message edited by starking018 - Monday, 2017-12-11, 7:33 PM

mardukDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 8:23 AM | Message # 74
General
Awards: 45
I am glad to see that you people are taking over responsibilty here. To keep the server and this community alive it needs people like you.

Personally I decided that it is time for me to leave after more than seven years of FHSW. The game just does not attract me anymore: I have played most of the maps probably several hundred times, but lately I had to put more and more effort into playing to keep it interesting for me. Now I have just reached a point where I see that it is over for me. I also have to write my master thesis in the next months which makes it a good time to leave now.

You will manage to get FHSW Europe through this difficult times.

Marduk

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

twistedkebabfaceDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 3:14 PM | Message # 75
Lieutenant
Awards: 8
Mardi leavling?!  weep   Well, im glad that we had fantastic times playing together on this server even we (KONSKI the horse, aka the Slobodan, mostly smile ) were annoying you with map decisons.  Good luck with your master's degree! Hope you will visit the small society of FHSW sometimes. Don't forget to eat some döner.  :P 

Hello, it's [FHSW] KEBab_RETurns. And i'm making good kebabs from my enemies.

bubuDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 4:06 PM | Message # 76
Colonel
And I believe it will be only a short break! happy

starking018Date: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 4:39 PM | Message # 77
Colonel
The game is more fun with more good players like you, so we'd definitely miss you for that.

It is entirely understandable to be switching to other priorities, or to lose interest for some time. However, I predict that at some point you will want to play this game again. You shouldn't be feeling obliged to put effort into the game and related activities. But I think that you will want to do the same fun things as before again, and you will also want to explore new fun things (the possibilities for fun are endless in this game, plus, there may be new versions and maps). So, please don't hesitate to come playing again.

LampoDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 6:53 PM | Message # 78
Donator of 40€
Quote marduk ()
Personally I decided that it is time for me to leave after more than seven years of FHSW. The game just does not attract me anymore: I have played most of the maps probably several hundred times, but lately I had to put more and more effort into playing to keep it interesting for me. Now I have just reached a point where I see that it is over for me. I also have to write my master thesis in the next months which makes it a good time to leave now.

sad 
LE Mardì, you can't do that... I was a child  cap  when I met you, and you were a nice old old old man ( put an old old old man pic )... Take a break, but come back asap, I can't imagine FHSW without le Mardì on line. Then, don't waste your time with the thesis, Join Army  yes , they will pay you not only like some lazy italian guy... but also for playing war in RL with a lot of drills.
You said  " To keep the server and this community alive it needs people like you." that's true and you are one of them. We are "working" together for years and we have to continue. We are here waiting for you and I'm sure you'll be back.
Come back or ban

XenanabDate: Tuesday, 2017-12-12, 7:09 PM | Message # 79
Colonel
Group: Silver Donator
Awards: 19
Now that I obtained some free time the server is down... that's unfortunate sad
I hope you guys will be succesful contacting Hetzner. If they don't want to speak English with you I can help with my German xD

@ Marduk
We cannot make you play with us here forever. You leaving will have an great impact on the server since you are the most active admin and one of the most active persons here on the forums.
But if you feel that way, we must respect the decisions you make.
I hope that you will come back to some play sessions here and there, as your skill and willingness to introduce some deeper teamplay will be greatly missed!

mardukDate: Wednesday, 2017-12-13, 8:24 AM | Message # 80
General
Awards: 45
Thanks people for your nice words smile

I am wondering if now any active forum admin is left for taking care of the things going on here?!

I am sure I will come back some day (I have not deleted the game from my puter), but for now I definitely need a break. And as I see the server is already back smile You will do this!

This is a gaming community. People come here to relax. If you start an argument you will get kicked.

Quid pro quo.

Marduk aka Postduk

Forum » [FHSW] Europe 0.611 Server: » Infos: » Our main server is offline and Wewak is unreachable (r) (Let's discuss setting up and maintaining a new server)
Search: